X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VikingBlod View Post
    Advice Please.

I have a number of Insteon, and still have some X10 devices.. My Thermostat is X10. Most of the Insteon devices are the first iteration and I am now looking to replace 5 of them as they have failed in some way.

So far I have been controlling everything with X10 with some success as some of the devices don't respond anymore to HomeSeer. Currently I am using a x10 Powerlinc to interface with.

In addition to replacing the switches I have decided to upgrade the HomeSeer interface to Insteon with hopes that HomeSeer will now see all the devices and be able to control them.

After reading most of the posts in this thread and some comments on the SmartHome reviews is the Insteon Hub the way to go? Or should I just purchase one of the other supported interfaces?

The Insteon Hub is a very new controller and is expected to evolve over the next year. There will be a new version out this summer as it stands.

If you want something stable and tested, I would go with a 2413. If you like to be on the cutting edge, the hub is the way to go.

You'll have to see how the control of the x10 tstat goes after you get insteon going.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Advice Please.

I have a number of Insteon, and still have some X10 devices.. My Thermostat is X10. Most of the Insteon devices are the first iteration and I am now looking to replace 5 of them as they have failed in some way.

So far I have been controlling everything with X10 with some success as some of the devices don't respond anymore to HomeSeer. Currently I am using a x10 Powerlinc to interface with.

In addition to replacing the switches I have decided to upgrade the HomeSeer interface to Insteon with hopes that HomeSeer will now see all the devices and be able to control them.

After reading most of the posts in this thread and some comments on the SmartHome reviews is the Insteon Hub the way to go? Or should I just purchase one of the other supported interfaces?
      I saw you email, but i can't respond; you have email disabled in the forum. No big deal, I prefer to keep these discussions in the forum.

Anyways...the 2412N is not supported. the Hub is basically the next gen smartlinc (2412n) so i wouldn't bother with the 2412n.

please post the link where you saw that the 2412n is supported here, i need to correct that.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

Does the plugin only support the Insteon Hub, or does it also support the 2412N. It's not clear to me what the real differences are between the two units other than the price.

Is your plugin available in the updater for this?

Comment

Mark,

Does the plugin only support the Insteon Hub, or does it also support the 2412N. It's not clear to me what the real differences are between the two units other than the price.

Is your plugin available in the updater for this?
          No the 2412N isn't supported but the old 2412s and 2412u are. The 2412N is similar to the insteon hub, but its internal workings were never made avail to us developers so I can't support it.

i don't think there is a lot of difference between the 2412N and the Hub, but i wouldn't spend money on the 2412N at this point. The Hub is the future if you want homeseer and a network based insteon controller.

yes, 1.7.3.1 is avail on the updater; there are newer betas avail on the forum. Can't remember if 1.7.3.1 supports the Hub.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark, I have been a long time HomeSeer user (back when it cost $29.95) but hadn't posted anything in years so had to re-register. But, had problems posting to the thread.

My reference to the 2412N was likely my mis-interpretation of comments in the early part of the thread.

Looks like the hub is the way to go.

Thanks Neil.

Comment

The hub swap is underway in the US! i got the email below today and called and got my replacement going. While this episode might have caused a temporary chink in the insteon armor, they came through and lived up to the image of insteon as a product.

Its not about problems themselves, it about commitment and how the problems are dealt with:

<table style="WIDTH: 100%" id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2079" class="yiv0725395394MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2078"> <tr id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2077"> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2076"> April 15, 2013

