Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of available HSTouch Server "client actions"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of available HSTouch Server "client actions"?

I've searched the main help file and the forums, but can't find a list of the available HSTouch Server "client actions" that could be used in this scripting function:

plug.ClientAction(89,"Android:Android7",".38","")

I know the 89 controls backlight dimming, but are there other functions?

Is there an HSTouch help file somewhere?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Fred
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

This might help. Don't know how current or if they only apply to HS2.

The parameters are:

1) Action number, listed below
    2) The client to send the action to like: Android:Android (name:instance)
    3) parm1
    4) parm2

parm1 and parm2 are parameters required for the action, for example action number 89 is set screen brightness so parm1 would be the brigtness value,
    in this 0->1.

You can get the parameters by looking at the action in the designer when you add an action.

Here are the action numbers:

Control_Select = 10
    Control_Deselect = 20
    Control_TriggerChange = 25
    Control_Activate = 30
    Control_DeActivate = 35
    Control_ActDeActToggle = 37
    Control_AdjustLevelUp = 38
    Control_AdjustLevelDown = 39
    Control_Hide = 40
    Control_Set_Filter = 41
    Control_Set_Image_Norm = 42
    Control_Set_URL_Norm = 43
    Control_Set_RSS_Index = 44
    Control_Set_Text = 45
    Control_Next_RSS_Index = 46
    Control_Set_Alpha = 47
    Control_UnHide = 50
    Control_Disable = 51
    Control_Enable = 52
    Control_Append_Text = 53
    Control_Clear_Text = 54
    Device_Control = 55
    Device_Control_With_Element = 56
    Trigger_Event = 57
    Run_Script_With_Parms = 58
    Device_Set_Selector_Back = 59
    Screen_Show_Only = 60
    Events_Set_Selector_Back = 61
    Device_Set_Selector_Mode = 62
    Screen_Show_Also = 70
    Screen_Show_Also_Modal = 71
    Screen_Close = 80
    Application_Exit = 81
    Launch_Application = 82
    MinimizeApp = 83
    ScreenBrightness = 89
    Pause_Wait = 90
    Play_WAV = 100
    Set_Volume = 101
    Music_PlaySelection = 110
    Music_Set_Selector_Mode = 111
    Music_Mute_On = 112
    Music_Set_Selector_Back = 113
    Music_Mute_Off = 114
    Music_Shuffle_Shuffle = 116
    Music_Shuffle_Order = 118
    Music_Shuffle_Sort = 120
    Music_Repeat_One = 122
    Music_Repeat_All = 124
    Music_Repeat_Off = 126
    Music_Play = 128
    Music_Pause = 130
    Music_PlayIfPaused = 132
    Music_PauseIfPlaying = 134
    Music_TogglePlayPause = 135
    Music_Stop = 136
    Music_Next_Track = 138
    Music_Prev_Track = 140
    Music_Add_Track_To_Playlist = 141
    Music_Volume_Up = 142
    Music_Volume_Down = 144
    Music_SkipToTrack = 146
    Therm_Set_Heat_Setpoint = 147
    Therm_Set_Cool_Setpoint = 148
    Therm_Set_Mode = 149
    Therm_Set_Fan = 150
    Therm_Raise_Lower_Cool_Setpoint = 151
    Therm_Raise_Lower_Heat_Setpoint = 153
    Therm_Set_Hold = 155
    Therm_Next_Mode = 156
    Therm_Next_Fan = 157
    Therm_Raise_Lower_Setpoint = 158
    Don

Comment

Thanks, Don!! That's exactly what I needed.

I also need to get in the habit of specifying HS2 or HS3.
      HS2 is what I'm using.

Fred
      Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Fred:

What touchscreen are you using? I have been trying to get the dim function to work with my 1st Gen HST wall touchscreen. Using the value '1' turns it on, but .1 to .9 turns the display completely off, and when I reset the display to '1' the touchscreen comes on but nothing works on it.
        Don

Comment

Don,

It's the new HS WFTT07. I'm thinking that the backlight response to the dim commands varies by device. On mine, anything from 1% to 37% results in the backlight turning off. Also, using a value of zero just locks up the HSTouch client and requires a restart of HST. 38% is the lowest dim level I can achieve. That's still too bright to use at night in the bedroom, so I created a "toggle" script to switch it between off and dim at a touch.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=80
          With that issue out of the way, I'm really liking the unit.

On a totally different subject, do you know of any way to control the local android-client music player using HSTouch? All the stuff I've tried in Designer does the playing on the HS server, not the Android device. I've also tried several of the Android "go to sleep to music" apps, but they require going to the app, selecting the action, starting the play, etc. What I'd really like is to just create a single button in HS2 that would, on the Android device only, do a shuffle-play from a playlist for 60 minutes, then shut down the app.

Fred
          Fred

Comment

Manual for HS Touch

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
            I've searched the main help file and the forums, but can't find a list of the available HSTouch Server "client actions" that could be used in this scripting function:

plug.ClientAction(89,"Android:Android7",".38","")

I know the 89 controls backlight dimming, but are there other functions?

