Current Weather Information Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Weather Information Discussion

Post any suggestions, additions, comments or bugs in this thread.

The Script can be found HERE
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Canadian version

Great job on this script.

I followed your instructions and put in zipcode = "33417" : state = " florida"
    and it works like a charm.

Speaks Tampa's weather perfectly !

Now if I only lived there !

Is there a way to get this to work for Toronto,Ontario,Canada ?

I see on the rssweather.com that there are links etc for Canada but I have no idea how to get this info into your script ?

I am sure there are lots of us up here that would be happy to have a working Canada Weather script again after the government destroyed Paul Rimmer's great script !

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer........
    Last edited by nsisman; April 21, 2005, 03:33 PM.
    Neil
    Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Neil,
      Does the WeatherXML setup not work in Canada?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here is a list of cities in Canada that weather.com provides info for.

http://www.weather.com/common/drilld...ml?from=search
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Great script

This is exactly what I was looking for. I don't use VR, nor the web interface. Works great just by hitting a button on the remote and having the current temp and humdity announced.

I noticed in the script there is a variable for temphigh. Is this high temp forcasted for that day? If so, how would I get that value in the script? I tried to dump it out to the log and it appears to be blank...

Thanks again.

Comment

The temphigh that you are refering to is in the dim declorations only. It must be a rogue variable that was used in another script I was working on. Many times I will copy sections of the script to another if I can reuse the code.

Glad the script is working for you though.
            Last edited by johnwpb; May 3, 2005, 04:25 AM.
            www.JohnWPB.com
            Created with LCARS

Comment

WeatherXML works with spain cities?

Thanks

Comment

JP Weather not working for Poolesville

When I put in the information for Poolesville (Zip 20837), it says checking, but never provides the weather information. If I go to the site (http://www.rssweather.com/hw3.php?pands=20837&submit=GO) it is one of the cities listed. If I change the Zip to another city's zip listed it reports that cities weather info. If I change another cities zip to 20837, it stops after the retrieving comment. What could be wrong with my city?

Comment

This site is subject to being down a lot but I just tried it and it's working..
                  http://www.rssweather.com/hw3.php?pands=20837&submit=GO

Comment

I think Rupp is definately right here. The information is only as good as the source. Sometimes smallers towns and rural area's do not update the information as often as more populated area's. It even more seems the case of other area's are working correctly.

I am waiting for the day when one of the major weather services will offer XML/RSS weather information. This will eleviate the whole "screen scraping" that is required currently.
                    www.JohnWPB.com
                    Created with LCARS

Comment

John,
                      The weather channel provides a free XML feed that is very reliable. Jeff has written weatherXML to use this feed.

Comment

Speaking "DOT" before the day

Hello,

I am playing around with setting up this script in HS2 beta and is it working great. The only thing that seems alittle off is that TTS pronounces the "." before the day of the week as "DOT" when speaking. It is suppose to do this or is there a way to eliminate it from speaking the period?

Kinda sound funny.

Thanks in advance.

David

Comment

David,
                          You will need to remove the dot from the speak string to not hear it.

Comment

Thanks

Rupp,

Since I am a novice programmer at best I was not sure if that would mess up the code any, so I thought I would ask. Sorry for the elementary school level trainging..hehe

But it works not just fine.

Thanks again.

David

Comment

David,
                              We all start somewhere and sometime. Now is as good a time as any. Let us know if you have any problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X