Dear INSTEON Hub Customer,
              As you know, a new INSTEON Hub has been undergoing hardware testing to add full dual-band support, enhanced security and improved device communication. In addition, our software team has been making major improvements to the mobile applications including enhanced stability and additional features.
              We are happy to announce that after an extensive review process, the new INSTEON Hub has completed testing and we will begin distributing the new Hubs as inventory becomes available.
              You may have noticed an update to the mobile application is now available. We encourage you to update your App and start experiencing some of the new features that have been added while you await your new INSTEON Hub.
              To receive your new INSTEON Hub, please select from one of the two options listed below:
              </td></tr> <tr id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2167"> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2166"> <table style="WIDTH: 100%" id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2165" class="yiv0725395394MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2164"> <tr> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; WIDTH: 13%; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" valign="top" width="13%"> Option 1:
              </td> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; WIDTH: 87%; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" valign="top" width="87%"> Receive a new Hub with a different INSTEON ID which will require you to setup your home from scratch.Recommended for customers who have simpler setups and who wish to receive their new Hub as quickly as possible.
              </td></tr> <tr> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" valign="top"> Option 2:
              </td> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" valign="top"> Recommended for customers who have complex setups. Please note that special processing is required to enable the migration assistant and will delay the shipment of your new Hub.
              </td></tr> <tr id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2172"> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2171" colspan="2" valign="top"> Please contact our customer service team and let us know which option you would like. A fully-refundable deposit will need to be placed before we ship your new INSTEON Hub. When your original Hub is returned within 30 days of shipment, you will receive a refund for your full deposit.
              </td></tr> <tr id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2163"> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2162" colspan="2" valign="top">
              <table class="yiv0725395394MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; WIDTH: 37.5pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" width="50">
              </td> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in"> Please call us to order your new Hub
              1-800-762-7846
              </td></tr></tbody></table>
              </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2158"> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in" id="yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2157"> Thank you very much for your continued support of INSTEON.
              Sincerely,
              The INSTEON Team

</td></tr></tbody></table>
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                The hub swap is underway in the US! i got the email below today and called and got my replacement going. While this episode might have caused a temporary chink in the insteon armor, they came through and lived up to the image of insteon as a product.

Its not about problems themselves, it about commitment and how the problems are dealt with:

<TABLE id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2079 class=yiv0725395394MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2078><TR id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2077><TD id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2076 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in">April 15, 2013

Dear INSTEON Hub Customer,
                As you know, a new INSTEON Hub has been undergoing hardware testing to add full dual-band support, enhanced security and improved device communication. In addition, our software team has been making major improvements to the mobile applications including enhanced stability and additional features.
                We are happy to announce that after an extensive review process, the new INSTEON Hub has completed testing and we will begin distributing the new Hubs as inventory becomes available.
                You may have noticed an update to the mobile application is now available. We encourage you to update your App and start experiencing some of the new features that have been added while you await your new INSTEON Hub.
                To receive your new INSTEON Hub, please select from one of the two options listed below:

</TD></TR><TR id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2167><TD id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2166 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in"><TABLE id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2165 class=yiv0725395394MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2164><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; WIDTH: 13%" vAlign=top width="13%">Option 1:

</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; WIDTH: 87%" vAlign=top width="87%">Receive a new Hub with a different INSTEON ID which will require you to setup your home from scratch.Recommended for customers who have simpler setups and who wish to receive their new Hub as quickly as possible.

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in" vAlign=top>Option 2:

</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in" vAlign=top>

Recommended for customers who have complex setups. Please note that special processing is required to enable the migration assistant and will delay the shipment of your new Hub.

</TD></TR><TR id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2172><TD id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2171 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in" vAlign=top colSpan=2>Please contact our customer service team and let us know which option you would like. A fully-refundable deposit will need to be placed before we ship your new INSTEON Hub. When your original Hub is returned within 30 days of shipment, you will receive a refund for your full deposit.

</TD></TR><TR id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2163><TD id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2162 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in" vAlign=top colSpan=2>
                <TABLE class=yiv0725395394MsoNormalTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; WIDTH: 37.5pt" width=50>

</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in">Please call us to order your new Hub
                1-800-762-7846

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2158><TD id=yui_3_7_2_1_1366066384748_2157 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-TOP: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in">Thank you very much for your continued support of INSTEON.
                Sincerely,
                The INSTEON Team

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Just hope this also applies north of the border...

Comment

It will. Yours will be the same power form / model. They are most likely doing it in phases. The note wasn't specific on the other power forms (EU, etc). Keep an eye out for the email.

They also have an option to have your current PLM Insteon address pre-burned into the unit. It takes longer, they couldn't say how much longer. I went with this option at this point as I am working, and will take the enhancements when they get them to me without having to plm swap again.

