HSTouch Android Client 1.0.0.94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of issues

1) I can't keep a connection via MYHS. It was working rock solid until a few days ago. Now I have to reset via the Setup.Network thing on HS. It will stay alive for awhile and then I can't get back in without doing the Network thing again.

2) I can't seem to switch the client to another connection. No matter which option I choose (I have a WAN and a LAN connection set up) the client still tries to connect via MyHS.

Very frustrating. Used to work with no problems.
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Thanks, Rich

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Fixes in 1.0.0.94:

* Yet another fix for a memory leak...
      I have not had to restart my IWAR7s since I installed .94 on them. As I write this they have been running solid for over "9 Days 10 Hours". Finally the hardware I bought in October 2012 is reliable. (Too bad it took so long, though.)

Thanks for fixing this, Rich!
      Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Rich,

v.92 & v.94 appear to have resolved the memory leak crash issues. I have tested each for 7 days without incident, and while this has not been an exhaustive test of these versions, I'm pretty happy that each stayed up that long without incident. Thank you very, very much for working on this!!

I will, unfortunately, have to move back to v.41 as the following major bugs prevent me from using any of the newer versions in a production environment:
        Bug 1484 - Music device controls broken in v50, v83, v88, v90, v92, v94
        Bug 1483 - Status image buttons not displayed in v50, v83, v88, v90, v92, v94
        Bug 1792 - Element image/color status matching for HS2 broken - v83, v88, v90, v92, v94

I'm looking forward to the resolution of these items so that I can finally have a stable HS Touch interface.

Thank you again for your attention to these issues.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
          ... v.92 & v.94 appear to have resolved the memory leak crash issues. I have tested each for 7 days without incident, and while this has not been an exhaustive test of these versions, ...
          I have to disagree with you. I have three WFTT07 tablets running since last Monday night. One never got used and crashed in 5 days, the screen turned on and HST was not running. Another was not used until Friday night and just now basically crashed when I went to use it. The third one gets used every morning and night, that creashed on Thursday and just now when I went to post his info.

I have to agree with you on the status, as that gets confussed at times and is not consistant.

All along the windows clients I have NEVER crash, the status does get confussed with them at times, which makes me believe that will never get fixed if you are running HS2 becasue it would be on the server side that needs to be fixed, JMO.
          -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
            Rich,

Buttons which trigger events do not act like they are beeing pressed, they trigger the event but the button looks like it is not being pressed.

Specifically I have the normal font color as white and the font size is 12, the pressed color as black and and font size is 10. I have custom buttons that look the same pressed or normal, so the font change is the only way to see the press. In this version you cannot see the font size or color change when pressed, but the event triggers. This worked fine in .77.
            I too have this same experience with buttons. I am on .94 - Pressing them does activate my event - but the "Font Pressed" isn't shown - it's the same as Font Normal.
            Also - "Honor all Releases" set to FALSE doesn't work. I am running HS2. I cleared data, uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result.

Comment

I just wanted to report that on a Viewsonic gTablet (running a VeganTab 2.2 ROM) v94 has now been running for 2 weeks without a crash. I was previously testing this by just letting the unit sit (not being used) but have now been using it daily for the past week. Still no crash!

For those of you that continue to have crash issues, if you have not yet done so, please subscribe to Bug 839 in Bugzilla and add your comments and observations there in addition to this thread. HS Tech has stated on numerous occasions that the forum is not monitored and Bugzilla is the official communication channel for bugs. This will go a long way in helping to keep the attention on this issue.
              Best regards,
              -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
              Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Still force closing when the template resolution and the device resolution do not match EXACTLY. Auto scale does not work either. It will load but once you click a button, it will crash.
                Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I think we all need to re-register the bugzilla bugs and maybe Rich will take notice. He thinks things are working just fine.
                  -Skybolt

Comment

I know the default project is working fine, I am not assuming there are no issues with custom projects. You can help by running logcat and adding any exception message you see to the bugzilla ticket. A huge help would be if you can create a simple one page project that shows the problem so I can easily re-create.

I think we all need to re-register the bugzilla bugs and maybe Rich will take notice. He thinks things are working just fine.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      I know the default project is working fine, I am not assuming there are no issues with custom projects. You can help by running logcat and adding any exception message you see to the bugzilla ticket. A huge help would be if you can create a simple one page project that shows the problem so I can easily re-create.
                      I absolutely can do just that Rich, thanks for offering that up. I will try and do that tonight, if not, it will have to be after the holiday weekend, I will be out of town starting tomorrow and back on Tuesday.

The problems I see are with X10 and Insteon with regard to status tracking, it seems once the status gets out of sync the app has to be re-started to fix. Also if the app sits for a while, like over night, when it goes to talk to HS it will crash and have to be restarted, this does not happen as often as it did before you worked on the "Memory Leak" issues, but a few times a week opposed to every day. I will create a simple one page screen with a few buttons to help demo.

One question, how do I setup LogCat for HSTouch, I thought that was only for developing and tracing remotely?
                      -Skybolt

Comment

Logcat is in the play store, its free. Just install it and when the hstouch app force quits, run logcat and you should see the exception. Note that if you do not catch the crash you may not see the log entry as the log entries rotate and Android logs alot of its own stuff so it fills quickly.

I absolutely can do just that Rich, thanks for offering that up. I will try and do that tonight, if not, it will have to be after the holiday weekend, I will be out of town starting tomorrow and back on Tuesday.

The problems I see are with X10 and Insteon with regard to status tracking, it seems once the status gets out of sync the app has to be re-started to fix. Also if the app sits for a while, like over night, when it goes to talk to HS it will crash and have to be restarted, this does not happen as often as it did before you worked on the "Memory Leak" issues, but a few times a week opposed to every day. I will create a simple one page screen with a few buttons to help demo.

One question, how do I setup LogCat for HSTouch, I thought that was only for developing and tracing remotely?
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich, the crash does NOT log in logcat. I have tried SEVERAL times to catch the crash and it does not. Do you have a development build that has logging on? Perhaps we can use that.

I emailed you the project once per your request, direct to your email, but never heard back from you.
                          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I absolutely can do just that Rich, thanks for offering that up. I will try and do that tonight, if not, it will have to be after the holiday weekend, I will be out of town starting tomorrow and back on Tuesday. ...
                            Rich, I'll have to get to this next week, and will update bugzilla when I return. Thanks again.
                            -Skybolt

Comment

Rich, I'll have to get to this next week, and will update bugzilla when I return. Thanks again.
                              Rich, sorry it took so long. I could not find my original Bug report so I opened a new one, Bugzilla – Bug 2071. I included the trimmed down project file as well as logcat captures of the client crashing.

Thanks again.
                              -Skybolt

Comment

Rich,

I know there is a lot of chatter on the boards lately, but I wanted to take a minute and say thanks. I know that you can't please everyone all the time, and there are things that I find annoying or would like addressed, but you are working on things and trying to fix what you can.

I wanted to say I appreciate the effort and wanted to say thanks!

--Dan
                                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X