Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been snowing here since about 10 this morning, heavy at time and we still only have like maybe an inch, just enough to cover but that's it. I hate little snows, if it's gonna snow I want feet, not inches.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

oh yeah... snow removal....

one is playing legos and the other is taking a nap... guy I work with said... kids are great... they should be money makers.....!!!!!
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Mountainman View Post
        Steve Q,

Unfortunately what you need to keep the snow away is NOT energy efficient, ha (i.e., a dead short is not energy efficient). I'd love to have heating coils in my concrete, but the energy usage would be off the charts!

HS would turn it on and off as it snows/freezes!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevech View Post
          HS would turn it on and off as it snows/freezes!
          Yes, that would be ideal. I have heard of people having systems that are either 1) temperature-based, or 2) manually activated. #1 wastes lots of energy since it's frequently below 32 without precipitation. #2 isn't good because if it isn't turned on in time, it takes even more energy to melt a large accumulation and ice can form outside the area that is being heated when the water runs off since it may not all evaporate.

A reliable precipitation detector is needed and I don't recall seeing anything like this that is fairly inexpensive (not that the whole heating system isn't expensive for starters!). Has a foolproof way to detect snow/rain quickly been invented?

Comment

Snow

You could move to Las Vegas. We had eight inches of snow, but it didn't stick well to the roads and was mostly gone the next day. Currently it's 9pm and 51F. Of course there is the summer heat...

Comment

Is anyone doing anything with HS for snow removal?

Comment

Just need to train your dog:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitche...rink-1.2966873

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Think I am going to go buy one of those car wash hot air dryers to melt the frozen rain off my car - or perhaps I should clear up the 2nd bay of my garage
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Roboplow by ideaLABORATORIES
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA
                    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                    --
                    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                    X