Sprinkler Control Package Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprinkler Control Package Discussion

This is the thread to post any comments about the sprinkler control package I posted here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...263#post814263

Steve

How about a screenshot?
    John

Comment

Umm... Well, OK. I'm not sure how it will show up here, but here ya go.

Here's the main sprinkler edit / setup page:

And here's the log page:

Steve

Comment

Nice

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for posting the script, I've been wanting an easy and quick way just to manage my sprinklers. Now for the down side of posting scripts... I thought I set it up correctly, but I'm getting the following error when the run time executes:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>3/31/2008 3:08:00 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>NewTimeEvent, event name contains illegal characters and has been changed from Sprinkler start - $1 to Sprinkler start - 1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I may have set it up incorrectly or is the "$" in the device code causing issues??? I only have 7 zones, $1-$7 so it should be an easy setup...

Thanks again!

-John

Comment

John,
            I guess you count as an "early adopter" heh? Sorry for the problem. I guess I hadn't thought of the fact that a character could be legal as the house code for a device, and not be legal for an event name. I'll get a fix posted in a few.
            Steve

Comment

John,

If you wouldn't mind trying this out, please just replace the existing file in your scripts directory with this one. Let me know if it works.

If it seems to work for you, I'll incorporate it into a new release and replace the post in the library.

I haven't heard from anyone else yet. If there are other things that could or should change, it would be good to hear about it.

Steve

EDIT: I'm going to be out of town for a few days, and don't want to leave everyone hanging. I've posted a new release in the library thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=127508
              Last edited by stevea; April 2, 2008, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I've made some changes to the main edit web page (SprinklerEdit.aspx) to clean up deleting sprinkler schedules:
                1. A pop-up confirmation to make sure you *REALLY* want to delete the schedule (mainly for me - I accidentally deleted my main schedule )
                2. Deletion from the sprinkler event database (wasn't doing that before)
                3. Clean-up of remaining HS events when a sprinkler event is deleted. As it was, the events got kinda out of whack.
                I don't actually know if anyone has looked much at the package (may be a little early for sprinklers in much of the country). I wait for a few weeks and see if there are any other comments here that might need some other modifications.

Steve

Comment

tried it and can't get it to work. does not seem to work with devices "^1" ?

I manually ran and event and nothing happened. Can't change the address code as these are assigned automatically via the rain8net plugin. Also of not is i'm running HSPRO so i had to global replace file location in aspx pages to /Homeseer PRO/.... anywhere else that this needs to be done?

Database does not seem to have anything in it. size remains 208KB

Comment

Are you using the latest version? The original version used the device name in the event titles, which doesn't work for special characters in the house code. I posted a new one last month. If you are using the latest and it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll take a look at it.

I'll have to go in and look at the way I determine paths. I should have been using GetAppPath, so you wouldn't need to change the paths in the ASPX. I'll have to fix that.

I'm at work right now, but I'll take a look at it this evening.

Steve

P.S. Are you getting an error in the HS log of some kind? Anything you can give me about details of the error would help.

Comment

Kevin,

I fixed the database path in the ASPX, so you shouldn't have to deal with that again. I'll upload it once we know if your problem is due to using v1.1 instead of the posted v1.2.

I tested my current version using devices ^15 and ^16 and it seems to work fine. Let me know if you are using v1.2. If you download the that version and it still doesn't work for you please let me know.

Steve

Comment

Thanks

I downloaded it this morning from

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...263#post814263

Will try the new one you posted.

Comment

Yikes. If you downloaded it this morning then that version (v1.2) should have already fixed the problem with the special characters in the house code.

I just uploaded v1.3. It fixes the hard-coded database path, and a couple of other things.

If this continues to be a problem, please give me some details on the error. Is there something in the log?

Steve

Comment

I receiving this error

Server Error in '/' Application.
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compilation Error
                            Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'Belikov.GenuineChannels.GenuineTcp.GenuineTcpChannel' is not defined.

Source Error:

Line 10: Try
                            Line 11: Dim props As IDictionary = New Hashtable
                            Line 12: Dim channel As Belikov.GenuineChannels.GenuineTcp.GenuineTcpChannel = New Belikov.GenuineChannels.GenuineTcp.GenuineTcpChannel(props, Nothing, Nothing)
                            Line 13:
                            Line 14: System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterCha nnel(channel, False)

Source File: c:\program files\homeseer 2\html\global.asax Line: 12

Comment

Originally posted by kdlklm View Post
                              I receiving this error

Server Error in '/' Application.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compilation Error
                              Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'Belikov.GenuineChannels.GenuineTcp.GenuineTcpChannel' is not defined.

Source Error:

Line 10: Try
                              Line 11: Dim props As IDictionary = New Hashtable
                              Line 12: Dim channel As Belikov.GenuineChannels.GenuineTcp.GenuineTcpChannel = New Belikov.GenuineChannels.GenuineTcp.GenuineTcpChannel(props, Nothing, Nothing)
                              Line 13:
                              Line 14: System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterCha nnel(channel, False)

Source File: c:\program files\homeseer 2\html\global.asax Line: 12
                              Hmmm... None of that is from my package. I don't know what global.asax is (there isn't one in my HTML directory), and all the "Belikov" errors are for a package I have never even heard of. Are you sure this was for this package?

STeve

Comment

Working...
                              X