Raspberry Pi + Squuezebox + Speaker Client for Whole House Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shane94 View Post
    Where would you set the pi volume? I set it to 100% in shell when I originally set it up and it plays music just fine from the media server. I set the sb volume to 50% under homeseer->view->devise management
    The plugin creates a number of devices for each player you have. One of those devices per player will be for the speech volume. The default value is 0 I believe. I use events to change the speech volume at certain times of the day.

Cheers
    Al

Click image for larger version

Name:	sb speech volume.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1174868
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      The plugin creates a number of devices for each player you have. One of those devices per player will be for the speech volume. The default value is 0 I believe. I use events to change the speech volume at certain times of the day.

Cheers
      Al

[ATTACH]41813[/ATTACH]
      Yes both speech and wav volume is set to 50%, i have tried 100% as well.
      Thank you
      Shane

Comment

Have you enabled the speech proxy on the plugin? Can you enable debug and verbose debugging in the plugin, speak something and post the log?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
          Have you enabled the speech proxy on the plugin? Can you enable debug and verbose debugging in the plugin, speak something and post the log?
          I sure can will do that when i get home tonight. I am always at work hehe

Comment

I sure can will do that when i get home tonight. I am always at work hehe
            this help:

Sep-22 10:03:28 PM SqueezeBox Debug Exiting speechTimer_Elapsed

Sep-22 10:03:28 PM SqueezeBox Debug Exiting SpeakOutNextInQueue. New status: stopped. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False

Sep-22 10:03:28 PM SqueezeBox Debug StopSpeechTimer.

Sep-22 10:03:28 PM SqueezeBox (Player_b827eb475bf4) Debug MasterBedRoomPI - SpeakerClientDisable

Sep-22 10:03:28 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering DisableSpeaking

Sep-22 10:03:28 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakOutNextInQueue - Stopped.

Sep-22 10:03:28 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakOutNextInQueue. Status: stopping. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False

Sep-22 10:03:28 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering speechTimer_Elapsed

Sep-22 10:03:27 PM SqueezeBox Debug Exiting speechTimer_Elapsed

Sep-22 10:03:27 PM SqueezeBox Debug Exiting SpeakOutNextInQueue. New status: stopping. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False

Sep-22 10:03:27 PM SqueezeBox Debug StartSpeechTimer. Duration: 0:1:0 (1000)

Sep-22 10:03:27 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakOutNextInQueue - Stopping.

Sep-22 10:03:27 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakOutNextInQueue - Deleting TTS URLs.

Sep-22 10:03:27 PM SqueezeBox (Player_b827eb475bf4) Debug MasterBedRoomPI - SpeakerClientSpeakRemoveURL. Play index: 1

Sep-22 10:03:27 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakOutNextInQueue. Status: started. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False

Sep-22 10:03:27 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering speechTimer_Elapsed

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug StartSpeechTimer. Duration: 0:1:0 (1000)

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug StartSpeechTimerForTTSTrackEnd. From: MasterBedRoomPI. SpeakerSpeechEndPending: False Extra duration: 0:1:0 (1000)

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox (Player_b827eb475bf4) Debug MasterBedRoomPI - SpeakerClientSpeakCheckIfDone. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: True

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug Exiting speechTimer_Elapsed

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug Exiting SpeakOutNextInQueue. New status: started. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: True

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug StartSpeechTimer. Duration: 1:3:486 (63486)

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakProxyUpdateDevices

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM TTS Speak: (LMS:MasterBedRoomPI):testing 1 2 3 testing 1 2 3

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakOutNextInQueue - Started Speech: b8:27:eb:47:5b:f4 playlist index 1

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox (Player_b827eb475bf4) Debug MasterBedRoomPI - SpeakerClientSpeakStart. Play index: 1

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakToFile(). Call Duration=00:00:00.2900166

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakToFile. WAV: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\SqueezeBox\SpeakIn_7.wav MP3: Text: testing 1 2 3 testing 1 2 3 IsFile: False FileExists: False

