This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compile error message on startup w/local client

When I start up Homeseer and the local script client starts up I get the following error message in the client and Homeseer log:

1:11:49 AM Connected to HomeSeer - Client Name=HA-X10-2
    1:11:49 AM Executing script:
    1:11:49 AM Compile Error : Scripts\ : Scripts\ does not exist !

Any idea what script is it trying to run that it can't find?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

You may have a HomeSeer event that uses the Script Client to run a script ... but it looks like the script name parameter is empty.

If so, you should be able to determine the event from the HS Event page.
    --
    stipus

Comment

I do not have any events that are called during Homeseer's startup. All events I do have that use script connector all are pointing to an legitimate/existing script files.
      Is there a script that is automatically run whenever hsscript.exe is started?
      In my startup.txt file I check to see if hsscript.exe is running and if it isn't I start it up.
      I checked and I only get this error message when hsscript is started during Homeseer's startup. If I shut down Homeseer but don't shut down hsscript.exe, when Homeseer is re-started I do not get the error message.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

It looks like there is a blank argument sent to HsScript.exe when you start it from startup.txt

What is your code in startup.txt to check if HsScript is running, and launch it ?
        --
        stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
          It looks like there is a blank argument sent to HsScript.exe when you start it from startup.txt

What is your code in startup.txt to check if HsScript is running, and launch it ?
          if not hs.IsApplicationRunning("HsScript.exe") then hs.launch "c:\Program Files\Homeseer 2\HsScript.exe "
          Dick

Comment

Can you remove the space before the last double-quote ?
            --
            stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
              Can you remove the space before the last double-quote ?
              That must have been it. It starts up w/o an error now.

Thanks!!
              Dick

Comment

Working...
              X