This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post
    So, Ghout7, are you saying the hub has no discovery process or equivalent 'read the links off your PLM and update your UI' ?
    Claude, the iPhone App didn't recognize any of my device's current settings or relationships, and didn't read the configuration from the PLM. It's basically like starting from scratch when you plug in the Hub.

Greg

Comment

Greg, I think we are a bit off topic here. Mark's original intent of the thread was how the new hub can be used as a PLM replacement in Homeseer, not as evaluation of the stand alone Hub product. Since this is a Homeseer message board, I am guessing you will get more traction in the Smarthome message boards and to get more support for other devices in the standalone product. I think the users here are looking for how to integrate with Homeseer.

Here are my experiences with the new device integrating with Homeseer using Mark's plug in.

- I have moved to a new place so I didn't necessarily have to migrate old configurations. I started fresh using the hub as a PLM replacement
      - I am using Insteon PLM Plug-In v1.8.0.9 and Homeseer 2.5.0.52
      - I have so far sucessfully installed a SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer, a LampLinc V2 3-Pin, 4 SwitchLinc V2 Relays, a KeypadLinc V2 Dimmer
      - I should have 9 more switches, 2 motion sensors, and 2 open/close sensors installed this weekend.
      - The KeypadLinc was correctly identified in the plug-in with associated buttons.
      - I am able create device links through the plug-in via the hub successfully.
      - I am able to set ramp rate and level through the plug-in via the hub successfully.

From what I can tell so far, the hub works flawlessly as a PLM replacement.

One suggestion would be to address the hub also as a DNS name and not just IP address. Beyond that, excellent work Mark.

Originally posted by ghout7 View Post
      Claude, the iPhone App didn't recognize any of my device's current settings or relationships, and didn't read the configuration from the PLM. It's basically like starting from scratch when you plug in the Hub.

Greg

Comment

One other difference for me versus Greg is that I have an android phone and tablet. It picked a port for me, the set up and configuration of the hub took seconds + unplugging replugging. It looks like some of the problems are iphone specific?

Lee and Heatvent, what smartphone OS are you guys on?
        Paul

Comment

Guys,
          i'll add hostname support later. Shouldn't be difficult. i just wanted to avoid network issues in the beginning. As soon as I allow hostnames, then dns issues come into play which i can't support or resolve.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by leerogers View Post
            Greg, I think we are a bit off topic here. Mark's original intent of the thread was how the new hub can be used as a PLM replacement in Homeseer, not as evaluation of the stand alone Hub product. Since this is a Homeseer message board, I am guessing you will get more traction in the Smarthome message boards and to get more support for other devices in the standalone product. I think the users here are looking for how to integrate with Homeseer.

Here are my experiences with the new device integrating with Homeseer using Mark's plug in.

- I have moved to a new place so I didn't necessarily have to migrate old configurations. I started fresh using the hub as a PLM replacement
            - I am using Insteon PLM Plug-In v1.8.0.9 and Homeseer 2.5.0.52
            - I have so far sucessfully installed a SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer, a LampLinc V2 3-Pin, 4 SwitchLinc V2 Relays, a KeypadLinc V2 Dimmer
            - I should have 9 more switches, 2 motion sensors, and 2 open/close sensors installed this weekend.
            - The KeypadLinc was correctly identified in the plug-in with associated buttons.
            - I am able create device links through the plug-in via the hub successfully.
            - I am able to set ramp rate and level through the plug-in via the hub successfully.

From what I can tell so far, the hub works flawlessly as a PLM replacement.

One suggestion would be to address the hub also as a DNS name and not just IP address. Beyond that, excellent work Mark.
            thanks for the feedback
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              Guys,
              i'll add hostname support later. Shouldn't be difficult. i just wanted to avoid network issues in the beginning. As soon as I allow hostnames, then dns issues come into play which i can't support or resolve.
              You might want to add this as a configuration parameter, a check box or something. Selecting Static IP or DNS.

I for one will be using a static IP, so DNS would only get in the way.
              -Skybolt

Comment

I didn't use a smartphone to setup. After plugging it in, I checked my router to see what IP it gave it and set it up in HS.