Is there an HSTouch help file somewhere?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Fred
            Where can I find a manual for HS Touch? I looked in downloads and did not find. Just release notes.

Comment

I was afraid of that. I'm thinking my touchscreen is kind of a turkey.

You ask a really interesting question concerning the music player.... I've never tried to output music to a certain client. Seems possible if you can redirect TTS to any client. You might run that by Bob aka 'Blade'. He has some plugins that might do that.

Don,

It's the new HS WFTT07. I'm thinking that the backlight response to the dim commands varies by device. On mine, anything from 1% to 37% results in the backlight turning off. Also, using a value of zero just locks up the HSTouch client and requires a restart of HST. 38% is the lowest dim level I can achieve. That's still too bright to use at night in the bedroom, so I created a "toggle" script to switch it between off and dim at a touch.
              http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=80
              With that issue out of the way, I'm really liking the unit.

On a totally different subject, do you know of any way to control the local android-client music player using HSTouch? All the stuff I've tried in Designer does the playing on the HS server, not the Android device. I've also tried several of the Android "go to sleep to music" apps, but they require going to the app, selecting the action, starting the play, etc. What I'd really like is to just create a single button in HS2 that would, on the Android device only, do a shuffle-play from a playlist for 60 minutes, then shut down the app.

Fred
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                I've never tried to output music to a certain client. Seems possible if you can redirect TTS to any client.
                Hmmm... interesting idea. What I was really thinking was to have music files that reside on the client...play on the client using a player that resides on the client, preferably without any involvement from the server [except maybe to get the process started]. But the streaming idea is interesting, too!

Fred
                Fred

Comment

Originally posted by scotthpdx View Post
                  Where can I find a manual for HS Touch? I looked in downloads and did not find. Just release notes.
                  The help files in the HSTouch Designer are the best place to look for this information.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    The help files in the HSTouch Designer are the best place to look for this information.
                    Yes, but they are really out of date and don't cover all of the parameters, point in case:

Public Sub ClientAction(ByVal action_type As Integer, ByVal destination As String, ByVal parm1 As String, ByVal parm2 As String)
                    Force an action to be executed on a specific client or all clients

action_type: This is number that is the type of action to execute. Supported action numbers are listed below
                    60 = Display a screen by itself. Parameter 1 is the screen name to display.
                    70 = Display a screen on top of another screen. Parameter 1 is the screen name.
                    43 = Set the URL property of an element. Parameter 1 is the element name in the format (screen:element). Parameter 2 is the URL that is to be set to the element.
                    30 = Simulate a press of an element. Parameter 1 is the element name in the format (screen:element).
                    35 = Simulate a release of an element. Parameter 1 is the element name in the format (screen:element).

destination: This is the client that is to execute the action. The client name is in the format (host:name) and an empty string indicates all clients.

parm1: The first parameter for the action such as the element or screen name. See the action types above for parameter values.

parm2: The second parameter for the action such as the element name. See the action types above for parameter values.
                    It would be nice to have an actual list of what's available to be worked with. I were not for this post, I would not know about all of the available parameters for this call. And now I suppose they are going to change due to HS3?

Sorry for chiming in but OP has a very valid point.
                    -Skybolt

Comment

A

Fred, you should be able to play music from an SD card in the background and bring HSTouch back to use. I tried this last night streaming from amazon and I could switch between apps and everything worked fine, my guess would be a playlist that is set not to repeat.
                      By the way your toggle for the screen works great.

John

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
                        Fred, you should be able to play music from an SD card in the background and bring HSTouch back to use. I tried this last night streaming from amazon and I could switch between apps and everything worked fine, my guess would be a playlist that is set not to repeat.
                        By the way your toggle for the screen works great.

John
                        Yes, I can start another app, then switch back to HST. But the other apps are a pain to see with these "older" eyes! Maybe I can find one that supports passing parameters to tell it what to do [like the old "command line" option in Windows]. On my old Motion Windows XP client, I had set up a one-button deal to start an AutoHotKey script that started WinAmp in the background, selecting a playlist and telling it to play random, waited 60 minutes, then told WinAmp to end at the end of the current song. I was hoping to find some way to duplicate that deal on the WFTT07. [Yeah, I know I'm spoiled! ]

Thanks for the kudo on the toggle. Glad you find it useful.

Fred
                        Fred

Comment

Fred, you should checkout the Android forums to see about the command line options. I think MoBoPlayer supports something close to that. Then just have the client launch an external app and your done.
                          -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                            Fred, you should checkout the Android forums to see about the command line options. I think MoBoPlayer supports something close to that. Then just have the client launch an external app and your done.
                            Looked promising, but says "not compatible with your version". Guess maybe it requires JellyBean? Thanks for the suggestion anyway!!

Fred
                            Fred

Comment

Looked promising, but says "not compatible with your version". ...
                              There has to be a version kicking around that does work, it's been around since way before ginger bread. I just Googled "moboplayer older versions" and found three earlier versions, you'll have to manually load them though, there apk's.

Post back if you need a hand, or let us know how it works out. Good luck!
                              -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                              X