Paul
                  Paul

Comment

Maybe not?

Here in Canada I deal with Aartech, avoiding the duty & export process. They just told me that only a subset of Insteon hubs would be replaced. Apparently, the initial batch was ok but then they made a minor change that triggered a new problem, which was later corrected.

Your March 6th post seems to contradict what I was told. I fear this may yet be another "different for Canada" situation.

Bottom line is I want those enhancements
                    - Dual-band communication
                    - More robust and stable connectivity
                    - Security enhancements
                    - Increased powerline signal strength

I'm contacting SmartHome now to see what they have to say.

Comment

I have to give smarthome credit for being loyal to customers that are loyal to their products. I have gotten replacements for things that were bought through a 3rd party before.

I would call Smarthome's 800 number, take the RMA option and tell them that you are getting a replacement hub (don't ask if its ok, don't explain you're in Canada, etc). They might bring up that you bought it through Aartech when they try to look you up, in which case I would say "I was an early adaptor who paid upfront and had the same problems as everyone else." If you make the case assertively but nicely, I believe that they will take care of you. If you get push back then I would say you're not happy with how Aartech is handling it, again you jumped in and paid as an eary adopter and deserve dual band, more power, etc.

Its worth a try, all they can do is say no.

Look at the email in my early post and be ready for what option you want, I went with the longer time option 2 that gives me my current Hub insteon id so it will be pretty much plug and chug. I might have to reprogram the devices I added direclty to the hub (not homeseer). Not sure if "the cloud" will bring those back.
                      Paul

Comment

Advice Please.

I have a number of Insteon, and still have some X10 devices.. My Thermostat is X10. ....
                        I have 2, 2 way RCS X10 Stats. The 2413 and the hub both control them accurately. The current hub is a tad weaker in signal so I get a few errors from one of my stats with the hub. The errors are from the hub trying to get to the stat, updates from the stat make it to the hub. This stat is on a known noisy circuit in the kitchen.

I've ordered my replacement hub and I am looking for it to resolve this.

Paul
                        Paul

Comment

I contacted SmartHome directly and was told they would look into adding me to their replacement program. I'm still awaiting some confirmation.

Interesting that you would mention the hub's weaker signal compared to the 2413: that's my suspicion as well; there's a reason why the new hub improvements talk about better connectivity and signal.

When you say "errors are from the hub trying to get to the stat", I assume you think the emitting side of the hub is weaker. Hard to say; in my case, doing a poll of all devices from the hub, if any of my known sources of noise are On (desk lamp...), I'll see 5 retries and failure on many devices: is it the device not hearing the poll or the hub not hearing the response from the device?

Either way, it's an issue with the hub: my 2413U did polls without a hitch, with my noise sources On. I'm really counting on dual band to get around this.

Comment

Is anyone dual connecting to the new hub with both Mark's plugin and the SH app? I was able to do this with the original hub. On the new one, the hub was no longer defaulted to port 80, instead it defaults to 25105 which is the SH app port. Not a biggie but when I connected with the SH app I was not able to access the hub via Mark's plugin on port 25105. I was also not able to use a web interface to login to the hub and change settings such as the port number. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

INSTEON Hub 2242‑222 (Updated Dual-Band) Problem

I was contacted by SmartHome and they have since provided an exchange of my INSTEON Hub 2242‑222 with the updated dual-band version. Prior to replacing my original Insteon Hub 2242‑222 with the new one, everything worked fine from within HomeSeer using the Insteon PLM Plugin. The staic IP address assigned to both the original and the new hub is as follows 192.168.1.105:25105.

The following reflects a portion of an error log when attempting to use the new hub with the Insteon Plugin. As you'll see, it appears there's an authentication issue.

I tried using the latest Insteon Plugin beta with no change.

You assistance to overcome this issue is appreciated.

