HSTouch Android Client 1.0.0.83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Android Client 1.0.0.83

HSTouch client for Android is available for testing. We are putting this out as a Beta due to a new feature.

Changes since 1.0.0.76:

Removed script commands from projects weather screen and use new service URL for weather info (speeds up display on Linux controllers)
    Screens are now freed from memory when they are closed, this should fix "force closes" when moving between screens
    Fixed status colors not displaying

Download version 1.0.0.83

Changes to 1.0.0.76:
    Changes since 1.0.0.55

This application incorporates our new MyHomeSeer remote access service. You can still connect directly using your system IP address as you did before. However the MyHomeSeer service makes connecting much easier.

See the MyHomeSeer forum for details.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Just installed it. First thing I've noticed is a significant change in startup time: 6 seconds to be exact on my Nexus 7 tablet with a custom project! I was experiencing 20+ seconds on previous versions. Navigating seems snappier too.

I've also noticed the status for devices is delayed upon starting and personally, I feel this is a much better approach to get up and running quicker.

Nice work guys!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Loading the default app on a TableTop controller is much faster here too!
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Does this client work on older releases of Android? i.e. 2.3.1?
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

It should work on 2.1 or later, I did test it on the original Motorola Droid.

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Does this client work on older releases of Android? i.e. 2.3.1?

Comment

I discovered that if the Android goes to sleep, when awakened and reconnected to server, the devices screen is blank. You must exit the app and restart to get the Devices list. I will put a bugzilla report on file. My earlier versions of Android apps work ok with new HSTouch server.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Thanks... I can confirm that this works with 2.3.1 anyway.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I'm "successfully" running it on 4 Archos Home Connect 35's running froyo Android 2.2.1, a Velocity Micro Cruz T301 tablet running froyo Android 2.21, and both of my HomeSeer IWAR07's running froyo Android 2.2.

FWIW
                Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

HSTouch client for Android is available for testing. We are putting this out as a Beta due to a new feature.

Changes since 1.0.0.55

This application incorporates our new MyHomeSeer remote access service. You can still connect directly using your system IP address as you did before. However the MyHomeSeer service makes connecting much easier.

See the MyHomeSeer forum for details.

Download version 1.0.0.76
                  Originally posted by spknapp View Post
                  I'm "successfully" running it on 4 Archos Home Connect 35's running froyo Android 2.2.1, a Velocity Micro Cruz T301 tablet running froyo Android 2.21, and both of my HomeSeer IWAR07's running froyo Android 2.2.

FWIW
                  This release *STILL* doesn't fix the app exiting out on Android versions prior to ICS (4.0). This includes the HomeSeer branded and HomeSeer "supported" IWAR07 in-wall Android tablets.

Rich, when are you going to fix this problem that has always existed on these IWAR07s?
                  Steve

Comment

Steve,

Tried to email you but your email is not working, your domain does not exist.

I have had problems trying to re-create this. If you want to help, load "logcat" (its in the play store), on your screen. Then when HSTouch exists, run it and see if you can find a log entry showing an exception from HSTouch. Email me the log entry.

Are you using the standard project, or your own project? If your own, do you have a different background graphic for each screen?

This release *STILL* doesn't fix the app exiting out on Android versions prior to ICS (4.0). This includes the HomeSeer branded and HomeSeer "supported" IWAR07 in-wall Android tablets.

Rich, when are you going to fix this problem that has always existed on these IWAR07s?

Comment

Are you and Steve talking about a problem exiting HSTouch or having HSTouch exit on it's own? If the latter, I also am suffering from this and having to reload HSTouch every two or three days with my INWAR07.
                      Don

Comment

Re: HSTouch Android Client 1.0.0.76

Steve,

Tried to email you but your email is not working, your domain does not exist.

I have had problems trying to re-create this. If you want to help, load "logcat" (its in the play store), on your screen. Then when HSTouch exists, run it and see if you can find a log entry showing an exception from HSTouch. Email me the log entry.

