This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compose not working with ver 2.4

I have been running ver. 2.2.0.66 for quite a while without any issues. I recently upgraded to version 2.4.0.1 and now my compose devices don't work. My interface is an ocelot with a secu16 and the ADIocelot plugin 1.14.0.4. I can transmit standard X10 commands without a problem, however the extended commands are not being transmitted. I also have an X10 signal meter and I have it plugged into the same outlet as the TI-103. The switches are set up as Compose switches in the device type. I am running windows server 2003. I also have the compose plugin 2.0.0.4. I have since gone back to ver. 2.2.0.66 and everything is working again.

I also set up a test machine running Windows XP and have the same issue. I have not seen any other posts regarding this issue. I also tried a new TI-103 interface and got the same result.

Any help is appreciated.
    Rich

2.4.0.1 had a few issues. Did you try the latest release which is 2.4.0.6?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich,

My house full of compose devices is playing nicely with 2.4.0.6. I upgraded to this version from 2.3.0.60 if I recall correctly. However, I did experience problems when moving from 2.2.0.66 to 2.3.0.19 earlier. See if this helps at all:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133148

Regards,
      Don

Comment

Thanks, I'll try the latest release.

Rich

Comment

Lightolier Problem

I saw your post from a year ago. Don't know if you still watch this board or not, but could sure use some help with my HS Pro 2.4.01. install and operation of the more than 35 Lightolier switches that I have installed in my lake home. I spent a frustrating weekend at the lake trying to get the system to talk to these lights. It seems I can control simple appliance modules, but can not make the lights work. My system is new, just purchased a few weeks ago. I am replacing an older system and upgrading. I am using an ACT TI103 injector. I have tried to download the Lightolier plugin. It says on the updater that it is installed, but I don't see it called out as loading on the log, and perhaps that is the problem. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by bariba01 View Post
            I saw your post from a year ago. Don't know if you still watch this board or not, but could sure use some help with my HS Pro 2.4.01. install and operation of the more than 35 Lightolier switches that I have installed in my lake home. I spent a frustrating weekend at the lake trying to get the system to talk to these lights. It seems I can control simple appliance modules, but can not make the lights work. My system is new, just purchased a few weeks ago. I am replacing an older system and upgrading. I am using an ACT TI103 injector. I have tried to download the Lightolier plugin. It says on the updater that it is installed, but I don't see it called out as loading on the log, and perhaps that is the problem. Any pointers would be appreciated.
            If you are running HS as a service you will have to uninstall/disable the service and start HS as an .exe to install any new plugins.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Making progress

Well, I have made significant progress since your suggestion. Thanks very much. I have now gotten all my z wave devices to work (4 thermostats, 4 lamp modules and 4 motion sensors). I am still having real problems with my x10 light switches though. I have done a more through analysis of the switches installed and have discovered that I have about 25 of the old SwitchLinc 2-way switches and about 10 Lightolier switches. (see http://www.hometoys.com/htinews/jun99/reviews/switchlinc/switchlinc.htm ). None of these switches will respond to commands from HomeSeer regardless of what type of switch I select from the drop down menu, and I have tried them all. However, standard X10 apliance modules do work. I am using a TI103 interface. To complicate matters, the house has two Lightolier Compose firewall/filter hard wired into the system close to the circuit breaker panels. All of the lighting switches go through this panel. Anyone have any advice?

Comment

Is your TI103 interface on a circuit that is 'inside' the firewall? If not, try moving it to an outlet on a circuit that is. (may take a long extension cord) If your lights respond, then you will probably need to move your interface or install a new outlet near you HS computer that is on one of those circuits. (Then the problem will be getting signal to the rest of the circuits in the house, but that's secondary at this point, and in my experience it is easier to get a signal to bleed out than in.)

If temporarily moving the interface looks to be difficult, try recruiting someone to stand by the firewall boxes to see if the LEDs blink when you send a command from HS. If you are working alone, set up a recurring event in HS to send an X10 command every 10 sec and then see if the firewall LEDs blink correspondingly. If the LEDs do not blink that is a pretty strong indication that the firewalls are effectively filtering out the X10 signals. (That's what they are designed to do.)
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

When I initially insallled my Compose system, I had a TI103 connected to a receptacle on a circuit "inside" the firewall. It worked well most of the time but IIRC it occasionally mis-stepped. I eventually purchased the RS232 card for the Compose system and wrote a basic "x10" plug-in to communicate with it.

HS's Compose plug-in isn't a replacement for an X10 I/F and plug-in. It more or less sits "on top" of whatever X10 I/F plugin you are using to provide a higher level of Compose "scene" control. You can certainly communicate with Compose devices using preset DIM command and/or scripts for example without ever installing the HS Compose plugin.

Regarding debugging communications through the Compose panel, I think there are a number of DIP switches on one of the cards in the panel that can be configured to show e.g. noise and/or collisions via the panel LEDs.

Don

Comment

I have also been having problems with my compose switches. I thought it was a firewall issues but bypassing the firewalls completely made no difference. I am currently running HSpro 2.5.044 with a 1132U interface. The log reports commands sent from the compose preset stations correctly but the compose switches do not respond to commands sent from homeseer. Sending a standard X10 on or off from a plug-in X10 controller will activate on and off scenes.

Now that I am certain that the problems is not being caused by the firewalls I realize that it must have happened during one of the upgrades I did and has been an issue for several years.

Any ideas?

Comment

I'm not familiar with the 1132U interface, so these are just guesses at what might help.

Have you tried the interface on different circuits? (A long extension cord can be of use for that kind of test.)
                      Do you have any other way - other than HS - for initiating an X10 preset dim command on the interface?
                      When you send an X10 on or off the Compose switches respond. Does HS see those on / off commands too, i.e. do they show up in the HS log?
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Mike,

If I send a preset dim command from a compose preset station it operates the compose dimmers and shows up in the log.
                        If I send an X10 command with a plug in control station it operates the dimmers and shows up in the log.
                        If I send a standard X10 command with Homeseer it operates the dimmers and shows up in the log.
                        When I send I preset dim command from Homeseer it shows up in the log but the lights don't respond.

I have tried different receptacles for the interface but it made no difference. I even bypassed my 12 circuits of firewall and still no change.

This system used to work flawlessly but stopped sending valid compose commands after a previous upgrade. I am not even certain which upgrade changed things as it happened a while ago but I did not realize the extent of the change. (I thought it was limited to one device.)

Anything else I can try?

Comment

shersh,

When you send the pre-set dim commands from homeseer are you doing this via HS's Compose plug-in? I'm just wondering if the following thread applies to your situation. Some time ago, after a HS upgrade, I too lost the ability to control my Compose devices from HS. See the last post for the resolution to my issue:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133148

BR,
                          Don

Comment

Thanks Don I am using the compose plug-in and that looks like what I am seeing. I will respond to the thread you linked with some further questions.

Comment

Originally posted by shersh View Post
                              Thanks Don I am using the compose plug-in and that looks like what I am seeing. I will respond to the thread you linked with some further questions.
                              Hi shersh, I replied in the other thread as well. Here's the post. Hope it helps!
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...35&postcount=6

Comment

Working...
                              X