Insteon Plug-in Error Log Generated 4/29/2013 9:33:00 AM
                              -----------*Error Message*----------------
                              Error: Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
                              at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
                              at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
                              at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
                              at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext inputContext)
                              at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri)
                              at Insteon.Support.Hub.SocketPortClass.GetBuffer() -- 4/29/2013 9:33:00 AM
                              --------*Initialization Log*--------------
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - Host System: HomeSeer 2.5.0.60
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - Plugin: HSPI_Insteon.DLL - Insteon PLM Plug-In v1.9.1.3
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - RegisterCallback Completed
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - Enter InitIO
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - Enter InitPlugin
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - Global initialization of plug-in required, starting up.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - Initializing Insteon hardware interface...
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - In ProcessRawReceiveThread
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - In PLMBuffer_ProcessBufferThread
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - Sending http://192.168.1.105:25105/1?XB=M=1
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - Sending command 02 60 to Interface, (Expecting 6 bytes extra back) Pre-Payload ACK:False, NAK is ok:False
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetResponseCallback: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
                              at Insteon.Support.Hub.SocketPortClass.GetResponseCallback(IAsy ncResult AsynchronousResult)
                              4/29/2013 9:30:28 AM - Sending http://192.168.1.105:25105/3?0260=I=3
                              4/29/2013 9:30:29 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetResponseCallback: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              at Insteon.Support.Hub.SocketPortClass.GetResponseCallback(IAsy ncResult AsynchronousResult)
                              4/29/2013 9:30:29 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
                              at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
                              at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext inputContext)
                              at Insteon.Support.Hub.SocketPortClass.GetBuffer()
                              4/29/2013 9:30:29 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:30 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:31 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:32 AM - ..did not receive a response from the Interface
                              4/29/2013 9:30:32 AM - ..Retry #1 required. Pausing 250ms for Interface to clear...
                              4/29/2013 9:30:32 AM - Sending http://192.168.1.105:25105/3?0260=I=3
                              4/29/2013 9:30:32 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetResponseCallback: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:32 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:32 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:33 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:34 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:35 AM - ..did not receive a response from the Interface
                              4/29/2013 9:30:35 AM - ..Retry #2 required. Pausing 300ms for Interface to clear...
                              4/29/2013 9:30:35 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:35 AM - Sending http://192.168.1.105:25105/3?0260=I=3
                              4/29/2013 9:30:35 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetResponseCallback: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:35 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:36 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:37 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:38 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:38 AM - ..did not receive a response from the Interface
                              4/29/2013 9:30:38 AM - Insteon hardware interface initialization failed.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:38 AM - Exit InitPlugin
                              -----------*Pre-Error Log*----------------
                              4/29/2013 9:30:38 AM - Exit InitIO
                              4/29/2013 9:30:39 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:40 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:41 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:42 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:43 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:44 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:45 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:46 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:47 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:48 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:49 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:50 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:51 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:52 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:54 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:54 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:55 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:56 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:57 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:58 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:30:59 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:00 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:01 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:02 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:03 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:04 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:05 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:06 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:07 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:08 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:09 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:10 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:11 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:12 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:13 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:14 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:15 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:16 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:17 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:18 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:19 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:20 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:21 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:22 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:23 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:24 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:25 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:26 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:27 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:28 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:29 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:30 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:31 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:32 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:33 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:34 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:35 AM - Enter ShutdownIO
                              4/29/2013 9:31:35 AM - I/O plug-in shutdown requested.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:35 AM - Saving comm stats...
                              4/29/2013 9:31:35 AM - ..finished saving comm stats.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:35 AM - Global plug-in shutdown required, no interfaces active.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:35 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:36 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:37 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                              4/29/2013 9:31:38 AM - ***:Error in Hub.GetBuffer: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. -- Details System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Comment

I noticed that same behavior, got my new dual band hub on Saturday and started playing with it... see my earlier post http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=159610

Everything went well until I downloaded the Smarthome app to my phone and synced it to the hub. Apparently this application puts a password on the hub, the application indicated admin/something... not sure what the password was, it did not match anything that I had entered when setting up the application. One thing I did notice was the port change to 25105. I also noticed that there appears to be somethign exposed on port 9761 on the hub, but have not had time to work with it much.

I reset my hub back to default and all was well, not sure what to do with the Smarthome app sinc it appears to put a password on the hub.
                                Billy

Comment

Working...
                                X