Are you using the standard project, or your own project? If your own, do you have a different background graphic for each screen?
                        Rich - yes, it's the default project. I'll load up logcat to see if it can be of any help. BTW I start the app and bring up the weather screen and let it sit.

As for my email, would you try it again? I'm not aware of any problems.

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                        Are you and Steve talking about a problem exiting HSTouch or having HSTouch exit on it's own? If the latter, I also am suffering from this and having to reload HSTouch every two or three days with my INWAR07.
                        Don, yes it's exiting on its own without any warning and I haven't done anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
                        Steve

Comment

Re: HSTouch Android Client 1.0.0.76

Rich - yes, it's the default project. I'll load up logcat to see if it can be of any help. BTW I start the app and bring up the weather screen and let it sit...
                          I might also mention that even just leaving it sit on the main screen it will exit. Before 1.0.55 it lasted about 36 hours. Then with 1.0.55 or 1.0.56 it would last about 3 1/2 days.

Steve

Comment

I might also mention that even just leaving it sit on the main screen it will exit. Before 1.0.55 it lasted about 36 hours. Then with 1.0.55 or 1.0.56 it would last about 3 1/2 days.

I began experiencing this around v32 (summer 2012.)

It seems there is a memory leak in HS Touch.

I reported this to Rich in Nov 2012 and provided CatLog data:
                            Code:
                            20:37:23.230 E/AndroidRuntime(13299): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-25 11-24
                            20:37:23.230 E/AndroidRuntime(13299): java.lang.OutOfMemoryError 11-24
                            20:37:23.230 E/AndroidRuntime(13299): at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:468) 11-24
                            20:37:23.230 E/AndroidRuntime(13299): at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:443) 11-24
                            20:37:23.230 E/AndroidRuntime(13299): at com.homeseer.hstouch.TCP.HandleInput(TCP.java:302) 11-24
                            20:37:23.230 E/AndroidRuntime(13299): at com.homeseer.hstouch.TCP.access$1(TCP.java:300) 11-24
                            20:37:23.230 E/AndroidRuntime(13299): at com.homeseer.hstouch.TCP$1.run(TCP.java:197) 11-24
                            20:37:23.230 W/ActivityManager(987): Force finishing activity com.homeseer.hstouch/.ScreenActivity 11-24
                            20:37:23.732 W/ActivityManager(987): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{4a632df8 com.homeseer.hstouch/.ScreenActivity} 11-24
                            20:37:34.200 W/ActivityManager(987): Activity destroy timeout for HistoryRecord{4a632df8 com.homeseer.hstouch/.ScreenActivity} 11-24
                            20:38:29.632 D/WifiService(987): ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED pluggedType: 1 11-24
                            20:38:39.630 D/WifiService(987): ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED pluggedType: 1 11-24
                            20:39:19.640 D/WifiService(987): ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED pluggedType: 1 11-24
                            20:41:19.640 D/WifiService(987): ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED pluggedType: 1 11-24
                            20:41:29.640 D/WifiService(987): ACTION_BATTERY_CHANGED pluggedType: 1 11-24
                            20:42:23.333 I/ActivityManager(987): Process com.homeseer.hstouch (pid 13299) has died. 11-24
                            20:42:23.333 I/WindowManager(987): WIN DEATH: Window{4a516fa0 com.homeseer.hstouch/com.homeseer.hstouch.ScreenActivity paused=false}
                            Rich acknowledged the issue:
                            Code:
                            -----Original Message-----
                            Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 7:23 AM
                            To: 'Mark Fisher'
                            Subject: RE: HS Touch Android v1.41 crashing

I am still looking into this, but I see the error also and know where its happening.

-Rich
                            Link to bug report in Bugzilla: Bug 839 - Frequent crashing due to memory leak - avg uptime 3 days
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

This new version FC's on anything that is not 800x480, which is what my project is built on.

Also, still seems to FC on 800x480 tablets when there is a longer delay to show a screen and then a new screen is selected. When screens pop up fast, you can switch between them.

1gig of Ram, dual core tablet, 8gig of storage.
                              Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Working...
                              X