HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dirk

I can confirm that if I delete the ann tts file in the said directory it is re created when I run the google script . This file will not play with windows media player although this shows that the PI is creating the correct file. Does that help. No errors in the speaker log.

I can confirm that firewall is off and port 86 is not restricted

Cheers

Thanks

Steve
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
      Hi Dirk

I can confirm that if I delete the ann tts file in the said directory it is re created when I run the google script . This file will not play with windows media player although this shows that the PI is creating the correct file. Does that help. No errors in the speaker log.

I can confirm that firewall is off and port 86 is not restricted

Cheers

Thanks

Steve
      Could you post the script as it is now, I'll see if I can try it out myself. I suspect there is still something wrong in the hs.speak syntax

Dirk

Comment

ok, here it is

Thanks
        Attached Files
        Steve

Comment

ok, here it is

Thanks
          Don't see anything wrong here either. Do you have different speaker clients? If so, what kind? The fact that the file gets created but seems to be empty seems to indicate an issue with the speaker client. One of the things to try is to mess around with the script a little. Perhaps take out the <silence.. part or spell out the complete speaker client name. I assume the speaker client runs at administrator level? I assume other TTS stuff (which uses SpeaktoFile! So not via an audio input to a Sonos player!) is working?

Do you see multiple files in the <..>\announcements subdirectory? If so what are they? Any of them playable with Windows Media Player? Do these file have a length or are they zero bytes long? If they have a length, can you copy them to another directory? Have you looked at their allowance settings? If you copy them to let's say c:\temp are they now playable with WMP?

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk, sorry for late reply . I can confirm that the Ann file is being created and is various bytes long and not zero . I am only running the sandalwood:default speaker client. Other announcements work using the speak file function and not via audio input on a sonos player .
            Not sure what you mean buy allowance setting ! Speaker proxy is running in admin mode. I have noticed that the speech bubble is being created but no audio heard!

Hope that makes sense

Many thanks

Thanks

Steve
            Steve

Comment

Hi Dirk, sorry for late reply . I can confirm that the Ann file is being created and is various bytes long and not zero .
              Did you try to play the file using for example Windows Media Player? If so, was it what you expected? If the file is OK, than we have a problem streaming it. Are you sure your volume is high enough to hear the announcement?

Dirk

postedit: just noted in one of your prior postings that you cannot play the file with WMP. What error is WMP giving?
              Second postedit: if you look at the Sonos Controller itself, what do you see when it tries to play the announcement? What error?
              Last edited by dcorsus; July 21, 2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Hi Dirk.

No errors on sonos controller. All zones linked as they should do, even shows that it is playing the announcement , just no audio !. Volume ok as other announcement work fine with the same TTS group . Just the scripts not playing ball.

Thanks

Steve
                Steve

Comment

Here's a screenshot. No errors

Many thanks
                  Attached Files
                  Steve

Comment

Hi Dirk.

No errors on sonos controller. All zones linked as they should do, even shows that it is playing the announcement , just no audio !. Volume ok as other announcement work fine with the same TTS group . Just the scripts not playing ball.

Thanks

Steve
                    I just noted you actually have about 4 announcements back to back. The PI should be able to handle it, but maybe some bug somewhere. You could play with this and change your script so it only has one announcement and see if that makes a difference.

If you go to the announcements directory, you should actually find 4 .wav files and the Sonos player should actually show a queue w/ multiple announcements. I don't see the announcements in the queue, do you see them in the announcement subdirectory? If you do see them there, can you play them and do they have the right (spoken) content?

I can't run the script because it requires some Google account which I don't have and plan not on getting. I could probably change the script and have it do 4 fixed announcements.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

There are no announcements in the sonos queue, the four files are being created in the directory , they just do not play when you click on them individually. The script is written to read two separate peoples calendar , hence it's written the way it is.

Do you have team viewer ?

Thanks

Steve
                      Steve

Comment

Dirk , just noticed that if I right click on the Ann tts file in the directory and send it to the individual zone player it still doesn't play. If I then click on the zone player it says file cannot be found. Does that help

Thanks

Steve
                        Steve

Comment

Dirk , just noticed that if I right click on the Ann tts file in the directory and send it to the individual zone player it still doesn't play. If I then click on the zone player it says file cannot be found. Does that help

Thanks

Steve
                          There is something wrong with the announcements. Can you change the script and remove all the tags from the announcements. Just copy/paste the original line, comment one out and change the new line, so you can easy revert. I wonder whether the silence or other tags are causing the announcement files to either be empty or corrupt.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk. I am trying again to get HS3 working. I can't see the current install download. I have an old copy of 12 I could try. What happened to the install zip file?

Thanks

Kent

Nevermind. I have it installed... Thanks
                            Last edited by PosterBoy; August 12, 2014, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Hi Dirk

Is there a way to detect an alarm going off like you could do in the the HS2 version? I used it to detect and alarm and turn on the lights to great effect.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PosterBoy View Post
                                Hi Dirk

Is there a way to detect an alarm going off like you could do in the the HS2 version? I used it to detect and alarm and turn on the lights to great effect.

Thanks
                                See http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=167

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X