Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Thank you very much for this information.

How does Geofancy work? Is it an app aswell? and how do you use it compared to the other apps?
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
      Ok. Thank you very much for this information.

How does Geofancy work? Is it an app aswell? and how do you use it compared to the other apps?
      I'm not a Geofancy user but as I understand it:

It is an app that's installed on your iOS device.
      You set up your known locations (fences) or iBeacons and radius within the app itself.
      The app has the ability to send an http post whenever it detects that you have entered or left one of your fences.

On the plug-in side:
      The plug-in receives the http post data which basically consists of the DeviceId, FenceID and the status (Enter or Leave).
      When a new (previously unheard) FenceId is received the plug-in will create a new child device for it and show the current status as Near or Not Near).

The app does not send other data like current latitude, longitude or speed etc so these are not available in the plug-in.

Paul..

Comment

Ok. Thats great, i still use android with backitude. but its good to know how to when for some reason i need to implement some ios.

btw i sent you an email Paul about Zee.

Comment

Errors after upgrading.

I get this error after upgrading your plugin

Any inputs?

mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (UpdateDevice) Error getting matrix lookup for child device 725
          mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (UpdateDevice) Error getting matrix lookup for child device 724
          mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (UpdateDevice) Error getting matrix lookup for child device 723
          mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (UpdateDevice) Error getting matrix lookup for child device 722
          mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (GetMatrix) Exception in GetMatrix function System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at e.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2, String A_3, String A_4)
          mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (GetMatrix) General error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT for Typ:2LA1:55.9155764 LO1:12.4178417 LA2:55.62922 LO2:12.64678
          mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (GetMatrix) Exception in GetMatrix function System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at e.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2, String A_3, String A_4)
          mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (GetMatrix) General error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT for Typ:1LA1:55.9155764 LO1:12.4178417 LA2:55.62922 LO2:12.64678
          mar-27 22:51:03 PHLocation Error (UpdateUserDevice) Error writing position to database for device [267]
          mar-27 22:51:03 PHLocation Error (UpdateUserDevice) Error adding record to database for device [267] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at b.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2, String A_3, String A_4, String A_5, String A_6) at e.a(b A_0, Int32 A_1)
          mar-27 22:51:03 PHLocation Error (UpdateUserDevice) Error getting reverse geocode for [267] Lat: 55.62922 Lon:12.64678
          Best,
          Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
            I get this error after upgrading your plugin

Any inputs?

mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (UpdateDevice) Error getting matrix lookup for child device 725
            mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (UpdateDevice) Error getting matrix lookup for child device 724
            mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (UpdateDevice) Error getting matrix lookup for child device 723
            mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (UpdateDevice) Error getting matrix lookup for child device 722
            mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (GetMatrix) General error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT for Typ:2LA1:55.9155764 LO1:12.4178417 LA2:55.62922 LO2:12.64678
            mar-27 22:51:04 PHLocation Error (GetMatrix) General error: OVER_QUERY_LIMIT for Typ:1LA1:55.9155764 LO1:12.4178417 LA2:55.62922 LO2:12.64678
            mar-27 22:51:03 PHLocation Error (UpdateUserDevice) Error writing position to database for device [267]
            mar-27 22:51:03 PHLocation Error (UpdateUserDevice) Error adding record to database for device [267] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at b.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2, String A_3, String A_4, String A_5, String A_6) at e.a(b A_0, Int32 A_1)
            mar-27 22:51:03 PHLocation Error (UpdateUserDevice) Error getting reverse geocode for [267] Lat: 55.62922 Lon:12.64678
            I'm just about to go to bed but I will take this up with you tomorrow if that's OK.

Paul..

Comment

Ok, I've become disenchanted with geofancy. Not as reliable as it once was but hopefully it's just with my phone...

Comment

Thanks for all the work on the plugin, after all of that I have jumped back to the windows ship as there were a number of plugins which would not work on linux, or were unlikely to be ported so after all of that I thought it easier, and more reliable (with a higher WAF) to go back to windows.

your app is up and running on windows again , the KML stuff would be great as a future addition but otherwise it is working perfectly .
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                  Ok, I've become disenchanted with geofancy. Not as reliable as it once was but hopefully it's just with my phone...

Can you describe what you are experiencing in more detail? Does the app continue to run in the background without needing to be restarted?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                  Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                  Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                    Can you describe what you are experiencing in more detail? Does the app continue to run in the background without needing to be restarted?

I never have to restart the app, it's always running in background. For me, it is often inaccurate where it won't post a geolocation until way after I had passed or will post when I'm nowhere near the location of the geofence. I think it's an app problem primarily

Comment

Do you leave wifi on?

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

I got the geofency stuff up. but not sure how to use it?
                        Last edited by U5tabil; March 29, 2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                          Do you leave wifi on?

Yes, I always have wifi on. Why, does that screw it up?

Comment

No. If you turn it off then location services on iOS is less accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                              I'm just about to go to bed but I will take this up with you tomorrow if that's OK.

Paul..
                              Hi Paul,
                              Did the errors in the log make any sense?
                              Best,
                              Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                                Hi Paul,
                                Did the errors in the log make any sense?
                                Sorry for the late reply. I had a busy weekend.

Yes, the messages make sense. Does this happen on every update or just sporadically?

Can we continue by email to try and resolve?

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                                X