Vacation and Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation and Christmas

I would like to be able to press one button to set the system to vacation which would change the schedule of lights and turn off a couple appliance switches. With my previous HA software I have to upload a different schedule file to accomplish this. I fit should be easier with HS.
    The second function is for seasonal events. I see where I can make events based on specific days which would work but would need to be changed every year as the dates also include the year. I would like to have for instance: If it is from December 1 to January 6 between the hours of sunset and 11 PM the lights are on. Once configured, I would like it to run to the end of time.
    Am I missing some function that already exists in HS3 or must I try scripts?

Thanks,
    Steve

I can make events based on specific days which would work but would need to be changed every year as the dates also include the year
    You do not have to specify the year. I run an event every morning to determine if it is a Holiday to change my wake up events.

Bob
    Attached Files

Comment

{subscribed}

i was thinking of a virtual device say IsHoliday (yes/no)
      then virtual devices for holidays (xmas, halloween, etc)
      then script... if device IsHoliday is On (or yes or whatever)
      AND Device Xmas is On
      Then this light on, that light on, this that... blah blah
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I have created one virtual device with different values:

0 = None
        1 = Birthday
        2 = Christmas
        20 = Vacation

many events are using greater then "None" to know if something special might be needed. Only some events are using = "Vacation" to emulate presence and some special events use "Christmas" or "Birthday" to do special stuff.

The last value is quite a bit higher to make sure I could add other holidays if needed (we do not have Haloween here for instance, but you never know..)

Wim
        Last edited by w.vuyk; January 7, 2016, 10:19 AM.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I set up a really thorough set of events that sets a virtual device and its string before holidays. I use several virtual devices. The devices are used to control lighting, heating and other schedules. I use the first virtual device to indicate tomorrow is a holiday. The tomorrow is a holiday is based upon the observed rather than the actual holiday, in case the holiday is on a Saturday or Sunday. A second virtual device stores the current work schedule for heating (my wife works 4 different shifts). The daytime heating setbacks are cancelled on an evening before a holiday, the interior lights shut down an hour later before a holiday. On the day of the holiday, the "Holiday Tomorrow" virtual device is turned off and the "Holiday Today" is set. If it is a "Holiday Today" the stored heating schedules are returned that evening for the next day.

As you can see below, I built this series of events last September so I have only tested them on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's, but they worked as planned. In 2016 Christmas and New Year's will be on a Sunday, so it should test my events triggering before the legal (observed) holiday which will be on Monday.

I may also add a multiple value virtual device that will set to a different value for each holiday so that I can trigger events on specific holidays.
          Attached Files
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I have a very similar situation to Randy's but I just created a bunch of virtual devices, one for each holiday that I'm concerned about. I then have other events which are contingent on one of these devices being on. So for example: The phone rings, an event runs which in turn runs a ton of other events. If it's Halloween time the sound that precedes the caller ID announcement is something spooky. If it's Thanksgiving it's a turkey gobble. You get the idea.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I have a group named Christmas lights. For that group I have 2 conditions : if after 12/1/2015 and if before 1/7/2016.

I wanted to use the conditions: if after 12/1/Y or if before 1/7/Y But HS3 would not allow me to create these conditions even though they are possible valid entries. It seems to be a bug. I am using ver 180. Perhaps it has been fixed in the current version?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                I have a group named Christmas lights. For that group I have 2 conditions : if after 12/1/2015 and if before 1/7/2016.

I wanted to use the conditions: if after 12/1/Y or if before 1/7/Y But HS3 would not allow me to create these conditions even though they are possible valid entries. It seems to be a bug. I am using ver 180. Perhaps it has been fixed in the current version?

Steve Q

Yeah! I have been meaning to post about this. I made an event to run on NYE and selected any year and it didn't run! I looked back and it had reverted to MM/DD/2015. So I tried making more such events and as soon as I collapse the event it reverts to the current year. I'm on the latest version of HS3, whatever that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post

Steve Q

It is really not a bug, HomeSeer assumes a year ends at Midnight on December 31 and that a new year begins after Midnight on December 31, if a year is not specified. I tried to explain it in this post. Because you are specifying a year, you are able to cross from one year to the next.

That event is doable and is very close to what I do. See screenshot below.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    Yeah! I have been meaning to post about this. I made an event to run on NYE and selected any year and it didn't run! I looked back and it had reverted to MM/DD/2015. So I tried making more such events and as soon as I collapse the event it reverts to the current year. I'm on the latest version of HS3, whatever that is.
                    Can you post a screenshot? I just built an event, collapsed it, reloaded events and it is still as shown.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I don't know brother. My event wasn't for midnight. It was for 10 minutes before. None the less I have tried making events since and they all revert to the current year once I collapse the event. Now it is completely possible I'm doing or observing something wrong but I think I did my due diligence.

Comment

I don't know brother. My event wasn't for midnight. It was for 10 minutes before. None the less I have tried making events since and they all revert to the current year once I collapse the event. Now it is completely possible I'm doing or observing something wrong but I think I did my due diligence.
                        I'd be curious to see if you can duplicate the results and post exactly what you do. I just built one for 11:50 PM. I am not trying to nbe argumentative, I would just like to be able to exercise my futility and post a Bugzilla if we can find out when it breaks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                          Can you post a screenshot? I just built an event, collapsed it, reloaded events and it is still as shown.

Indeed I can. I just whipped up this event that doesn't even have any actions yet. Note I had already entered the date, checked any year and hit Done. I then reopened the calendar to demonstrate. Any year is still checked but the date is still 2016.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Indeed I can. I just whipped up this event that doesn't even have any actions yet. Note I had already entered the date, checked any year and hit Done. I then reopened the calendar to demonstrate. Any year is still checked but the date is still 2016.
                            Try checking "Any Year" before you click on the date and remove any incorrect dates from the right window.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              Try checking "Any Year" before you click on the date.
                              Are you serious? If you have to do that then it's a bug.

EDIT:

Ummmmm. Well that does seem to work. WTF!!??

Comment

Working...
                              X