No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi + Squuezebox + Speaker Client for Whole House Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heatvent, I saw this thread and saw you used Silex SX-3000GB. Just wondering, is it working without issue? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wingshigh.g View Post
      Heatvent, I saw this thread and saw you used Silex SX-3000GB. Just wondering, is it working without issue? Thanks.
      I ended up not needing it. I got everything to work using homeseer + the plugin. Has worked flawless.

Comment

No worries, always better to not spend the money. If you do need one some day the work very well.

Comment

Shane94,

Thanks for the nice write up and detailed parts list, I've referred to this post several times for my cooked up whole house audio.

Question - what are kinds of connectors do you need for the pyle amplifier. I tried to find a manual online, but didn't find any.
          And how is the usb dac performing. Did you every consider the more expensive ones ( <$60 ).
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
            Shane94,

Thanks for the nice write up and detailed parts list, I've referred to this post several times for my cooked up whole house audio.

Question - what are kinds of connectors do you need for the pyle amplifier. I tried to find a manual online, but didn't find any.
            And how is the usb dac performing. Did you every consider the more expensive ones ( <$60 ).
            I actually no longer have to use the USB dac, i got homeseer + the squeezebox plugin to play nice. The plye amps come with pigtails, simply splice them into the wiring going to the speakers, so special connectors are needed System is still working like a champ! I use it everyday for a alarm clock.

Thanks
            shane

Comment

So your hs server also servers as your Logitech Media Server? Bit confused?

Originally posted by shane94 View Post
              I actually no longer have to use the USB dac, i got homeseer + the squeezebox plugin to play nice. The plye amps come with pigtails, simply splice them into the wiring going to the speakers, so special connectors are needed System is still working like a champ! I use it everyday for a alarm clock.

Thanks
              shane
              Tom
              baby steps...starting again with HS3
              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                So your hs server also servers as your Logitech Media Server? Bit confused?
                I have the Logitech squeeze box server running on the local pc and on homeseer i have the squeeze player plugin. That allows me to broadcast the music / TTS threw the speakers using the raspberry pi

Comment

Working...
                X