Discrete IR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discrete IR

Just a general comment, but having just got a new TV since my old one decided to die, I cant believe how long I have been missing out on Discrete IR codes!!!

The comparison between Normal IR (e.g. Power Toggle, Input Toggle) and Discrete IR codes to just turn the TV On, or OFF is fantastic, I wish all devices came with Discrete IR codes!!!

To put it in perspective with my TV, I just sent the Power ON Discrete IR code (and if the TV is on, then it stays on), then if I want to watch XBMC I send a HDMI IR code, and if the TV is on HDMI then it just stays on that.

Having just mounted and set up my no-name projector, I have to say it has been harder. I had to end up setting up virtual devices to track the source, and the power status of the device, so even though I am tracking the source and status, since it only has power toggle it is still possible to have it off, and send a signal to turn it on and have the signal missed. The same (but amplified) with the source, since there is no discrete IR selection I literally have to send the source signal, go up or down 4 or 5 steps to get to the appropriate source, then hit the OK button, if this does get out of Sync then it becomes a pain to fix (and low on the WAF).
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

I too found them a life saver, trying to work out how many toggle IR commands to set to get to the desired input or whatever was getting a bit tedious. I did not find any for my specific TV however commands for a similar model worked just fine. Getting them into the USB-UIRT was another matter though!

Comment

Discrete IR codes are certainly that way to go. More and more of the AV equipment out there now support discrete IR codes which makes them more appealing for Pro AV applications where some sort of automation system, such as Crestron or AMX, will control it.

I went looking high and low for discrete power and input select codes for my Samsung TV. Found the power codes but not the input select codes until I got to looking at the designer program for a "Universal Remote Control" brand universal remote that I have. Low and behold, all of the discrete IR codes where right there. This allowed me to design an HSTouch screen with buttons that directly select the various inputs on the TV.

Comment

Working...
      X