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                One other difference for me versus Greg is that I have an android phone and tablet. It picked a port for me, the set up and configuration of the hub took seconds + unplugging replugging. It looks like some of the problems are iphone specific?

Lee and Heatvent, what smartphone OS are you guys on?

Comment

I didn't use a smartphone to setup. After plugging it in, I checked my router to see what IP it gave it and set it up in HS.
                  What do you think of the hs response time when you manually press an insteon btn?
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Response looks really good both ways. From HomeSeer to a switch and from a switch to HomeSeer.

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    What do you think of the hs response time when you manually press an insteon btn?

Comment

Ditto here. Wondering if using the OS app will mess with any of the HS links.

I migrated my whole setup which consists of the following:

1 Keypadlinc
                      12 Switchlincs
                      5 Motion
                      4 Door
                      1 I/O linc
                      4 Synchrolincs
                      2 In-Linelincs
                      1 Outdoor Appliancelinc
                      2 Appliancelincs
                      3 Lamplincs
                      1 Ventstar thermostat
                      13 Groups

No issues to report, all seems to be functioning as expected. The RF devices could not be tap added, I had to linc manually. I was having some issues getting some of the devices to connect and did a hard reset which seemed to clear things up. One appliance linc in particular was stubborn but I got it setup in the end. Performance seems as good as if not better than with the PLM.

Comment

I tried a PL read performance of the Hub vs the 2413U. I tested both X10 receive and Insteon Receive tests

• Plug the plm and hub into the same outlet
                        • Run PLM in W7 and and Hub in an XP VM on the same box (same system clock for both)
                        • Initiate an X10 signal remotely from the powerline multiple times and compare responses
                        • Configure an test insteon switch to Hub and 2413U

Results
                        Identical at system clock level from HS on X10. Some of the Insteon messages showed a second later. However, that improved as more messages were sent at the same time. I think that's because more were in the buffer.