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakOutNextInQueue - Added URLs: b8:27:eb:47:5b:f4 playlist add http://192.168.0.15/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.wav

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox (Player_b827eb475bf4) Debug MasterBedRoomPI - SpeakerClientSpeakAddURL. URL: http://192.168.0.15/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.wav Play index: 1

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakOutNextInQueue - SpeakProxy. Remaining Queue Length: 0 SpeakerClient: LMS Host: LMS:MasterBedRoomPI Text: testing 1 2 3 testing 1 2 3

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakOutNextInQueue. Status: starting. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False

Sep-22 10:03:26 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering speechTimer_Elapsed

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug Exiting speechTimer_Elapsed

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug Exiting SpeakOutNextInQueue. New status: starting. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug StartSpeechTimer. Duration: 0:1:0 (1000)

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox (Player_b827eb475bf4) Debug MasterBedRoomPI - SpeakerClientEnable. speakVolume: 50

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering EnableSpeaking, Client: LMS:MasterBedRoomPI

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug SpeakOutNextInQueue - Starting. Queue Length: 1 SpeechAudioEnabled: False SpeakerClient: LMS Speak Host: LMS:MasterBedRoomPI

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakOutNextInQueue. Status: stopped. PendingSpeechTrackEnd: False

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering speechTimer_Elapsed

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug Exiting SpeakIn. Queue Length: 1

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug StartSpeechTimer. Duration: 0:0:4 (4)

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakProxyUpdateDevices

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakIn host: LMS:MasterBedRoomPI, device: 0, Text: testing 1 2 3 testing 1 2 3 , Enabled: True

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM Event Event Trigger "Jarvis test"

Sep-22 10:03:25 PM Event Event Jarvis test triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Sep-22 10:03:06 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakProxyGetMode. Returning: Normal

Sep-22 10:03:06 PM SqueezeBox Debug Entering SpeakProxyGetMode. Returning: Normal

Comment

I had a quick look at the log and looks as expected and normal. Did it speak? Can you play the wav file mention in the log in media player to check that it contains the text to be spoken? Can you try to play the URL to the wav file in the log from the LMS web page for one of the players? Typically I use mp3 files (check box in the plugin configuration) instead of wav files; try that as well.

Comment

I had a quick look at the log and looks as expected and normal. Did it speak? Can you play the wav file mention in the log in media player to check that it contains the text to be spoken? Can you try to play the URL to the wav file in the log from the LMS web page for one of the players? Typically I use mp3 files (check box in the plugin configuration) instead of wav files; try that as well.
                Yes the file is created. I will give it a test run in the AM don't want to wake up my kid in case it does work

Comment

Can you try to play the URL to the wav file in the log from the LMS web page for one of the players?
                  Checked the MP3 box, how do I play the file from the LMS web page?
                  Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Have you tried playing the file <HS3 installation dir>/html/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.wav in the media player to ensure the content is the phrase that you wanted to speak?
                    • Next let's start with the wav URL from the above post. From the LMS Web page, select the player (top right), then media navigation on the left go to "Radio>Tune In URL" and enter the URL http://192.168.0.15/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.wav . Does it play? if not it could be that the LMS is not configured to deal with wav files
                    • Next speak a phrase with the MP3 checkbox selected in the plugin. You should have mp3 file in the folder <HS3 installation dir>/html/SqueezeBox (should be SpeakIn_*.mp3). Like above play the file in LMS "Radio>Tune In URL" and enter the URL http://192.168.0.15/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_*.mp3 (replacing * with the number of the mp3 file). Does it play?

Based on the log you posted previously the plugin generates the file to be spoken. All this is to debug that the media file is correct and that LMS can stream the media files from the HS3 server (network, firewall issues) and is configured to play these kind of files.

