MP4 attachment not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP4 attachment not working

I just installed the UltraNetCam3 PI on my HS3 server and I'm trying all options,

I've been able to attach to a email the latest snaphost, attach a compressed snapshot file of an event but I'm stuggling with the "attach a MP4 video of the event", I receive the email but there is nothing attached to it when I select the MP4 option

Looking on the forum, I found that I need to copy the ffmpeg.exe file to HS3 root directory wich I did and this activated the "install" flag for ffmpeg but still, there is no attachment to the sent email.

I tried to find in the HS3 subdirectories any MP4 files but can't find them so I suppose that the file is never created tough never sent...

I've attach a copy of my event setting and the extraction of the debug file

Anyone have a clu on the problem here ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by goldriver; April 15, 2016, 12:43 PM.

Are you running under windows or linux?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Are you running under windows or linux?
      here is my setup:

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.280 (Windows)
      HomeSeer: Is Registered
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Famille - Work Station
      OS Version: 10.0.10586 Service Pack: 0.0
      Number of Devices: 356
      Number of Events: 115
      Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos:,Harmony Hub:,Honeywell WiFi Thermostat:,HSTouch Server:,EnvisaLink:,Z-Wave:,EnvCan:,PHLocation:,Pushover 3P:,Homekit bridge:,UltraNetCam3:
      Processor Type and Speed: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 at 2,52 GHz
      Modules/Threads: 143 Modules, 111 Threads
      Available Threads: 800
      System Processes/Load: 107 Processes, 2% Load
      Free / Total Physical Memory: 5,28 GBytes / 7,93 GBytes (67% free)
      Free / Total Virtual Memory: 6,34 GBytes / 9,18 GBytes (69% free)
      HomeSeer Memory Used: 146 Mbytes

Comment

Where did you download the ffmpeg.exe file you put into the HomeSeer3 root directly from? Can you provide me the download link so I can test it?

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Where did you download the ffmpeg.exe file you put into the HomeSeer3 root directly from? Can you provide me the download link so I can test it?

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          after many test, I found out that if there is less then 16 images, there is no mp4 attached to the email.

That is ok for me as I decided to go with 30 images at 0.5 fpm

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
            after many test, I found out that if there is less then 16 images, there is no mp4 attached to the email.

That is ok for me as I decided to go with 30 images at 0.5 fpm

thanks
            Did you change the option from the default of 10?

Comment

Did you change the option from the default of 10?
              no, the default is still at 10
              Attached Files

Comment

Is there a ffmpeg.exe for the Zee S2 Linux controller?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSM View Post
                  Is there a ffmpeg.exe for the Zee S2 Linux controller?
                  Good question. Have you checked https://ffmpeg.org/download.html?

Comment

I did. There is a compiled Linux version, but I assume it doesn't run on the small Zee controller. I can probably try to download the sources and compile it on my own. I just hoped someone else had done it before

I won't have time to do this now, but when I do and it works, I will report back.

Comment

Greetings,

I don't own a Zee, but I believe it is based on the Raspberry Pi - and as such there might be precompiled FFmpeg versions for it. Possibly these will help:
                      https://wiki.debian.org/ffmpeg
                      https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...c.php?t=125367

Problems with FFmpeg on Linux have come up several times. I've created a new thread for it:
                      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184175

-Alex

Comment

Just to tell my story. I've been using FFMPEG in my ZEES2 from last year without any problem, but no with this Plugin.
                        Now I've installed it and the configuration you and ihomeautomate suggested works perfectly.

Just to recap:

1. Install the plugin in your ZEE S2.
                        2. Open a Terminal window and run the following commands:
                        a. # cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                        b. # sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg ffmpeg.exe
                        c. # cd /usr/local
                        d. # sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg 'HomeSeer\ffmpeg.exe'
                        3. Go to the Plugin configuration, under HomeSeer, and you'll see that ffmpeg is detected as installed, so configure the option "Convert Snapshot Event to Video" as you want (minimum quantity of pics to generate an mp4 video).
                        4. Under each Event you'd like to generate, select Event Snapshots, indicate you want to attach the MP4 video in the Event, and check the Option "Send E-mail Notification".

And that's it... It works fine.

Just to clarify that my ffmpeg was generated and installed in /usr/local/bin , so it's the path you need to write in the steps 2b and 2d.

I hope this could serve to others ZEE users that have bought this Plugin.

Pablo.

Comment

Glad to hear it's working, thanks for the update.

-Alex

Comment

Working...
                          X