HS3 Echo Proxy mkII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Echo Proxy mkII

NOTE: I cannot reply to this thread. So if you have questions direct them to this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1197227

Thrag's Unofficial Echo/Alexa Plugin!

Allows you to control your home seer system through the Amazon Echo or any Alexa Voice Service enabled device, which now includes HomeSeer itself! Check out Spud's Awesome Alexa Voice Service Plugin!

Download the zip file and start with the instructions in the readme file.

For help with installation, customizing, or anything just go to the discussion thread linked above or send me a private message.

New Update Dec. 9 2015:
    Fixes to instructions.
    Better error handling for sample utterance generation to work around problem trying to generate utterances from Global Cache plug in devices.
    New ini parameters where you can list event groups, device locations, or specific devices to exclude from utterance generation. (EventGroupsToExclude, DeviceLocationsToExclude, DevicesToExclude in the SkillConfig section).

NEWER UPDATE. NEW THREAD. CLICK HERE.
    Last edited by Thrag; December 10, 2015, 11:40 PM.

Thanks for putting this together! Not having to install the REST api and poke an additional hole in my firewall is a nice plus.

How is the latency of your plugin compared to the Homeseer solution using myHomeseer? Is there are a lot of timeouts, or is it pretty quick?

Comment

Can you change the attencion name?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

OK, I had the username populated in the .ini config file for the plugin...that needs to be blank so you can register. I got things to work now. So far, I found the following errors in the documentation:

Instructions say:

You should have a .pem file after running through the steps in the Amazon link above. Copy that file to the name \apache24\conf\server.crt, and copy it again to \apache24\conf\server.key.

Should say:

You should have a .pem file after running through the steps in the Amazon link above. Copy that file to the name \apache24\conf\server.crt. You should also have a private-key.pem file, copy this one to to \apache24\conf\server.key.

Instructions say:

Code:
        Listen 443
        <VirtualHost *:443>
         	ServerName your.domain.name
          SSLEngine on
          SSLCertificateFile "c:\apache24\conf\server.crt"
          SSLCertificateKeyFile "c:\apache24\conf\server.key"
          ProxyPreserveHost On
          ProxyPass "/HS3EchoPlugin.aspx" "http://your.hs3.ip.for.example.192.168.1.34/HS3EchoPlugin.aspx"
          ProxyPassReverse "/HS3EchoPlugin.aspx" "http://your.hs3.ip/HS3EchoPlugin.aspx"
          <Location "/HS3EchoPlugin.aspx>
            AuthBasicFake username password
          <Location>
        </VirtualHost>
        The close out for the location block should say:

Code:
        <[COLOR="red"]/[/COLOR]Location> rather than <Location>
        Instructions say:

Now that we are done testing you should also set up Apache as a service so it will start automatically. To do that, stop Apache by hitting ctrl-c in the command prompt window you started it in. Then type 'apache -k install'. Now go to services in the control panel and verify that you see Apache2.4 in the service list, that it is started (you may need to start after install), and that the startup type is automatic.

Instructions should say:

Now that we are done testing you should also set up Apache as a service so it will start automatically. To do that, stop Apache by hitting ctrl-c in the command prompt window you started it in. Then type 'httpd -k install'. Now go to services in the control panel and verify that you see Apache2.4 in the service list, that it is started (you may need to start after install), and that the startup type is automatic.

Instructions say:

Invocation name - This is the name that matters. It is what you will be saying to give commands. The grammar is "Tell {name} to..." or "Ask {name} to...". For questions you can say "Ask {name}..." without followed by a question. If you call it "HomeSeer" and say "tell HomeSeer to run goodnight" or "tell HomeSeer to dim second floor hallway light to 30 percent". You can have the phrase be "the house" for "tell the house to..." or if you want a sci-fi feel, put in HAL or Computer. It's up to you and you can change it at any time.

Instructions should say:

Invocation name - This is the name that matters. It is what you will be saying to give commands. The grammar is "Tell {name} to..." or "Ask {name} to...". For questions you can say "Ask {name}..." without followed by a question. If you call it "Home Seer" and say "tell HomeSeer to run goodnight" or "tell HomeSeer to dim second floor hallway light to 30 percent". You can have the phrase be "the house" for "tell the house to..." or if you want a sci-fi feel, put in HAL or Computer. It's up to you and you can change it at any time.

Other than that things seem to be working but I have some difficulty in the following areas:

If I say "Alexa, ask HomeSeer to turn dining room light off" it will tell me it can't find the device. If I say "Alexa, launch HomeSeer" then wait a couple of seconds for Alexa to connect, I can then tell her to turn off the light. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I can't initialize the skill/ask for the device to change at the same time.

Can't seem to decipher how to tell Alexa to change the dining room thermostat heating setpoint. Keep getting the device is not found. Is there a special way to deal with thermostats?

Alexa seems to want to reregister every so often...not sure why this is happening.

Comment

Working...
        X