This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing 1.7 IR config

Is there anyway to import the 1.7 IR configuration?

I hope so, that is going to be a real pain if I have to figure out every IR slot number for my different devices.

Move the irlib.cfg file from your old config folder to your new one.
    Don

Comment

Looks like HS2 uses a totally different config file. I looked at that first and did not think I could just copy my old file over. Looks like I was right. I copied the file and no magic happened.

The old stye seems to hold a line for each IR location. In the new config file, it looks like it does not matter what line the definition is on becuase the location number is saved with it.

Also, I tried guessing a the location numbers and when I add a device I get a message from HS that I need to learn the code before I can use it. Now, the learned code should allready be in the Ocelot. So, when I press test is it actually triggering the Ocelot IR or am I just guessing at the wrong location?

Comment

Which Ocelot plugin are you running and do you just use IR through the Ocelot or via a SECU16-IR?
        Jon

Comment

I'm using the 3rd party one. I'm also only using the Ocelot. I can switch plugin's if that would help. I don't think I really use any of the special functionality in it.

Comment

I thought that is what I did to pull mine over, but I could be wrong. I was under the impression that the Ocolot has the IR in it and HomeSeer just points to it. Hopefully, someone else will jump in here and help you out.

Originally posted by chadg
            Looks like HS2 uses a totally different config file. I looked at that first and did not think I could just copy my old file over. Looks like I was right. I copied the file and no magic happened.
            Don

Comment

I haven't tried it yet, as I'm still on 1.7, but...
              If you're using the ADIOcelot Plugin, it has the ability to import the ocelots system map (contained in a CMAX project file) to HomeSeer. But in order for it to work, you'll have to do, or have done, this:
              1. Run HS 1.7 and ADIOcelot, with all your IR commands defined.
              2. Use the ADIOcelot plugin, click the CMAX tab.
              3. If you've done this before, the entries under "CMAX files" should already be filled-in (see attached screenshot), if not you'll need to do so.
              3a. Fill in the path to where CMAX is, probably:
              C:\Program Files\ADI\ADICON2500\CPUXA.exe
              3b. Click the CMAX button, CMAX should launch.
              3c. Once CMAX starts, click Project - Save Project As, and enter a filename of your choice.
              3d. Close CMAX and return to the ADIOcelot plugin
              3e. Click in the Project File Path and browse to your newly saved project file.
              4. Since your project file is now defined, you'll want to import your HS devices to the Ocelot's system map.
              4a. Make sure "HomeSeer Master" is selected
              4b. Check all the boxes except messages
              4c. Click Synchronize
              4d. Now all your HS-defined IR, I/O, X10, and variables have been imported to CMAX, so if you later write a program in CMAX, it will be much more intuitive, and have HS device names rather than modules and points and such as CMAX does by default.
              5. Now you should have a copy of al lyour IR & other stuff in both HS and CMAX.
              6. Now close 1.7 and launch HS2
              7. Access the ADIOcelot plugin, the CMAX tab, and select "CMAX Master"
              8. Click synchronize.
              9. Hopefully this will restore your irconfig, worse-case scenario, it will recreate the old irconfig file, and you'll be no better off (I'm not sure of ADIOcelot accesses the old xml and config files directly, or does the importing to HomeSeer via another method. If it directly accesses the files, it won't work, if it does it through some sort of scripting or other methods, than it should work).
              If it does not work, then we need a few things:
              1. A way to import our old IR config files organically and seamlessly.. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL!!!
              2. For ADIOcelot to be updated to handle the import/export in HS2, since this is one of the main reasons I use ADIOcelot over the regular Ocelot plugin. This is not a must, but a REALLY nice to have!
              Attached Files
              John
              Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
              Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
              HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
              Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

John, I followed your instructions, but no good. The IR mappings were not loaded into HS2. Of course I didn't really understand what your steps would do for me. And I do not have an ir_max.exe anywhere (nor could I find it on the web). Not sure if that was required.

Here is what what is odd. From what I understand:

1) IR commands are learned and stored into slots in the Ocelot.
                2) HS simply has a mapping of a device/lable for each slot number
                3) When you call a HS IR command it looks up the mapping and calls the Ocelot slot number.

I must be misunderstanding something becuase when I load CMAX and have it send IR command in slot 49, it pauses my Tivo.

I created a new mapping in HS2 that is assigned to location 49. It warned me that I would have to learn the command. I ignored that warning and pressed send. Sure enough nothing happened.

Now, I know that it is the correct slot on the Ocelot because it works from CMAX. What is the deal with HS? Does it do nothing if it thinks there is no command? If so, this should be a bug. Or am I missunderstanding something here?

Comment

Working...
                X