Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, missed that.

I've got it going now.

I have my home network split up into several subnets:

LAN is on 192.168.0.0
    WLAN is on 192.168.100.0
    IPCAMs on 192.168.2.0
    all with subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Is there a way to configure to scan multiple subnets other than using the Network Intrusion script? Id like all devices on all three subnets to show up on the aspx page.

I tried reconfiguring my Hometroller network card to 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 hoping your script would scan all those subnets, but no luck.

edit:

I added the other devices on the other subnets individually.
    Last edited by prsmith777; January 25, 2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Yes, I had to make a compromise with the aspx page, otherwise scanning all possible ranges would have taken an eternity.

As you discovered, you can add them manually.
      Jon

Comment

Jon,

yeah, something strange is going on, on my network. I'll have to troubleshoot.

If I am streaming a movie from the server. Pause the movie, wait ~1 minute, it seems that Windows forgets this and drops out. That is, to resume the movie I have to stop it, RE-open the network drive...which takes a while since it seems it's re-authenticating, etc. After 30 seconds, navigate back to the folder and restart the movie.

I think it's something to do with the virtual machines I have running. When I can, I'll turn them off and re-test.

Thanks for all your help and guidance!

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Ok,

Narrowed down my issues to 2 things:
          *Network strangness
          was definatly the Virtual Machine. The network configuration I used was not a recomended one, and that goofed things up pretty well (at least from the standpoint of contacting the server).
          PLUS, recently, either windows updates, or something with Win7 "Saw" a new network and changed from being "Home" to "Public". As soon as that happened, that really messed up a LOT of stuff. This same thing happened to ALL Win7 machines in my house.

**Connection issues with the client
          resolved this by using a smarter function to talk to the clients. Basically, after checking with some tools, Basically, the UDP packets that popping out are being tossed out somewhere between the server and the clients. This is normal for UDP (I work with Sattelite communications and UDP is used a LOT). On a REALLY simple home network UDP is lightening fast and reliable. On a complicated network (multiple hubs, routers, etc.) they can get...lost if there are not enough "HOPS" provided in the packet.

So, I just did this:

Code:
          Private Function sendCommand(ByVal parm as object)
             Dim myCommandResult = "N/A"
             Dim z

myCommandResult = "N/A"
             ' might hav to adjust this count if necessary
             for z = 0 to 10
                if(myCommandResult = "N/A") then
                   myCommandResult=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm) 
                end if
                z = z + 1
             next
             Return myCommandResult

End Function
          Decided, looping 10 times is good...I originally looped forever...BUT that would be bad if the machine was down. So, I wanted it to give up after a while. I guess I could have added a loop forever IF the machine was sensed online...but that FORCED users to have both the network discovery thing running and this...AND the network discovery had to run enough that it timed out the device. So, I though 11 tries, why not?

so, now all my commands look like this:
          result = sendCommand(parm & "||checkprocess||vlc")

If there is something that I am firing using the DIM/Bright buttons (i.e. they are already going to flood the network), I just call them as they are, not using the sendCommand function (as it makes HS go wonky with too much traffic going on).

Now using that sendCommand function, I can have commands listed one after another, AND I get to have the speed that the new command process provides.

Can you PLEASE pass this on to the other user that you mentioned?

--Dan
          Last edited by drozwood90; January 30, 2012, 08:36 AM. Reason: UDO != UPD ... DOH!
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Hi Dan,

Funny thing but I was going to suggest something similar (checking for N/A) if you had not resolved this!

I'll pass on your comments.
            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Finally got around to updating this evening. Unfortunately I overwrote my config file so started from scratch (had it all working lovely!)

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              I would suggest you upgrade to the latest version. For one, it is much faster. I think you will like the new features too!
              Not sure what's happening but the single device I've added is showing as down. Its the actual PC HomeSeer is installed on.

Latest Download from your server this evening

The IP is ping'able

The Script runs fine

01/02/2012 20:42:25 - Event - Running script in background: Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("network","")
              Here's my config

[Settings]
              Logging=1
              WOLPortNumber=7
              PingCount=2
              AutoMAC=1
              ShowIPAddress=1
              ShowPingTimes=0
              ShowLastUpdated=0
              ShowOnOffLine=0
              ShowLastOnOff=0
              PingTextTO=timed out
              PingTextUR=unreachable
              ClientIconup=
              ClientIcondown=

[Device1]
              Housecode=N1
              Name=Office PC
              Type=Workstation
              IPAddress="192.168.0.17"
              MACAddress="xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx"
              Log=0
              Pagecheckstring=
              HostRes=1
              Port=8001
              PingTimeout=250
              VDButtons=1,2,3,4,5,+11,6,7,8,+9,10
              Iconset=31
              UseClient=0
              ClientLog=0
              ClientHousecode=
              ClientPort=8001
              ClientVDButtons=2,3,4,5,+11,6,7,8,+9,10

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Change:

Port=8001

To

Port=

BTW, have you tried to config the package via the web interface? It's easier to spot this type of thing!
                Jon

Comment

aaargh! I must have read that a thousand times this evening ....... Working now

Just adding the rest via the config page, making it a breeze with only another 15 devices to go.

This is a great plugin, big thank you

Change:

Port=8001

To

Port=

BTW, have you tried to config the package via the web interface? It's easier to spot this type of thing!

Comment

Good stuff!

This continues to be the most popular download on my site ATM!
                    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon

I have just downloaded this and installed it and so far, I am impressed.

Thanks!

I have one wee niggle, in that, if I am in the Jon00RCCNM page, and do a submit to start editing, then if you refresh the page, you get multiple devices with the same IP address! - see screen shot.

Thoughts?

Very sorry if this is already in the 24 pages of replies....

David
                      Attached Files
                      ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

How are you refreshing the page? If via the browser, you continue to submit the same data again. Please use the refresh button above the table.
                        Jon

Comment

How are you refreshing the page? If via the browser, you continue to submit the same data again. Please use the refresh button above the table.
                          Hi, yes, I did.... by accident and low and behold.

Never mind, a quick edit of the ini and I am back to where I want to be.

Another question - is there somewhere in the INI I can set the default location 1 and 2 fields?

Is there any issue if I edit these through HS rather than INI or elsewhere?

David
                          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Yes you can.

Under each [DeviceX] entry add:

Location=
                            Location2=

Remember that you could have easily deleted the last line by checking the tick box under column marked X and pressing submit.

I'll rectify the refresh issue with the next version.
                            Last edited by jon00; February 2, 2012, 06:17 PM.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                              Jon,

was playing around with this more and more.

Love how fast it is.

I"ve noticed I'm getting a LOT of these now:
                              Jon00_RCCNM [Device1] Cannot connect to client on port 8000

Everytime I see this, whatever I've got scripted does not get executed. Any idea?

--Dan
                              Dan,

I've been playing with the code and think I have significantly improved the connection issues. I now cannot get it to fail!

I'll post an updated version for you to try tomorrow. Only the main scripts will need replacing.
                              Jon

Comment

Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X