HS3 iTunes Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 iTunes Beta

Is there a reason why I can't download the iTunes Beta release for HS3 using the Interfaces & Add-Ons manager? I tick the box for download and several seconds later the stutus bar beneath my already-loaded plug ins says "Install/Update of package HomeSeer iTunes failed".

Clicking on the Release notes link for the iTunes add-on simply returns to the Interfaces & Add-ons screen with no release notes. I have tried updating the listing and re-trying, but get the same failure.

Is there a pre-requisite?

thanks

Jeremy

I tried installing it the other day got the same thing you describe. I checked the log and there was a entry indicating that... I believe version 3.0.0.143 or greater of HomeSeer was required. I am on version 3.0.0.130 and have not installed the latest betas. I also saw the same as you on the help page.
    Billy

Comment

Thanks Billy. I checked the log and saw the same. It'd be helpful if the Release notes said that HS3.0.0.143 was a prerequisite.

Jeremy

Comment

iTunes not working with 3.0.0.143

Well chaps,
        Saw the iTunes plugin, thought I would leave it for a while but just tried it.
        Using 3.0.0.143 but

Got this in the log:-

Nov-26 20:39:03 HS iTunes ERROR Error in System.String InitIO(System.String):Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {DC0C2640-1415-4644-875C-6F4D769839BA} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
        So not worth upgrading:-

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
          Well chaps,
          Saw the iTunes plugin, thought I would leave it for a while but just tried it.
          Using 3.0.0.143 but

Got this in the log:-

Nov-26 20:39:03 HS iTunes ERROR Error in System.String InitIO(System.String):Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {DC0C2640-1415-4644-875C-6F4D769839BA} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
          So not worth upgrading:-

Peter
          I installed HomeSeer 3.0.0.147 today to correct a refresh issue I was having with the Insteon plugin. The Insteon refresh problem is no longer an issue. I also installed the HomeSeer iTunes plugin, it installed with no issue and I was able to play music from my iTunes playlist with no problem. You may want to try upgrading HomeSeer to 3.0.0.147 and see if the issue you are having goes away.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving
          Billy

Comment

Bugzilla time i would guess!

Hi Billy,

Upgraded to 3.0.0.147, still seeing the same error so guess it is bugzilla time again.
            Thanks for the help anyway.

Peter

Comment

Do you have iTunes installed on your HomeSeer 3 server? If so what version?
              Billy

Comment

Working...
              X