Visually the message could be seen popping a little sooner on the 2413 most of the time, x10 or insteon. A few times the Hub was faster. Overall, very, very close receive performance... an a nit at best for me. It might be due to the VM, if so, they are close to equal. Nothing I use insteon for will be affected. I can imagine people use keypad lincs to control A/V systems might feel this a little, not sure.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="1120"><colgroup><col style="width:60pt" span="14" width="80"> </colgroup><tbody><tr style="height:18.0pt" height="24"> <td style="height:18.0pt;width:60pt" height="24" width="80">
                        </td> <td style="width:60pt" width="80">
                        </td> <td class="xl65" colspan="2" style="mso-ignore:colspan;width:120pt" width="160">Insteon Hub</td> <td style="width:60pt" width="80">
                        </td> <td class="xl65" colspan="2" style="mso-ignore:colspan;width:120pt" width="160">2413U PLM</td> <td style="width:60pt" width="80">
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:18.0pt" height="24"> <td class="xl65" style="height:18.0pt" height="24">
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td class="xl65">
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td class="xl65">X10</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td class="xl65">
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="5" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:08 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="5" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:08 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="5" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:11 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="5" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:11 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="5" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:14 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="5" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:14 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="6" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:17 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="6" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:17 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="5" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:20 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="5" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:20 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="5" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:22 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="5" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:22 PM - X10 Received - P5 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="5" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:24 PM - X10 Received - P6 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="5" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:24 PM - X10 Received - P6 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="5" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:26 PM - X10 Received - P6 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="5" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:26 PM - X10 Received - P6 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="5" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:28 PM - X10 Received - P6 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="5" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:28 PM - X10 Received - P6 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="5" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:30 PM - X10 Received - P6 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="5" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:30 PM - X10 Received - P6 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="6" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 5:28:33 PM - X10 Received - P6 (?) P6 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> <td colspan="6" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 5:28:33 PM - X10 Received - P6 (?) P6 (?) P Off</td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td style="height:16.5pt" height="22">
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:18.0pt" height="24"> <td style="height:18.0pt" height="24">
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td class="xl65">Insteon</td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> <td>
                        </td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="7" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 6:31:33 PM - Insteon - Received \1 (House Test) Go ON</td> <td colspan="7" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 6:31:32 PM - Insteon - Received $20 (House House Test) Go ON</td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="7" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 6:31:35 PM - Insteon - Received \1 (House Test) Go OFF</td> <td colspan="7" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 6:31:34 PM - Insteon - Received $20 (House House Test) Go OFF</td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="7" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 6:31:37 PM - Insteon - Received \1 (House Test) Go ON</td> <td colspan="7" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 6:31:36 PM - Insteon - Received $20 (House House Test) Go ON</td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="7" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 6:31:38 PM - Insteon - Received \1 (House Test) Go OFF</td> <td colspan="7" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 6:31:38 PM - Insteon - Received $20 (House House Test) Go OFF</td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="7" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 6:31:40 PM - Insteon - Received \1 (House Test) Go ON</td> <td colspan="7" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 6:31:40 PM - Insteon - Received $20 (House House Test) Go ON</td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="7" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 6:31:41 PM - Insteon - Received \1 (House Test) Go OFF</td> <td colspan="7" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 6:31:41 PM - Insteon - Received $20 (House House Test) Go OFF</td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="7" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 6:31:42 PM - Insteon - Received \1 (House Test) Go ON</td> <td colspan="7" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 6:31:42 PM - Insteon - Received $20 (House House Test) Go ON</td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="7" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 6:31:43 PM - Insteon - Received \1 (House Test) Go OFF</td> <td colspan="7" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 6:31:43 PM - Insteon - Received $20 (House House Test) Go OFF</td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="7" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 6:31:44 PM - Insteon - Received \1 (House Test) Go ON</td> <td colspan="7" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 6:31:44 PM - Insteon - Received $20 (House House Test) Go ON</td> </tr> <tr style="height:16.5pt" height="22"> <td colspan="7" style="height:16.5pt;mso-ignore:colspan" height="22">12/26/2012 6:31:45 PM - Insteon - Received \1 (House Test) Go OFF</td> <td colspan="7" style="mso-ignore:colspan">12/26/2012 6:31:45 PM - Insteon - Received $20 (House House Test) Go OFF</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
                        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                          Ditto here. Wondering if using the OS app will mess with any of the HS links.
                          The smartphone app and the paper thin web pages from the hub can be used in addition to Mark's plugin. You do need to add the devices you want to control from the smartphone/hub web pages separately, Mark's plugin and the hub apps do their own record keeping. It looks like Mark is using the communication layer to communicate with the PLM network.

Since the links are already there for the same insteon HUb address as set by mark's plugin, there are no changes to the link database (at least none reported). My test switch can be turned on by the PLM, the hub and the smartphone app/hub web pages.

I definitely would not extend the model to have both the PLM and Hub managing the same devices. I would suspect all of the unregistered links would eventually be a problem.

However, its appealing to me to have a few devices available in the smartphone app for text message updates like the garage door IO linc. I don't think I would add them all
                          Paul

Comment

Hub issue: reset &amp; reprogram interface

I consistently get an error trying a 'reset & reprogram interface' (error report attached). I suspect this could be normal since the hub's embedded PLM primarily belongs to the hub. Mark?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hub question: getting local control reported to the hub's PLM

I'm running the hub in a VM so not to disturb my regular production.

I realize I can't do a 'swap interface' or else I will affect my production environment but all my devices have local control reporting to my production PLM.

Is there some 'batch way' of doing a 'Program device for HomeSeer' ? I thought an 'Update interface' might do it, but apparently not and I'm not too excited about doing 43 devices individually.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                                I'm running the hub in a VM so not to disturb my regular production.

I realize I can't do a 'swap interface' or else I will affect my production environment but all my devices have local control reporting to my production PLM.

Is there some 'batch way' of doing a 'Program device for HomeSeer' ? I thought an 'Update interface' might do it, but apparently not and I'm not too excited about doing 43 devices individually.
                                You will need manually register the devices. I can't support two installations at once.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X