X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rupp
    At the bottom of John's page was this:
    (C) 2006 Fuda Family Homepage
    Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.
    Design by Mamboteam.com!

So that would be a good place to start.
    Ya I know, In fact I had spoken with john and He had informed me of that however when I went to joomla's site it just made my head spin. I guess I was looking for other options which is more of a beginner orientated format.

I guess I need to sit down and really read through the content, It more then likely is beginner orientated.

Comment

Web Pages

I have seen a lot of great looking web pages, using stuff that is on the touch pad. I have been using a lot of the scripts and have stuff running great. Well of course always checking every day for something new. But, I have use the homeseer web ring and seen a lot of great web pages. I would like to start doing something like this, but I have no idea of where to start. Is there a good program to get to start designing my web page for homeseer?
      I also have been wanting to design a interactive phone service. When someone calls, I want it to say "If you would like to leave a message for Dan please say Dan now, if you would like to leave a message for Tina please say Tina now" I thought that would be cool.
      There is a lot I know that can be done, I just do not know how to start or who to ask for help. It would be a good business for someone to start designing stuff like this for us nuts that like all the new stuff, but just dont know a lot on how to use it.
      Thanks for any help.
      Dan
      danielbo

Comment

newbie question....lets say you have the computer reading you the news....is there a way to interupt it and stop it?

Comment

Originally posted by killervette
          newbie question....lets say you have the computer reading you the news....is there a way to interrupt it and stop it?
          You know. This is an excellent question and one I do not know the answer to. There's are a couple of plugins that can control all speech output one is named IsSpeaking and the other is SpeakEasy. These will allow you to queue up speech phrases and speak them based on priority. I wonder if either of these has the ability to halt speech.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
            You know. This is an excellent question and one I do not know the answer to. There's are a couple of plugins that can control all speech output one is named IsSpeaking and the other is SpeakEasy. These will allow you to queue up speech phrases and speak them based on priority. I wonder if either of these has the ability to halt speech.
            can you explain or give a link to describe these plugins...for example what would i use them for? speech is built into hs

Comment

newbie question....lets say you have the computer reading you the news....is there a way to interupt it and stop it?
              I too would be very interested in this...

For example..

Currently when i have Chimes playing... and a phone call comes in.. the CID announce comes over on top of the chimes..

Chimes are .wav
              CID is TTS

Both play through speaker app.

I haven't played with isspeaking or speakeasy yet.. but i'm not sure it would do the trick.. .. Would it halt the chimes... speak CID... resume chimes? (example.. top of hour.. i play the full Westminster chime.. then gong the hours ..(one gong looped the number of hours) <ONE Hours x looped file wav>. at noon this probably takes 15 seconds from start to finish?)

More likely.. i think it would finish whatever wav file is playing... then the queued CID.. then resume with the next chime file.. This would delay the CID by around 10 seconds (at top of hour) if the call came in 1 second after the top of the hour..

By that time.. i'm probably picking up the phone..

How do other folks do this?

Thanks

Andrew
              Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Andrew,
                I believe this is exactly what these packages were designed to do.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Laldaas, I know where you're coming from. It seems like I was afloat for some time. This message board was just great. Now, the thing talks to me all day long. Here's a script I like. It's good for showing your friends.

Put this in your scripts directory. Create an event that's voice triggered to "Never Mind" and run this script (nevermind.txt).

When you say "Computer" and it says "Yes sir?", if you then say "Never Mind", it'll come back with a crack.

Very simple script but it might help.

John
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank You

Laldaas,

I have been reading your posts with great interest. You have asked a lot of the same questions I wanted to know and you seem to be getting along nicely with HomeSeer.

I would love to hear an update form you to know where you are now with your automation project - Or do I assume that because you haven't posted in here for a while that your girl friend has thrown your pc out the window from frustration?

Anyways, I am about to embark on the home automation scene and I just wanted to say thanks for your thread - I will be refering back to it often I think!!

Cheers,
                    MOZ

Comment

Originally posted by nikez2k4 View Post
                      Laldaas,

I have been reading your posts with great interest. You have asked a lot of the same questions I wanted to know and you seem to be getting along nicely with HomeSeer.

I would love to hear an update form you to know where you are now with your automation project - Or do I assume that because you haven't posted in here for a while that your girl friend has thrown your pc out the window from frustration?

Anyways, I am about to embark on the home automation scene and I just wanted to say thanks for your thread - I will be refering back to it often I think!!

Cheers,
                      MOZ
                      Well hello, I have returned :] I was away for a long while. Life has takin many of turns since my last post.

Update:

I left a job to start a new ( better ) one. I left the old one because my girl said she would not marry me until I was working less hours. I said ok, I quit!

It was quite an adjustment it took nearly 8+ months to get back into a routine who would have thunk it

The I purposed and she said yes!

Shortly after the engagement we purchased our first home Can you belive I was trying to automate an apartment when now I can do a whole house!

For the record the wife will go out the window before my PC

I am back on the scene ladies and gents what have I missed?

Comment

Originally posted by Laldaas View Post
                        ................I am back on the scene ladies and gents what have I missed?
                        Moz's question immediately above your post, perhaps.
                        sigpic
                        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Cogs are you refering to the New HomeSeer Online Tutorials I just briefly look them over and they look terriffic!

I wish the tutorials were around when I made the homeseer discovery.

The tutorial will make for an excellent crash course I have been away for some time and ready to get back into it. As of today I am pretty much starting from scratch again not that I ever had that much functioning to begin with any who

Comment

Ah I see said the blind man, sorry Gogs a little slow tonight.

Comment

Cogs
                              Erm, if you mean Gogs, I know I can be a cog in the wheel at times, but.
                              are you refering to the New HomeSeer Online Tutorials I just briefly look them over and they look terriffic!........
                              Nope I was not. I was reffereing to this.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by nikez2k4
                              Laldaas,

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                              sigpic
                              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Ah I see said the blind man, sorry Gogs a little slow tonight.
                                Erm, how did you manage to get your reply to my post posted before I had made the post which you replied to?

I would hardly call that being slow.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X