Comment

• Have you tried playing the file <HS3 installation dir>/html/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.wav in the media player to ensure the content is the phrase that you wanted to speak?
                      • Next let's start with the wav URL from the above post. From the LMS Web page, select the player (top right), then media navigation on the left go to "Radio>Tune In URL" and enter the URL http://192.168.0.15/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.wav . Does it play? if not it could be that the LMS is not configured to deal with wav files
                      • Next speak a phrase with the MP3 checkbox selected in the plugin. You should have mp3 file in the folder <HS3 installation dir>/html/SqueezeBox (should be SpeakIn_*.mp3). Like above play the file in LMS "Radio>Tune In URL" and enter the URL http://192.168.0.15/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_*.mp3 (replacing * with the number of the mp3 file). Does it play?
                      Based on the log you posted previously the plugin generates the file to be spoken. All this is to debug that the media file is correct and that LMS can stream the media files from the HS3 server (network, firewall issues) and is configured to play these kind of files.

The wav file will play if I go to the url: http://192.168.0.15/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.wav in my browswer.

The mp3 file will play if I go to the URL: http://192.168.0.15/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_8.mp3 in my browser

If I go to this page and paste it in to the radio the timer starts to move by the slide bar but neither of them play a sound.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for doing these tests. Not sure why LMS cannot stream the media files in your environment; here are some ideas to further diagnose it:
                        - LMS cannot access the files on the HS3 server. Maybe the LMS log files contains additional details about the issue when you play the URL; worth checking. Do you have a firewall or something else that could block the communication? If possible, can you try entering the URLs in a browser on the computer where LMS is running?
                        - LMS for some reason cannot play wav or mp3 files. Does your LMS media library contain wav or mp3 and are they playing fine. Maybe as a test you could copy the wav or mp3 files with the spoken text to the LMS media library and see if they play.
                        - Any other security (username, password, firewall software, etc) that could block the communication

Comment

Thank you for doing these tests. Not sure why LMS cannot stream the media files in your environment; here are some ideas to further diagnose it:
                          - LMS cannot access the files on the HS3 server. Maybe the LMS log files contains additional details about the issue when you play the URL; worth checking. Do you have a firewall or something else that could block the communication? If possible, can you try entering the URLs in a browser on the computer where LMS is running?
                          - LMS for some reason cannot play wav or mp3 files. Does your LMS media library contain wav or mp3 and are they playing fine. Maybe as a test you could copy the wav or mp3 files with the spoken text to the LMS media library and see if they play.
                          - Any other security (username, password, firewall software, etc) that could block the communication

This is getting more strange. My LMS library is full of mp3 and they play just fine. I moved the created voice mp3 file to the LMS music library and synced. I tried to play the file and it will not play. If I simple click the file it opens media player and it plays fine.

Comment

This is getting more strange. My LMS library is full of mp3 and they play just fine. I moved the created voice mp3 file to the LMS music library and synced. I tried to play the file and it will not play. If I simple click the file it opens media player and it plays fine.
                            Maybe it's encoded/compressed differently then your other mp3s (VBR vs CBR and potentially a higher bitrate). Take a look at the file properties and then see if and how that differs from your other mp3s. I've seen some audio players not be able to handle certain types of mp3s, so maybe the raspberry pi is having issues with it.

Cheers
                            Al

EDIT: I took a quick look at my mp3 files generated by the SB plugin and the mp3 is a mono 32kbit/s CBR file (22khz 16 bit sample size). Maybe take one of your regular mp3 files and use an mp3 conversion tool (I've used dBpoweramp ) to convert it to a new file that is mono 32kbit/s CBR and see if it plays on your Pi. Maybe it's an issue with a mono file vs. stereo.
                            Last edited by sparkman; September 24, 2014, 04:52 AM.
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Do you have another LMS player (hardware or software on let's say windows using softsqueeze or squeeze play) that is not raspberry PI to see if it would play the file from the library?

Comment

I will install one on my pc tongiht when i get home and test it out. Thanks for the ideas guys!
                                Shane

Comment

Working...
                                X