This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Troller not responding

Some versions of the Z-Troller firmware support 2 baud rates, 115,200 and 9600 baud. The change is done by pressing the buttons. Its possible to accidently get the unit into the wrong baud rate. The HomeSeer software only supports the 115,200 baudrate. If your Z-Troller is not responding to the software, check the baudrate at the Z-Troller. To do this press and hold both buttons and "baud" is displayed. When you release it, it will switch to the other baudrate and display the current baud rate. If it displays 115.2, you were in 9600 mode and you are now in 115,200 mode and the unit should work. If it displays 9600, you were in the correct 115,200 mode and are now in 9600. Hold the buttons down again to switch to 115,200 mode.

Each time you press and hold both buttons it will toggle to the other baudrate.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Interesting... you do not know which versions of the firmware?

Could you at least verify if the latest two versions have this feature or not... 1.12 or 1.15?
    Last edited by megatron2; October 21, 2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to update this sticky with info from another thread: with the latest 1.16 firmware (which is not available in the downloads page), but which I got with my new Z-Troller that shipped last week, the ability to switch bauds was removed. Before I found the other thread, I kept on trying to see what baud my Z-Troller was using.

Comment

Is this for Home Troller Zee too?
        danielbo

Comment

Dead Z-Troller

My Z-Troller is totally dead. No lights, no response when plugged in or on batteries. Is it worth sending in to get it repaired?

Comment

Originally posted by meboxster View Post
            My Z-Troller is totally dead. No lights, no response when plugged in or on batteries. Is it worth sending in to get it repaired?
            I would put in a help desk request on this and ask as they aren't making these any longer and the replacement is a few months away.

Comment

Dead Z-Troller

Thanks Rupp. Help ticket submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by meboxster View Post
                Thanks Rupp. Help ticket submitted.
                Did you put in a Bugzilla ticket or help desk ticket? It needs to be a help desk ticket.

Comment

I thought I put in a help ticket!

Comment

Working...
                  X