This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee
    Each day I get bumped another day, and that notification happens sooner in the day each time
    Paul

Comment

FYI, Mine shipped yesterday. I should get it on Friday.

Comment

Thanks that's good news. I've been thinking about how to integrate the hub with my existing network with no disruptions to try it out and would be interested to hear what you (all) have planned.

I have HS set up in a VM and will configure it for insteon and the hub and nothing else. I have a few spare devices, I will put those on my grid and start talking to them with the Hub, just basic add, change device,, test communications etc. Also will add a few x10 lighiting and appliance modules.

How are you guys approaching it?
        Paul

Comment

My plan won't help since I moved and rebuilding from scratch. So waiting for the hub to arrive before building the new Insteon network.

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
          Thanks that's good news. I've been thinking about how to integrate the hub with my existing network with no disruptions to try it out and would be interested to hear what you (all) have planned.

I have HS set up in a VM and will configure it for insteon and the hub and nothing else. I have a few spare devices, I will put those on my grid and start talking to them with the Hub, just basic add, change device,, test communications etc. Also will add a few x10 lighiting and appliance modules.

How are you guys approaching it?

Comment

Just got a tracking number. Better than I thought it was going to be.

Comment

Woot! me too!
              Paul

Comment

Hub not ready for prime time!

Just got my hub and plugged it in... it's been a struggle getting it to work with my Apple router, but I've finally got it configured. Hold off on this device -- it is NOT ready for prime time. Many of the devices in my house are 6- and 8-button Insteon Keypad Links, and the hub does NOT even recognize them. It only sees them as single switches.

I've spent a great deal of time manually connecting all of my switches, keypads and devices. I ASSUMED that the hub would recognize or inherit all of the existing relationships on the network, but it doesn't. Smarthome says that the Keypad Links are NOT yet supported devices... HUH??? Shame on them for releasing this hub!

Fortunately I've got the Cortexa EZ-1 Controller that works great -- it's just not very intuitive to program thru the web interface. I'm going to return the Hub to Insteon, and plug the Cortexa back in. I ordered the Hub thinking it would be fun to test out, and suggest to friends that are considering getting started with home automation. Sorry, Smarthome, you blew it on this device!

If you've recently received your hub, please share your experiences... maybe I'm missing something here!

Comment

Mark, for some reason I can't add appliancelincs? It says it can't read the device link table in 1 instance and the device didn't respond for 2 other appliancelincs. All other devices, dimmers, lamplincs, etc. added fine so far. Any thoughts?

Comment

OK got 1 appliancelinc to add. Will try the others again. Also, my thermstat (ventstar) did not add as a thermostat. In HS devices it just has on/off so it looks like it's a relay?

Comment

Originally posted by ghout7 View Post
                      Just got my hub and plugged it in... it's been a struggle getting it to work with my Apple router, but I've finally got it configured. Hold off on this device -- it is NOT ready for prime time. Many of the devices in my house are 6- and 8-button Insteon Keypad Links, and the hub does NOT even recognize them. It only sees them as single switches.

I've spent a great deal of time manually connecting all of my switches, keypads and devices. I ASSUMED that the hub would recognize or inherit all of the existing relationships on the network, but it doesn't. Smarthome says that the Keypad Links are NOT yet supported devices... HUH??? Shame on them for releasing this hub!

Fortunately I've got the Cortexa EZ-1 Controller that works great -- it's just not very intuitive to program thru the web interface. I'm going to return the Hub to Insteon, and plug the Cortexa back in. I ordered the Hub thinking it would be fun to test out, and suggest to friends that are considering getting started with home automation. Sorry, Smarthome, you blew it on this device!

If you've recently received your hub, please share your experiences... maybe I'm missing something here!
                      my goal with this thread is to get feedback from users that are willing to connect the hub to a development homeseer installation and use the hub as a plm to control some devices.

give it a try if you have the time.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                        OK got 1 appliancelinc to add. Will try the others again. Also, my thermstat (ventstar) did not add as a thermostat. In HS devices it just has on/off so it looks like it's a relay?
                        H,
                        are you doing this with the hub?

the tstat still needs the Sage plugin
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

... 6- and 8-button Insteon Keypad Links, and the hub does NOT even recognize them. It only sees them as single switches ... Smarthome says that the Keypad Links are NOT yet supported devices... HUH??? Shame on them for releasing this hub!
                          I'm getting mine on Monday but you got me worried. Mark had mentioned that the FW on these is not field upgradable so I'm concerned about what it's going to take when the KLPLs are supported: UI update? I'm good; FW update? Will SH exchange all those 'bad' hubs? Plus for me in Canada, I deal with a reseller, Aartech, so is he going to be fine exchanging hubs?

... I ASSUMED that the hub would recognize or inherit all of the existing relationships on the network, but it doesn't ...
                          Mark had commented in this post http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=37: "my suggestion is to setup a test HS site and run the insteon hub separately while you test it. I think you would need to do this on a separate box; not sure you can run two instances of hs on one box. this is what i do for all my testing and development. You can copy your hs database, and all the other config files so the test site will look similar. obviously other non-insteon hardware won't work on the test site."

I'm assuming by Mark's comment that at least we could program the hub's PLM using our old configs. I realize now that this does not mean the hub's UI knows about all that stuff on the power grid.

So, Ghout7, are you saying the hub has no discovery process or equivalent 'read the links off your PLM and update your UI' ?

I hate myself now for not having called SH on compatibility before purchasing the hub! Maybe that's why there's only a skinny quick start guide for documentation

Comment

Mine came today. The procedure to setup worked as advertised. I had to unplug replug to get an assigned IP addressed to it, which happens sometimes. Played with the web screen. Going to connect it to hs when I'm back on wed.

Anything new takes patience and time. Reconfiguring your devices won't be that bad..good time to document. If you have w7 you can setup an XP virtual server on the same box and move a copy of hs over
                            Paul

Comment

Another point on the upgradability. .. if you look at house under the smartphone app..it shows a bin id, a plm version and hub version all associated with your online account. The upgrade will probably work like the wii.. push.
                              Paul

Comment

Sorry, Mark...

Mark, sorry for venting on your post... I'm not a power user, and I don't have any HomeSeer installs. I have a Cortexa EZ-1 controller which works well, but isn't very intuitive to program.

I'm outraged that SH released this hub into the wild with the current configuration and App to control it. If you look at the posts on SmartHome's forums, no one seems to be having much luck with the device yet. Many are reporting repeated crashing of the hub or the iPhone App (which I am also experiencing), and the App often responds with "Coming Soon!" when you click on the functional buttons.

At the beginning of the App configuration, it forces you to manually configure port forwarding on your router, which many casual users don't seem to know how to do.

The fact that the Hub doesn't even recognize the 6- or 8-button keypad links is surprising, since their website states:

Products Supported: All INSTEON compatible controllers and responders, Devices with any of the 256 X10 addresses, INSTEON / Smarthome cameras

Comment

Working...
                                X