Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Never thought of that.

I'll give that a shot tonight, see how that works out.

Do you think there is a specific amount of time "delay" that is needed to give the scripts extra time to finish what they are doing? Just in case I end up calling one macro, then another too quickly? If you are not sure, I'll just play until I find something.

Thanks!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Jon,

Is there any real advantage to running clientStatus vs just running networkStatus? If you are already hitting the network, seems like pinging for clients as well is a bit overkill.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Clientstatus shows you if the client is running on the remote PC, which is not the same as if the PC is running. It just gives you a visual indication that all is OK. As stated in the docs, not necessary at all for remote control functionality.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
          Jon,

Is there any real advantage to running clientStatus vs just running networkStatus? If you are already hitting the network, seems like pinging for clients as well is a bit overkill.

--Dan
          There is a big reason, and the main reason I use this.

I have a dedicated computer running GeoVision, however my GeoVision card is shot and every day or so will freeze the PC. If you are pinging a frozen PC it will respond to pings, however if the PC freezes then so does Jon00's client, putting it off line. I am using the word freeze in a loose sence, basically mem goes so high and can not free it'self that nothing responds and senarios like that.

Therefore I would say it is not overkill and plus all the other things you can use it for such as remotly shutting down a PC and so on.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Another example is that you can also install multiple clients and use this to determine who is using the PC. This is done by running a particular client via the user account. Useful if you have a communal PC.
            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Just installed this and think its fantastic!

Network Monitor is work beautifully but I've got a prob with controlling a client and hope you can help.

Right clicking on the systray icon on the client PC (Win 7 32Bit) and running a command/macro works fine so it seems to have installed correctly. Unfortunately running a command/macro from my HS PC (Win 7 64bit) does not work. I do however get this in my HS Log.

21/01/2012 22:53:48 - Jon00_RCCNM - [Device4] Client response: OK

Here's my Jon00RCCNM config for the client ....

[Device4]
              Housecode="N4"
              Name="Media Centre PC - Living Room"
              Type=
              IPAddress="192.168.0.15"
              MACAddress="xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx"
              Pagecheckstring=
              HostRes="1"
              Port=
              PingTimeout=250
              VDButtons="1,2,3,4,5,+11,6,7,8,+9,10"
              Iconset=31
              UseClient=1
              ClientHousecode="R4"
              ClientPort=8004
              ClientVDButtons="2,3,4,5,+11,6,7,8,+9,10"
              ClientPingCheck="1"

Here's the settings file on the client ...

Port=8004
              Trayicon=1
              IPAddress=192.168.0.2
              Dynamicdns=
              Voice=0
              voicerate=0
              voicevol=100
              Macro1title=

Also ..... the icon is 'Green' for Device R4 when I look in the Device view in HS

I also have a Device R1 whici is the client installed on the PC running HS. This is also green and the commands/macros work perfectly using Port 8001

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Comment

Remove the 192.168.0.2 from the client IP Address and see if that works.

If you are running the latest version, you should also remove:

ClientPingCheck="1" as it is no longer needed.
                Jon

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm not sure what happened as I had a few hiccups, I think my Modem/Router is playing up.

Just managed to turn the screen off and mute the sound. Excellent. Thank you!
                  Last edited by Martin E; January 21, 2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Martin,

Good stuff...

Would you let me know the version of the script you are using?

You will find this in the Jon00RCCNM.ini under [Version]
                    Jon

Comment

Jon,

I'm using Version 1.10.1

Cheers

Comment

I would suggest you upgrade to the latest version. For one, it is much faster. I think you will like the new features too!
                        Jon

Comment

Jon,

sorry that this is long, I've been trying quite a few things to try to make sure that I understand the issues, and want to try to explain what I've done/details to help you understand as well.

I've been messing with this for a while now, I've just NOT been able to make this consistent.

I started out basic, and as we had previously discussed, I've got many scripts, that do many things, and a few that are just dumb "send a keystroke".

I converted a few over to macros, as tests, and as per your recommendations (thank you).

So, for the sake of this, I have a play/pause event that sends just a spacebar press.

WITHOUT your software, i.e. getting up and using the keyboard, when using a media player program (VLC), a single press toggles play/pause. When using Netflix, I usually have to press spacebar twice the first time a movie is started. As such, to test this, I ONLY tested with VLC, to ensure I was seeing either MISSED spaces, or missed commands.

Also, to eliminate RF issues, I used my IPOD and setup an HS event trigger button in HSTouch. I had a counter variable that incremented each time I the play/pause event triggered. It seems that there are times that if I press play/pause, the event is being fired, but things are seemingly not reaching the client. I determined this by NOT seeing the show get paused, yet the counter incremented and the event log logged that the event was triggered. I also left VLC in the back ground, opened notepad and watched it to see if spaces appear.

When things go wonky, I would run the event a handful of times, then all of a sudden it would "connect" and would execute EVERY time.

Could it be that my server has "multiple" NICS? I run a few VirtualBoxes on my server. I can see about shutting those down for a test if you think it's worth it.

Anything that I converted to macros seems to behave better. Prior to this, they would not run at ALL. Now, they seem to work 1/3 times. And if they do run, only 1/2 the time do they complete.

For instance, I have one event that will check to see if VLC is running, if it is NOT, move the mouse, check the color of the pixels below, then do a series of things (which is now setup in a macro). I find (based on logging / added debug writes to the log) that I can not seem to make the script wait, or that things are being lost on my network. I now sometimes see N/A as a response, instead of 0:0 or 1:1 in response to checking if vlc.exe is running. I've NEVER seen that before.

Do you think you can provide any guidance? I know sometimes accessing a networked drive (to this server) seems unusually slow recently...but after it is opened everything is fine. I'm somewhat suspicious of my virtual machines causing a strange problem...or maybe one of them.

--Dan

Comment

Dan,

Difficult to advise here.

If you set ClientConnectMode=1 then the latest version will use the old code from previous versions. If there are still connection issues using that then it has to point to your network issues?

I appreciate it is not so fast but at least it may help identify where the problem lies.
                            Jon

Comment

I tried to install this and I get the following error:

1/24/2012 10:54:52 PM Jon00_RCCNM Error in ASPX function - Block 8: (Value cannot be null.Parameter name: Argument 'Array' is Nothing.)
                              1/24/2012 10:54:52 PM Jon00_RCCNM Error in ASPX function - Block 7: (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
                              1/24/2012 10:54:52 PM Jon00_RCCNM Error - Cannot find ARP.EXE

Nothing shows up in the table on the aspx page.

Comment

Please see the Q & A section in the documentation about this error.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X