Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Thank you Rob.

Here will benchmark the Pine64 using Ubuntu/Homeseer 3 and compare it to the numbers I see right now with the Xi3 Xi5a and RPi2 which do fine running Homeseer 3 lite.

Yesterday switched the video out on the Xi5a such that it utilizes the Display port video output. Never used one before. Works well with the LCD TV.

I do not know if I want to use it as a Kodi box ...that said it was only $60.

Switched the HS3 Zee-2 stuff over to the Xi5a and running ZWave remotely from the old RPi2/GPIO ZWave board.

Here is another picture of the Pine64 board.

https://hackadaycom.files.wordpress....ront.jpg?w=800
    Hi Pete! wow! those boxes look sexy!
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yeah the Xi3 Xi5A is an interesting computer. It is built to last a long time.

Concurrently turning a Joggler tablet in to another HS3 lite computer using a 64Gb SSD on it for XUbuntu 14.04. (It has a slower dual threaded Atom and only 512Mb of memory and does fine running HS3 lite).

Found copies of receipts for some state universities that purchased thousands of the Xi3 computers.

Running Kodi on one of them in my home office to the LCD TV. Does fine.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Mine is still on my test bench at work. I've loaded Ubuntu on it so far. It boots fast and is pretty snappy. I'm actually thinking of loading Kodi on it for my son to use at college.

I do run a cheap HDMI -> VGA and it works fine on a cheap VGA monitor.

Also pictured are 2 Solid-Run Hummingboards. The one with the red heatsink actually ran HS3 for me a while back. They run Linux just fine. I'm actually trying to get android loaded on one of them to test out HSTouch.

The hummingboards are terrible for OpenElec. Even with the beefy heatsinks, they run WAY too hot and I wouldnt trust them in an enclosure. They burn my fingers to the touch.
        Hummm.. Doesn't look like Mono will compile on the AARCH64 platform. ARMV8 isn't supported yet. You have any luck?

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
          Hummm.. Doesn't look like Mono will compile on the AARCH64 platform. ARMV8 isn't supported yet. You have any luck?

Z
          No - havent even tried that. I have Ubuntu desktop loaded up now, but will be loading Kodi on the Pine64.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

BTW the Pine64/2Gb is a good RPi2 Zee-2 (Homeseer 3 lite) replacement.

It will run HS3 Pro faster than an S-2 but personally I would get a PC with a bit more meat to it for running HS3Pro.

I posted a DIY over here ===> Pine64 Zee-2 Homeseer 3 Lite build.

relating to a quickie build of a Homeseer Lite (Zee-2) on the Pine64.

Code:
            [I]pine64:~# uname -a
            Linux ICS-pine64 3.10.101-0-pine64-longsleep #39 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 7 12:39:25 CEST 2016 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux[/I]

[I]pine64:~# mono -V
            Mono JIT compiler version 4.2.1 (Debian 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-7ubuntu4)
            Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. dub dub dub dot mono-project dot com
            	TLS:           __thread
            	SIGSEGV:       normal
            	Notifications: epoll
            	Architecture:  arm64
            	Disabled:      none
            	Misc:          softdebug 
            	LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
            	GC:            sgen

pine64:~# sensors
            battery-virtual-0
            Adapter: Virtual device
            temp1:        +30.0°C [/I]
            I wrote it up really quick. Please post any questions about what I did in this thread.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; July 6, 2016, 07:54 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X