This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on local script connector

I use a locally (to homeseer) running script connector. However, it seems to be reporting the following erorr:

Type HomeSeer2: Application not found
    Can anyone give me a pointer as to where the error lies?

Cheers,

Darren

It looks like your computer registry is corrupt or missing COM configuration information for HomeSeer.

Code:
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// FIND HOMESEER TYPE
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Type[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] t = [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Type[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2].GetTypeFromProgID([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"HomeSeer2.application"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]);
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] (t == [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]null[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2])
    {
      m_hsScriptApplicationContext.LogInfo([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"Type HomeSeer2.application not found"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2]);
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]  return[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff] false[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2];
    }
    [/SIZE]

Using regedt32, you may first check the registry manualy:

You should find the 2 following keys pointing to the homseer2 dll

- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HomeSeer2.application\CLSID
    - HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2CBA217-5B2B-4A05-B43D-3C2B583C00F8}\InprocServer32\2.1.0.0\CodeBase

If they are not found, try to re-register (using regsvr32) homeseer2.dll

--
    stipus

Comment

Same problem here but I can't registry it.
      HomeSeer2.application is missing in registry.

Can I ask for a registry export file for these 2 keys?

/Thanks
      Attached Files
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I don't understand what could have been happening ?!
        Did you change something on your HomeSeer servers ?

Here is what I have on my system registry. Save this as a .reg and double-click (you may have to edit the path if HS2 is not in c:\program files\HomeSeer 2

Code:
        Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HomeSeer2.application]
        @="HomeSeer2.application"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HomeSeer2.application\CLSID]
        @="{C2CBA217-5B2B-4A05-B43D-3C2B583C00F8}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2CBA217-5B2B-4A05-B43D-3C2B583C00F8}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2CBA217-5B2B-4A05-B43D-3C2B583C00F8}\Implemented Categories]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2CBA217-5B2B-4A05-B43D-3C2B583C00F8}\Implemented Categories\{62C8FE65-4EBB-45e7-B440-6E39B2CDBF29}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2CBA217-5B2B-4A05-B43D-3C2B583C00F8}\InprocServer32]
        @="mscoree.dll"
        "ThreadingModel"="Both"
        "Class"="HomeSeer2.application"
        "Assembly"="HomeSeer2, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
        "RuntimeVersion"="v2.0.50727"
        "CodeBase"="[URL]file:///C:/Program[/URL] Files/HomeSeer 2/HomeSeer2.DLL"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2CBA217-5B2B-4A05-B43D-3C2B583C00F8}\InprocServer32\2.1.0.0]
        "Class"="HomeSeer2.application"
        "Assembly"="HomeSeer2, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
        "RuntimeVersion"="v2.0.50727"
        "CodeBase"="[URL]file:///C:/Program[/URL] Files/HomeSeer 2/HomeSeer2.DLL"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C2CBA217-5B2B-4A05-B43D-3C2B583C00F8}\ProgId]
        --
        stipus

Comment

Thanks Stipus, it working now
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

OK. However, I would really like to know the root cause of this problem.

The fact that this info is missing from 2 different user's registry is not a coincidence.

Did you both update to HS2.4, or install a new HS2.4 on the computer ?
            --
            stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
              OK. However, I would really like to know the root cause of this problem.

The fact that this info is missing from 2 different user's registry is not a coincidence.

Did you both update to HS2.4, or install a new HS2.4 on the computer ?
              I have a totally reinstallation off my windows 2003 server with a clean start of new HS Pro 2.4.0.1

Download all the plugins from updater.
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info.

I'll open a HomeSeer ticket to know if this new behavior (no COM entries in registry) is normal.
                --
                stipus

Comment

HomeSeer helpdesk ticket #20450 open for this issue.

--
                  stipus

Comment

Have confirmed this to be an issue with a clean install of HS 2.4.0.1. If you run the HS 2.4.0.1 updater then this issue can be fixed.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Homeeer just confirmed the problem in HS 2.4.0.1.
                      It'll be fixed in the next HomeSeer version.

Thanks for pointing this out. The error was in the installer. I have fixed the installer and will re-upload new installers today. So future installs will not have this issue.
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Working...
                      X