Messed-up Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messed-up Installation

Hi - I'm moving my HS setup to a new computer and have followed the 'How-To' with (mostly) success. However, I think I have messed up the installation of HS Squeezebox Plugin - which was working on the old setup.

The HS end of things seems to be working OK: HS has found the SB players and created new devices.

But I'm having difficulty locating the LMS Plugin: there is nothing in \HS2 installation\html\Squeezebox apart from lots of cover art and HS-2.3.0.zip. When I try to point to this folder and repo.xml from LMS as a repository it brings up an error message. I need to mention that HS and LMS are on separate computers but everything has worked fine for several years.

I fear that I have messed things up by copying files from my old setup rather than doing a clean install of your Pluginin.

Do you have any suggestions? Should I remove everything and start from scratch? Or can I add/delete some files and put things right this way?

Chris
    Last edited by ThirdSectorMan; December 15, 2014, 08:21 PM.

The zip file you mention contains the LMS plugin. From LMS you point to the squeezebox repo URL (not at computer so can get specific URL but should be accessible from hs2 web pages for this plugin) and not directly to the HTML folder. If you have not changed the LMS setup the plugin should still be there but you might have to update its settings to point to the new computer.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply. I feel I'm getting closer, but not quite there yet. In LMS settings, when I enter the location of the repository I type:

http://192.168.1.202:9502/SqueezeBox/repo.xml

which is correct for my setup. I get the message:

Bad repository http://192.168.1.202:9502/SqueezeBox/repo.xml - Error reading headers: Bad header: '
      Bad Request: /SqueezeBox/repo.xml
      ' ...propagated at /Net/HTTP/NB.pm line 32.

I think that my zip file HS2-2.3.0.zip might be a hangover from my old installation and might be incomplete or corrupt. It contains a single folder named HS2 which contains folders HTML and lib plus install.xml and strings.txt.

From my original install, several years ago, I vaguely remember 2 separate folders, one for the HS plugin and one for the LMS plugin.

Is this the problem, do you think?

Comment

Try entering the URL in a browser. I need to check but don't think at that time it will look at the content of the zip. only generate an HTTP response fro the request. The content if I recall is only inspected by LMS when it downloads the file.

Comment

Hi - here's what I get from the URL (attached). Hope it makes some sense!
          Attached Files

Comment

I just tried on my system with the plugin version 2.3.0.6. When I enter the URL http://hs2/squeezebox/repo.xml in a browser I get the xml as in the attached screenshot (You have to show the source of the html page) and I have the zip file HS2-2.3.0.zip in {HS2_INSTALL}/html/SqueezeBox

Check the sources of the web page and se that you get something similar. Have you considered reinstalling the plugin? You should have the installatioon in {HS2_INSALLATION}/Updates2/SqueezeBox2.3.0.6/setup.exe.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by pcp; December 18, 2014, 06:44 PM. Reason: Using screenshot for XML since html viewer dies bit show it correctly

Comment

Working...
            X