X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor 2842-222 Questions

UPDATE

I just read another thread about a motion detector and I think Problem 1 below is just normal behavior. Please keep reading about Problem 2.

----------------------

I just installed an Insteon Motion detector Model 2842-222 with the Mark Sandler plugin in HS3.

It installed pretty easy and the motion detection is VERY quick. I have had very bad luck with a z-wave sensor (DBS-05) and have been tempted to put it in the trash.

PROBLEM 1

The light detection does not seem to work as expected. I have played with the trigger level setting inside of the case and sometimes I can have gotten an update on the Device but generally it just does not seem to send any trigger for dark or light. Is it supposed to send a trigger?

I do see when I go to the Insteon Plug In and select Mange Devices then select the Dusk/Dawn device it shows a value for current light level that does seem to change based on the light level AFTER getting a motion detection.

PROBLEM 2

I am seeing what looks almost like a duplicate entry in the log file for a motion trigger. There are always 2 ON messages in the log that are the same time or 1 second apart. When the device timeout expires there are two OFF messages in the log.

I have attached an event to the motion detection and it only fires once. I do NOT have the setting on the event that only a single instance can run simultaneously.

Curious.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by mstrickland; December 17, 2014, 09:26 PM.

The insteon protocol transmits redundant msgs to increase reliability. if you look at a detailed log of the msgs you will probably see a little difference in the details of the msgs.

That said, the plugin only processes the initial msg and ignores the dup msg if the dup arrives within 1 sec of the first msg.

hope this helps.

I don't typically monitor this forum. In the future, please post questions about my plugin in the following forum.
    http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=792
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X