Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error if an ASP.NET page is requested during HomeSeer initialisation

Hi,

If an ASP.NET page which is provided by a plug-in is requested during the initialisation of HomeSeer then one or more "object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors appear in the HS log as shown in the following extract:

01/03/2008 19:19:47 - Info - Local IP address is: 192.168.0.9/24
    01/03/2008 19:19:47 - Info - Web Server started on port 80
    01/03/2008 19:19:47 - Info - Creating ASP.NET application host...
    01/03/2008 19:19:48 - Error - Processing ASP.NET page: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    01/03/2008 19:19:50 - Info - ASP.NET application host created

This seems to be an issue with HomeSeer and occurs before the page code is called and so I cannot handle this situation in the page_load code.
    The error does not seem to have any actual impact on anything but will concern users of my plug-in. The plug-in page will be called regularly by a related application so this error will be seen almost every time HomeSeer is started.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? And does anyone have any ides for solutions?
    If not I will raise this as an issue with HS and ask them to hide this error message.

Regards,
    George

This problem has been around for a long time. You cannot use a aspx home page either due to the same issue. Best report it again.
    Jon

Comment

I have the same problem with an .aspx page I use.

Let me know if you find an answer.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Working...
      X