Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woking now!

Steve,

I am not sure what I did (if anything!), but CID monitor is again working! I guess it was just another MS mystery anomoly! Oh, maybe the rebott did it?

Thanks again for a great peice of SW.

Richard Braddock

Comment

Rebooting...

If Microsoft made automobiles, you would have to reboot at each stoplight.

Comment

First off, thanks for the great application. Now to the bigger question. Does the speach work with HS 2? For me it doesn't but was wondering if it's my problem or the applications? When I get a call it plays the "ring" sound, but I get no indication in the HS log and no speech. If I switch to Windows DirectSS it speaks, but no logging or action in HS.

Thanks!

Comment

HS2? I don't know. I a'int VB.NET literate. No time in the forseeable future to migrate to HS2.

The program does speech using either SAPI, indepedent of HomeSeer, or HomeSeer (older) hs.xxx calls. I'd guess that the homeseer interface based on object.create isn't supported in HS2. I see no reason why the SAPI method would be affected by HS.

The incoming call log file is independent of HS. And there's a utility I uploaded which you can run as a CMD line call, to convert this .TXT file to HTML for viewing with a browser.

The logging and event triggers to HS, I assume, will work only if HS2 has some sort of backwards-compatible API. Perhaps it doesn't. But should.

Comment

Found the same thing

I also could not get CIDmonitor working with HS2 - it neither fires an event nor updates the variable. A quick look at the source seems to show it looking for a Homeseer window - this may not exist for HS2 which runs as a service and is accessed via web pages However, it doesn't seem to work even when I do have the Homeseer window open either.

Comment

does HS2 have the same hs.xxx object instantiation and methods/properties as the original?

Comment

This may be useful

THe HS2 help is at http://homeseer.com/updates2/WebHelp/homeseer.htm

Under

Contents| Homeseer Features | HomeSeer's Scheduler as an ActiveX Server or .NET Server

there appears to be info on how to call HS2 from external apps.

Comment

I did not find a way for a separate non-VB.NET application (e.g., an EXE written in VB6) to get a reference to the HomeSeer object. I see ways to do it in VB.NET.

In that I am VB.NET illiterate and uninformed, perhaps the grand plan in HS2 is to not have a means for doing so.

Comment

I'm seriously hoping it does Stevech. . .

Comment

Originally posted by tyke
                      create a manual event called CIDmonitorevent

run this script, look at the first part of the script and modify email addresses.

this script will email out the CID plus date and time. It will also store the last 5 CID in a user defined virtual device.
                      Hello Tyke / Steve.
                      I have been messing with the 'CIDmonitorEvent' event and Tykes script. All I want to do is send an e-mail containing the CID data AND, turn the volume up so the CID announcements are easier to hear over the TV etc.

I am using the HomeSeer 'hs.SetVolume 10,10,0' function within Tyke's script but it doesn't seem to work. The e-mail function does indeed work though so I know the script is running successfully.
                      Any ideas how I can adjust the volume up/down before the CID info is announced and after it is finished?

Thanks ya'll!

Comment

Sorry, I don't know how to adjust the sound card volume programmatically.

I have a sound card dedicated to talking Caller ID and it drives a speaker in the living room via an unused pair of phone wires in my home. A second speaker is in another room.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevech
                          Sorry, I don't know how to adjust the sound card volume programmatically.

I have a sound card dedicated to talking Caller ID and it drives a speaker in the living room via an unused pair of phone wires in my home. A second speaker is in another room.
                          Hello Steve, thank you for the response and the GREAT program.
                          What I was wondering is since the Caller ID Monitor program calls the CIDMonitorEvent, I presumed that I could just use the 'HS.SetVolume' function within the script to change the computer volume. I am wondering, how does the Caller ID Monitor program use the computer's sound card? If I manually change the computer's volume the CID program will speak at that volume. If I have a different script that speaks I can use the HS.SetVolume within that script just fine.
                          Maybe tyke or someone can chime in here with suggestions.

Either way, I really appreciate your application and applaud you for your sharing.

-Kevin

Comment

The program uses the sound card via either (1) the MS Windows SAPI system calls or (2) via homeseer hs.speak. You choose which way you want via a menu choice. It doesn't do anything to change the volume settings.

The caller ID event - I'd have to look at the code to see if it fires before or after the speaking begins. If you change the volume while speaking, I'd guess you might get a word or so at the undesired volume.

You might want to use a 2nd sound card or USB sound thingie for talking caller ID. My machine does no sound other than caller ID, since it's a dedicated home automation computer and I don't do music on it.

The source code to my program is uploaded, so feel free to tweak it.

Comment

Not my software, but here's another public domain caller ID program of note.
                              Uses a modem and TAPI for CID capture. Doesn't say it speaks.

http://sunflowerhead.com/software/yac/

Comment

Hi, I getting error when I try to Start (F5) CIDmonotor_Sources_v1_16

Also tried to test debug.print mid("This is a test",1,5) anywhere in the code with same error.

If I open a new project with the mid command there is no problem.
                                Why doesnt the mid command working in the CID Project?
                                Thanks...
                                Attached Files
                                Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                                --
                                Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                                X