No announcement yet.

Running Kinect plugin remotely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to save pictures from my remote kinects and the images save to the local machine. Is there a way to get them over to the HS3 machine for emailing or another recommended way to use the netcam functionality? I guess I could share a folder on each remote unit and then pull from there if necessary..

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
      Trying to save pictures from my remote kinects and the images save to the local machine. Is there a way to get them over to the HS3 machine for emailing or another recommended way to use the netcam functionality? I guess I could share a folder on each remote unit and then pull from there if necessary..
      if you are using the "Take Picture" action from the Kinect plugin, then yes it saves the image on the local machine.

what you could do is enable the camera feature from the Kinect plugin config page and then use the HS Netcam plugin (UltraNetCam3 plugin should work as well) on the HS3 machine to take snapshots.
      I have just tested with the HS Netcam plugin and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        this should definitely work, set the log level to Trace, and look at the console or logs to see what the VR understands

assuming Sonos plugin has a device for volume with values going from 0 to 100 (or something equivalent)., you could use a "Device voice command" associated to this volume device. In the User Guide there is an example to set a "Target temperature" device, it should be similar, you could set a command like: "Set the volume to (value)"

note that there is currently a HS3 bug that prevent this from working if you use multiple instances of the Kinect plugin.

another way is to use "A phrase was recognized" trigger and scripting action to reduce or increase volume by 5
        I found more details about the SONOS PI for volume control. I'll use your examples now that I see what is going on. The only problem I'm having now is the remote instance on a tablet shutdown overnight. Is there a way to see so I can test it overnight each night until I find out the problem?
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
          I found more details about the SONOS PI for volume control. I'll use your examples now that I see what is going on. The only problem I'm having now is the remote instance on a tablet shutdown overnight. Is there a way to see so I can test it overnight each night until I find out the problem?
          The baytrail tablets are cool for this kind of setup, but very temperamental to get into a stable configuration.
          I got a linx 7" with a special box to do usb 2 go. First 3 days wouldn't stay up for more than a day due to discharging, so changed to a 2A charger and
          messed with the BIOS, that cured that.

Then it would randomly power off at 5:30 every morning, and also the plugin would randomly restart a few times a day. Messed around some more, turns out it was the connected standby feature - disable that and a few reboots, its now always on. Plugin has been rock solid too.

Comment

Just updated HS3 to 3.0.0.157 and it has broken my remote kinect instances. I updated the dll files and still no luck with connection it is trying but it never gets there

See attached screen shot

Cheers Ken
            Attached Files
            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
              Just updated HS3 to 3.0.0.157 and it has broken my remote kinect instances. I updated the dll files and still no luck with connection it is trying but it never gets there

See attached screen shot

Cheers Ken
              weird... I haven't tested version 3.0.0.157 yet, I'll try to do it during the weekend.

does a local Kinect instance work?
              any problem with other plugins?

Comment

Spud,

I have a correction 3.0.0.157 messed up alot of things but I am getting it all up and running not apparently it wiped out all of my license codes and other issues

I ended up completely rebooting my server and re-entering the license codes and now it appears to be working except for one instance I had to put a new connect on that PC and the plug in is not finding it. I remember having to delete a line on an INI file some where but cant for the life of me remember where to delete the line for the kinect ID can ya help me out

Cheers Ken
                HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Spud,

I have a correction 3.0.0.157 messed up alot of things but I am getting it all up and running not apparently it wiped out all of my license codes and other issues

I ended up completely rebooting my server and re-entering the license codes and now it appears to be working except for one instance I had to put a new connect on that PC and the plug in is not finding it. I remember having to delete a line on an INI file some where but cant for the life of me remember where to delete the line for the kinect ID can ya help me out

Cheers Ken
                  if you have one, delete the line that begins with kinect_sensor_id (in [GENERAL] section), then restart the instance

Comment

I dont have one but there is no ID for the kinect in the plugin but this is all that is in the INI file for that instance

[VOICE_RECOGNITION]
                    attention_phrase=Jarvis
                    confidence_threshold=0.65
                    [CAMERA]
                    netcam_enabled=True

Comment

I dont have one but there is no ID for the kinect in the plugin but this is all that is in the INI file for that instance

[VOICE_RECOGNITION]
                      attention_phrase=Jarvis
                      confidence_threshold=0.65
                      [CAMERA]
                      netcam_enabled=True
                      then it means the plugin doesn't detect the kinect, what does it say in the logs when you start the plugin?
                      can you use the kinect on that machine with another program like with the Kinect Explorer that comes with the SDK?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                        then it means the plugin doesn't detect the kinect, what does it say in the logs when you start the plugin?
                        can you use the kinect on that machine with another program like with the Kinect Explorer that comes with the SDK?

Spud,

This issue seems to be related to the kinect on that PC so it is not the plug in but the PC I will have to chase that down but recently I also started getting and error on my remote instances and then the kinect stops working the only wat i have found to correct the issue is to close the remote instance and restart it

please see the attachment for the error and let me know what could be causing it

Thanks Ken
                        Attached Files

Comment

Spud,

Any idea where the above error is coming from. It keeps locking up my remote VR plugins

Cheers Ken

Comment

Spud,

Any idea where the above error is coming from. It keeps locking up my remote VR plugins

Cheers Ken
                            what do you have in the HS logs when this error happen?
                            does it happen on all your remote instances?
                            is it something you started noticing after upgrading to 3.0.0.157?

Comment

It happens on all the remote instances and it was there before the upgrade. Ill look over the log to see if there is something related.

Cheers Ken

Comment

Spud,

The only thing that I find in the HS log is a warning

Warning Cannot access remote plugin Kinect

nothing else

need some help figuring this one out seens like the more remote instances Iadd the more it occurs

Cheers Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X