No announcement yet.

Sprinkler Control Package Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just upgraded to 3.8, I had been running a few releases prior.
    I edited a couple of my schedules and whenever I do I get the following error and I can no longer get the schedule list.
    Just wondering if I may be doing something wrong, any assistance would be appreciated. The only way I can seem to recover is to load the default database and start over.

Thanks;

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.

Source Error:

Line 202: <Headerstyle width="60" wrap="true" />
    Line 203: <ItemTemplate>
    Line 204: <asp:Label ID="last_time" runat="server" Text='<%# GetLastRun(Eval("EventName")) %>' />
    Line 205: </ItemTemplate>
    Line 206: <ItemStyle Wrap="True" Width="60" />

Source File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\SprinklerEdit.aspx Line: 204

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.]
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToString( Object Value) +809
    ASP.sprinkleredit_aspx.__DataBinding__control51(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\SprinklerEdit.aspx:204
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +73
    System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +139
    System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +15
    System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +205
    System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +149
    System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +205
    System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +149
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.CreateRow(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 dataSourceIndex, DataControlRowType rowType, DataControlRowState rowState, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem, DataControlField[] fields, TableRowCollection rows, PagedDataSource pagedDataSource) +156
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.CreateChildControls(IEnum erable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding) +2433
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformD ataBinding(IEnumerable data) +58
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.PerformDataBinding(IEnume rable data) +15
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewS electCallback(IEnumerable data) +104
    System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArgument s arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +27
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +133
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +71
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +5
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBou nd() +61
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateCh ildControls() +70
    System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +97
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +53
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +180
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3873

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Comment

Yikes! I'm not sure what could be causing this. Let's connect via email: snevl at msn dot com. I'll work with you to get this working without a start-over.

Steve

Comment

Hey Steve, a request to ponder. Is it possible to have the sprinkler schedule events run the rain check right before they run? Its not common, but there are times that enough rain has fallen at schedule runtime, but the 4 hour check event hasn't caught it yet.

I've added the check to the front of sprinkler events, but every time I update the associated sprinkler schedule the package rewrites the events and I lose the change... which makes sense.

Its not a biggie, but if its easy to do it would be a nice to have.
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
          Hey Steve, a request to ponder. Is it possible to have the sprinkler schedule events run the rain check right before they run? Its not common, but there are times that enough rain has fallen at schedule runtime, but the 4 hour check event hasn't caught it yet.

I've added the check to the front of sprinkler events, but every time I update the associated sprinkler schedule the package rewrites the events and I lose the change... which makes sense.

Its not a biggie, but if its easy to do it would be a nice to have.
          Hmmm... Let me take a look at it. Seems like it would be easy enough to do, although the timing may be a bit difficult.

Steve

Comment

Any chance of this being updated to work with HS3? It doesn't appear to work:

Server Error in '/' Application.
            Method not found: 'Boolean Scheduler.hsapplication.IsOn(System.String)'.
            Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean Scheduler.hsapplication.IsOn(System.String)'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean Scheduler.hsapplication.IsOn(System.String)'.]
            _Snevl_Sprinkler_Edit.SetTopButtons() +0
            _Snevl_Sprinkler_Edit.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2864
            System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +61
            System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
            System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2641

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18408

Comment

Brett,

I don't have HS3, and no current plans to go to HS3. Although there certainly is some chance that I may eventually move to HS3, it is probably less than 50% at this point, and not likely at all for many months. I don't think HS3 will be worth the trouble for me, and I don't have time for the frustration.

They've broken lots of things that this package used, and so it certainly won't work and may be a fair amount of trouble to port over.

Steve

Comment

Steve -

I just installed your sprinkler control package and wanted to say "thanks" for the terrific work.

Wow, I was expecting something a little less sophisticated, but instead it does everything I need and much more.

I'm grateful for the slick way to control my sprinklers !

Shawn

Comment

I agree! I used it all season last year. Steve is currently helping me to add a new feature or two. I have a few months before it'll be brought back in service.

I am looking forward to using it this coming season as well.

It is very nice!

Comment

Hi steve, I wanted to change the schedule I had running since I installed your program working perfectly but then when I selected the edit buttom I got this, What can I do to fix this???
                    Attached Files
                    Hector
                    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                      Hi steve, I wanted to change the schedule I had running since I installed your program working perfectly but then when I selected the edit buttom I got this, What can I do to fix this???
                      That error means that your Sprinkler database got messed up. In this case, it looks like you did something to one of the events that the Sprinkler script creates. I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Could you send me your database, and maybe a screen shot of the events in the Sprinkler group? My email is snevl at msn dot com.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                        That error means that your Sprinkler database got messed up. In this case, it looks like you did something to one of the events that the Sprinkler script creates. I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Could you send me your database, and maybe a screen shot of the events in the Sprinkler group? My email is snevl at msn dot com.

Steve
                        I can't send you a screen shot because when I want to go in, that error message pop up. Where do I find the database?
                        Hector
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                          I can't send you a screen shot because when I want to go in, that error message pop up. Where do I find the database?
                          Hector,

I'm talking about the HS2 Events page, not the sprinkler page.

The database is in data\Snevl\ and the file name is Sprinklers.mdb

Steve

Comment

-Skybolt

Comment

Are you thinking water earlier than scheduled because of the temperature? Since my stuff is a script and not a plug-in, I'm not sure there is an easy way to do that. It only looks at conditions (e.g. the rain delay) when the event to run a schedule is triggered.

I will look at it when I get home, but right now I'm on vacation with the family for the next couple of weeks. I'll be home somewhere around 11-July.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                                ... I will look at it when I get home, but right now I'm on vacation with the family for the next couple of weeks. I'll be home somewhere around 11-July.

Steve
                                Enjoy your vacation Steve, I'll talk to you then.
                                -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                                X