Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

access "settings" - no button on taskbar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

access "settings" - no button on taskbar?

I used to be able to access the settings screen (to input server 1, server 2, etc) with a button on the Android task bar (together with the default "back", multitask, etc).

But the latest update seems to have removed that button? The default skin that comes with the app seems to access settings via a soft button built into the skin itself. Is this how it's meant to be?

I have erased the default skin and replaced with my own. Can anyone please tell me what the command is to get to the settings screen if I need to build this into the skin? Thanks.

You've no doubt figured it out, but in case others are curious

Add an Action and set the ActionType to
    MISC - Display Options Menu (Android)

Comment

Thanks heaps for that! Im having the same issue after recently updating the client, it's a real face palm of a bug.

Edit - I cant find that action from my HS2 designer, version 1.0.73 ???
      Last edited by aXis; August 14, 2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Just downloaded the client. Two different sets of problems.

Android 4.4 On the bottom HOMESEER bar I have the three dots lower right.
        It brings up settings. Select the proper server.
        I can set everything except Configuration File which has two items:
        Android-Landscape.xml
        Android-portrait.xml
        with a radio button next to each to select but no way to specify my project.

Kindle (not sure of android version) -- I can't get the settings to display at all to specify server or any parameter. I can't even specify my server.

Comment

update

Once I use the designer to deploy to the device my file is included with the radio buttons.

Doesn't work with kindle as I can never specify my server.

Comment

You have to deploy a project before it will work.

To specify a server address go to [settings/server x/address].

Works on my kindle, even though the update resized my project and it took ages to find what had changed!

Comment

Working...
            X