This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    Your suggestion is essentially what I have been trying.
    Yes, I understand, because you were focused on why "Version 2.5.81 Registered with Homeseer" was showing during initialization.

What was overlooked is that the detail debug goes to a file in \data\mcsXap_EventTrace.txt.
    Overlooked? Is this documented somewhere? I'm having a hard time understanding how I could have known this?

This, rather than what is in the HS log is the debug information of interest. The HS log only contain normal feedback. Not the debug
    See attached. Goes with this mornings test (zip5 above). Where does this leave us regarding the Version number issue?

Gary
    Last edited by Kbevo; February 16, 2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

It is not that you overlooked it, I did not remember. There are many applications that I have posted and don't remember everything about each one. mcsXap for HS2 has not had much done with it for quite awhile. I do not have HS2 running on any computer now so going somewhat blind with trying to remember it.

On an earlier zip file you posted screen shot of the mcsXap browser. What was shown is only the top half of the page. The bottom half should have checkboxes to select the schema or class of messages that should be accepted via xAP. You will want to have XapBSC checked as that is what is being sent by xapmcs1wire.

I still do not know why HS is showing the version number it is showing. .NET assemblies have 4 segments and HS is only showing 3 as was the case for COM versions. It was just a tangent that is not worth looking further.

Comment

I do not have HS2 running on any computer now so going somewhat blind with trying to remember it.
        Where does this leave me with finding a resolution to this issue?
        On an earlier zip file you posted screen shot of the mcsXap browser. What was shown is only the top half of the page. The bottom half should have checkboxes to select the schema or class of messages that should be accepted via xAP. You will want to have XapBSC checked as that is what is being sent by xapmcs1wire

Good to know. I have it checked now. In my attachment, I have updated those screen shots for both xap Setup and 1Wire Status and have shown the complete page in two parts. I also ran the debug "Report" process again and attached the Xap txt file. Hopefully you will see something that will make the situation more clear.

I still do not know why HS is showing the version number it is showing. .NET assemblies have 4 segments and HS is only showing 3 as was the case for COM versions. It was just a tangent that is not worth looking further.
        For review, I could not simply migrate the 1Wire exe from my old system because it seems to have a virus. The COM version you pointed me to would not work (as discussed in prior posts, this thread). So, I decided to go to the latest .NET version that seems to have HS2 issues. Is it possible that there is no longer a Plug-in/1Wire set that will work for me on HS2?

Thanks
        Gary
        Last edited by Kbevo; February 16, 2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

You need to check the checkbox to Receive BSC

Comment

One checkbox...

You need to check the checkbox to Receive BSC
            Well that was it. As you pointed out, I checked the Received BSC:
            <TABLE width=600 border=5 frame=box> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=TABLEHEADER colSpan=2 align=center>Optional xAP Schema</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=TABLEHEADER align=center>Accept xAP Message</TD> <TD class=TABLEHEADER align=center>Send xAP Message</TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=TABLEROWODD align=left><INPUT type=checkbox value=1 name=SetIORx> Receive SetIO </TD> <TD class=TABLEROWODD align=left><INPUT type=checkbox value=1 name=SetIOTx> Transmit SetIO </TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=TABLEROWODD align=left><INPUT CHECKED type=checkbox value=1 name=BSCRx> Receive BSC </TD> <TD class=TABLEROWODD align=left><INPUT CHECKED type=checkbox value=1 name=BSCTx> Transmit BSC </TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=TABLEROWODD align=left><INPUT type=checkbox value=1 name=X10Receive> Receive X10 Event </TD> <TD class=TABLEROWODD align=left><INPUT type=checkbox value=1 name=X10Transmit> Transmit X10 </TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=TABLEROWODD align=left><INPUT type=checkbox value=1 name=X10ReceiveRequest> Receive X10 Request </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and the 1Wire accepted devices appeared. I was then able to accept the same 6 devices and they were created in HS2. They seem to be updating just fine now (over night). I wish I had known about the documentation for your XAP programs on your website (just now found it). While it addresses the old interface, it still has valuable config information in it, like describing when the "Optional xAP Schema" is really not optional. I apologize for not looking sooner, as that would have saved me (and you) days of aggravation and frustration. In any case, thanks for your help on this and for sticking with me.

Comment

Working...
            X