Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could add a checkbox to force the device to be paired, but what is the bond is lost for any reason ? Homeseer might be running as a service, and the plugin cannot ask anything to the user on his own.

stipus
    Last edited by stipus; March 3, 2006, 03:06 PM.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Stiplus - Will the plugin find a device if the device is paired and being used by another device.

Example - Have BlueTooth Car Kit + BlueTooth Phone, when I park my car on the drive will the plugin see my car kit, or not until my phone is not using it?

Any update on when the download will be available again, have been meaning to try this for ages but have only just got round to it.

Thanks
      Lance

Comment

Lance,

Latest download is available attached to post #60.

If the device is in use by another device it should work, but you have to experiment with the settings (Poll Method).

- I don't think the ConnectService poll method would work, as the service is already in use. If your device provides several services (and is able to serve them simultaneously), it should work if you setup in the web configuration interface a service number to poll other than the service in use.

- The DiscoverService poll method should work, but again it depends on the polled device. Most of them can't do multiple things simultaneously, and if one service is in use, it's probable the device won't answer a Service Discovery packet.

- Your last chance is with the AutoDiscovery poll method. This one should work even if your device is in use. In your case, I think you should try this poll method first.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Originally posted by plfinch
          I didn't pair any of them. Just place the BT device in "find me" mode and tell the plug-in to search for devices.

Peter
          So did you have to leave the BT device as discoverable or only when when you first complete a scan for the item?

Comment

You need to set the device as discoverable for

- The initial scan from the web configuratio interface
            - The AutoDiscovery poll Method.

For your information, the problem I had with HomeSeer Technology regarding the updater commission has been solved (I could't do anything with checks drawn on a us bank), and I hope the plugin will be available very soon in the updater.
            --
            stipus

Comment

My BT plug-in turned into a pumpkin last night. I did not see a version in the updater. Did I miss a post with an extended beta?

Peter

Comment

I can also see the plugin did not appear yet in the updater.

Here is attached the version I posted to the updater. Copy all files without flattening the zip and you should get a 30-day trial period.

I'll make it available here until it's visible in the updater (shouldn't be long)

stipus
                Last edited by stipus; December 4, 2009, 07:10 PM.
                --
                stipus

Comment

Thank you! BT is up and running again.

Peter

Comment

Stipus, just bougt the plugin to support your cool plugin development. Have not tried it yet but I reason that whe need people to make plugins and this is my way to help.
                    Hope more thinking like me
                    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                    --
                    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hope more thinking like me
                      You are the man !!!!

Plugin developement is a new experience for me. I really don't know the amount of money I can make selling plugins... and developpement costs are quite high: server hardware, os licenses, dev tool licenses... and lots of taxes... As an example for the Bluetooth Connector, I need to sell 20 licenses, just to get back the price of the Bluetooth library I bought.

I have no idea about the number of plugin licenses that can be sold. I'll try to ask Oman (ACRF plugin) or Jim DooLittle (DooMotion) if they can give me a rough estimate on the number of plugins that could be sold per month or per year.

Customers like you encourage me to make more plugins...
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Is Microsoft & Widcomm stack hardware or driver depending.
                        Could I choose after I buy it?
                        I am not shure which BT device I should buy yet.
                        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                        --
                        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Tonlof,

I don't have much experience with many BT keys and I hope others can also answer your question.

From what I know:

- Microsoft Stack comes with XP Service Pack 2
                          - Most dongle come with an included software stack (Widcomm, bluesoleil... etc)

The plugin is only compatible with the Microsoft and the Widcomm stack.

It's better to use the Widcomm stack, as you get signal strength. In short, I would look for a BT dongle with an "Included Widcomm Bluetooth Software" label or sticker...

Best regards,
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

I am using the Linksys USBBT100 Bluetooth USB adapter. It easly covers the two floors above my basement where the HS server is located. I have no problems with this USB device either. It uses the Widcomm stack.

BTW Stipus I bought the plugin this morning. Good job on this plugin!

Comment

thank you.... and you didn't see the cool triangularisation features with the (free) plugin addon that will soon be available.

I tried 3 days ago with my HomeSeer server, 2 laptops, and 3 long range BT dongles (one at each corner of the house), and I can really approximate where I am in the house (It's not perfect but it works, and one of the three dongles was not as good reporting signal strengh than the 2 others... so there is room for improvement)!

Because of a problem with the HomeSeer Connect() API that has just changed in the latest versions, I have to wait until HS really releases a new HS version before releasing the addon. (And also because the configuration interface for the addon is not ready).

But you will see that's really fun !

I also hope the Bluetooth Lib I bought to make this plugin will soon support multiple dongles on one computer... everything is ready in the plugin... that's just the BluetoothNetworks array I get from the lib that always return only the first dongle.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Examples, boolean

Stipus, thank you for your work! I currently trying this on my Win SBS with a longerange BT adapter, and I should guess very wrong if you do not recieve a payment from Denmark shortly;-)

Could you give a screen dump of the boolean setup on a Widcomm stack?
                                I'm having problems understanding the explenation in the HS interface.

I also would like, the let the staus of the device be the value of the signal strength - could you give a hint?

Regards,

Mav

Comment

Working...
                                X