Radio Shack IP Cams for $25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Iris?

Called the next town with an RS and they had 2 at $25. So I spent the hour (round trip) to get them. The upgrade utility kept blue screening my old Dell (XP) notebook, but it went smoothly on my HS backup hardware.

Has anyone add this camera to Blue Iris?

And I really appreciate Pete letting us know about this and providing great instructions.

Thanks,
    Barry

Comment

Pete, thanks for the information. I found a "fing" free download on Cnet. I also decided to limit the scope of my assigned IPs to 10 numbers. So I went through the 10 numbers and was still not able to connect. So I removed power to the camera and restarted it. I found it a X.X.X.101.

I have used ipconfig to determine my computers addresses.
      The one-line program you provided is very clever!

Thanks
      Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Pete and all, thank you for the great instructions, they were flawless. I had installed and configured it in 5 minutes.
        I'm trying to setup it so I can see the camera from HSTouch, could you please guide me thru it? Do I need a special plugin for it?

Thanks again,
        Aldo

Comment

i tried 3 radio shacks and each one the salespersons looked at me like i had 2 heads when i asked if they had any ip cams.

Comment

Paint an image on your screen from the others tab

In the properties...

Set the ImageURLNormal to URL as show below
            Set the IsVideo to TRUE
            Set the IsVideoRefreshRate to 0 for maximum frame rate

Here is the format for the URL...

Code:
            http://user:password@ip_addr/img/snapshot.cgi[?size=value][&quality=value]
            Size
            1=160x128
            2=320x240
            3=640x480

Quality
            1=very low
            2=low
            3=normal
            4=high
            5=very high
            Last edited by tpchristian; March 5, 2011, 10:19 PM. Reason: fixed typo
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by redthebartender View Post
              i tried 3 radio shacks and each one the salespersons looked at me like i had 2 heads when i asked if they had any ip cams.
              Just ask them where their Schlage security stuff is.
              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
              Web Site
              YouTube Channel

Comment

For HSTouch its basically either the single picture link or streaming video link in a text box. No special plugin is required.

Here's a link to a snapshot of using HSTouchDesigner with the Radio Shack link. I kept it simple such that it would fit on the screen grab.
                Odd thing is that I do have an admin password and its working using the word password as a password. Note that the camera is in a window with a screen to the outside of it. Note that I didn't "IsVideoRefreshRate to 0"; because it was a quick copy of another video. Follow TPChristian's suggestions for your configuration.

For events in HS I utilize Netcam in a similar manner having HS doing snapshots based on IR motion or switched events. IE: A package delivery in HS world is a series of a few events/snapshots with tracks the delivery person from their truck to the front door. Netcam is a plugin which you can utilize with snapshot events. You can also do a similiar thing manually.

ZM stream is working fine though right now except having 8 analogue and 4 IP cams is dinging the CPU utilization (between 95-99% now).
                Last edited by Pete; March 5, 2011, 06:17 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Some sales representatives don't really know what an IP Camera is. Just have them look up the part number on their computer.

The part number is: 6100226. This is real stock in the store and it'll reflect what they have not sold yet. They can see stock in other stores too.

Noticed too that one manager said he would not hold anything for me as that was his store policy (first time). Historically the RS managers have held "stuff" for me with no issues.
                  Last edited by Pete; March 5, 2011, 07:59 PM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                    Called the next town with an RS and they had 2 at $25. So I spent the hour (round trip) to get them. The upgrade utility kept blue screening my old Dell (XP) notebook, but it went smoothly on my HS backup hardware.

Has anyone add this camera to Blue Iris?

And I really appreciate Pete letting us know about this and providing great instructions.

Thanks,
                    Barry
                    I got working in blue iris. Under the video tab, use network IP. Configure as mjpeg stream. Put in your IP. Path should be /img/mjpeg.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Some sales representatives don't really know what an IP Camera is. Just have them look up the part number on their computer.

The part number is: 6100226. This is real stock in the store and it'll reflect what they have not sold yet. They can see stock in other stores too.

Noticed too that one manager said he would not hold anything for me as that was his store policy (first time). Historically the RS managers have held "stuff" for me with no issues.
                      The first RS that I tried was funny. I asked the guy where these were. He took me over there and there were none left. He said, "Yeah, they were pretty popular when the price dropped". He went on to say, "I picked up one, and my manager picked up the other one". He probably didn't even need to take me over there because he knew they bought them all.
                      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

Anyone got the firmware for the wireless ones?

The instructions posted up on page 1 worked like a champ, THANK YOU!!

Now to integrate with HomeSeer!
                        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I think it may be the same. Here is the link to the site...

http://www.northq.com/products/network/nq9006_i.html

I don't see a separate page or separate link to firmware. I know you'd rather have something more confident, but I only have the wired version so didn't try it myself.
                          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                          Web Site
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

Not able to add these to HS... I just copy and past the URL and I get a RED "X" on the Netcams page in HS WebGui.

Thoughts?

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

What is the URL that you used? If you have the video locked down did you put a username and password in the URL?
                              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                              Web Site
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

for right now, I have the user access off and the address I used was:

http://192.168.x.x:8041/img/main.cgi?next_file=main.htm

and

http://192.168.x.x/img/main.cgi?next_file=main.htm

http://192.168.x.x

None worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X