Jon00 check multiple email & webmail discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnnybwis,

I know you had problems before with this virus pop-up but I am at a loss from the information you posted earlier.

When the script checks for mail, it stores each message in a single text file for each mailbox in the homeseer/config directory. For the first mailbox this is EmailMB1.txt. If Norton detected a virus then it would be from this text file.

The only way you can catch a virus from my script is to enable attachments and then run them. If you disable this feature through the ini file, then no attacment is decoded and is left in the text file mixed up with the rest of the message.

Could you give me a run down as to how you have your system set-up for email?

i.e. do you also have Outlook/Outlook express running also downloading mail??
    Jon

Comment

I will have to take a closer look at what is happening. The computer that runs your scrip is my HomeTheater/Homeseer machine running XP. This makes it a little cumbersome to get to, I either remote in with laptop or turn on TV and use wireless mouse/keyboard. From past experience I am pretty sure when I get my mail on another machine the alert message shows up there also (Not sure if it does this everytime.) I know there are links on the pop up that give more detail (which email). No I do not run any other email program on this machine but do have them installed.
      UPDATE.....................................
      Have not seen this happen lately. I have just switched to AVG virus detection which got good reveiws on the AVS HTPC web forum.
      John

Comment

If anyone wishes to try the next beta of this package with additional features, please email me only.

Thanks,
        Jon

Comment

Just instaled this and all seems to be great but...
          I cannot send emails is says that it is sent but I don't recieve anything where do you put the stmp details?
          what am I missing thanks Jim

Comment

Jim,

You add the settings in the Homeseer View/options/Email setup tab

Bottom left - SMTP server (sending)
            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon
              Everything looks ok.
              The only thing is when you look at your mail with readmail.asp, only guests are not allowed to read the mail, but you can make more user names now in hs.
              Maybee you can use those names or part of it to allow reading?

Thanks for your work!

Peter
              Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback.

As I only stop guests from viewing these pages, any other user account should be able to see them??

Or have I misunderstood you?
                Jon

Comment

Since we have moved to this new board, the new message email notifications do not tell you who has replied in the subject field of the email like the old board did. I used to like this feature when emails from the board were being announced.

I was thinking that I could extract the senders name from the message body and incorporate this within the subject line before it was announced. This would be for messages from the Homeseer message board only.

An example:

Subject now: Reply to post 'Jon00 Whois visiting my webserver discussion'

Subject modified: New Reply by Jon00 - Re: 'Jon00 Whois visiting my webserver discussion'

For the people who use this script, is anyone interested in this?
                  Jon

Comment

Guys,

The last official release of this package is V2.27. Since this has been posted, I have been asked for individual modifications by a few people. I have now nearly finished putting these altogether to make V2.30 with enhancements of my own.

Additions include:

Sending a summary of recieved emails to a mobile email address so that you can choose what emails you want to download and save un-necessary download costs.

Triggering an event on reciept of a file attachment(s)

Hyperlinking on URL's found in plain text emails.

More customation of asp pages.

Improved routines for display of emails.

Additional virtual devices giving full details of each mailbox including update time, list of message sender(s), subject(s) and attachment(s).

Warning of potential unsafe attachments with ability to prevent download of these file types.

Special version that allows the sender of a HS message board notification to be announced.

Ability to clear ALL mail off the server for each or all mailboxes.

And lots more.

There are many changes to the ini file so changing up to this latest version may take a bit of work. I am currently putting this altogether and updating the documentation.

I would like a few volunteers to test this for me before I make it available as there has been lots of changes under the hood. If you wish to try this out, then please email me and I will hopefully be ready to send it to you this weekend. All I ask is that you report any problems/issues (or not) back to me.
                    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, I've been using v2.31 for a while now, just to let you know everything is working fine. Thanks very much for all your development work. I mainly use the script to trigger events from my mobile phone.

Comment

Jon,

Amazing work (as usual), you continue to raise the bar on this script and it has become one the most used aspects to my home automation set up. I can't thank you enough for all your hard work..... dare I say that you should figure out a way to make it a plug-in, as you deserve the compensation for this amazing contribution.

Regards,

Alex

--

Comment

How to run in VBS

Jon , I love your email program . I had the 2.27 ver and set it up to run vbs so not to bog down HS. I tried to update the new 2.31 to vbs but no luck. I had to comment out some stuff to stop the errors. Question do you have a .vbs ver if so could you post it ?

this is the command I was using to run the script. I updated it to the new ver number.

&run=hs.launch ("C:\WINNT\system32\wscript.exe","
                          D:\Progra~1\HomeSeer\scripts\CheckEmailPOP_V2.31.vbs")
                          HS4 Environment
                          Proxmox win11 / HS4
                          Netiom-Xap board
                          Plug-In's
                          rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
                          mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
                          mcsXap V3.0.0.72
                          Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
                          Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Paul,

As in errors, do you mean running the vbs program via homeseer or the script modification you have done is not working in homeseer?

I quickly modified CheckEmailPOP_V2.31.txt to CheckEmailPOP_V2.31.vbs by modifing it to use CreateObject("HomeSeer.Application") and it worked first time.

I have attached it here.

Just double click on the CheckEmailPOP_V2.31.vbs to make sure it first works alone. Remember, you will need some un-read mail or nothing will happen.

The other thing to note is that you will loose the ability to call the re-announce feature via vbs. You will have to use the txt version for that. For total compatibility, make sure you have both versions in your scripts directory which the asp's can use.
                            Attached Files
                            Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon, It runs fine but I think its only checking one email account. I think this because of what I see in HS log . when the txt script is run I see 2 entries checking two accounts but when I run the .vbs script it only shows one. I included two shots one is the result of running the .vbs and the other the .txt script.
                              Attached Files
                              HS4 Environment
                              Proxmox win11 / HS4
                              Netiom-Xap board
                              Plug-In's
                              rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
                              mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
                              mcsXap V3.0.0.72
                              Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
                              Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Ah Ha...

I think I see the problem.

Find in the script:

'***** Main program *****

Add this line underneath it:

strMode=""

It should work now.

Do you just use the script or the asp's as well??
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X