HomeSeer and Echo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer and Echo

I believe I need two programs in the Alexa app to be able to say "Alexa,tell HomeSeer to Unlock front door". Alex says I need to upgrade to a higher version of something. I have no issues with Alex finding my devices and turning switches off and on.

How do I know if I have the HomeSeer Automation whatever. I do have the HomeSeer skill installed.

Thanks,

AARPaul

There are two skills to choice from, and most use both. One is the "HomeSeer Home Automation Skill" that you say "Alexa, tell HomeSeer.....", and the other is the HomeSeer one that finds the devices that you enable voice control to.

For the first one you need HS version 3.0.0.225 or higher. I don't think with the other one that the version matters.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
      There are two skills to choice from, and most use both. One is the "HomeSeer Home Automation Skill" that you say "Alexa, tell HomeSeer.....", and the other is the HomeSeer one that finds the devices that you enable voice control to.

For the first one you need HS version 3.0.0.225 or higher. I don't think with the other one that the version matters.
      I have HS3 Standard (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.297. Where do I find "HomeSeer Home Automation Skill". It does not show when I do a search on the Alexa app.

Thanks,

AARPaul

Comment

What country do you live in? The homeseer skill is only available in the US at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
          What country do you live in? The homeseer skill is only available in the US at the moment.
          I'm in the US.........

Comment

Originally posted by pmp350 View Post
            I have HS3 Standard (SEL) Edition 3.0.0.297. Where do I find "HomeSeer Home Automation Skill". It does not show when I do a search on the Alexa app.

Thanks,

AARPaul
            They both show up under Skills>Smarthome.

Comment

Found it!!

Thanks everyone!!

Comment

Working...
              X