HSTouch Android Client Release 1.0.54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the Scrolling Marquee

I deployed the project to my Motorola Droid 4 which is running the latest android client and the scrolling marquee works. The OS version is 4.1.2

My Nexus 7 Tablets are running 4.4.2 (which the marquee doesn't work) same client version.

Don't know if that helps

Edit: Updated bug
    http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1571

Comment

Hi skarragallagher,

there seem to be plenty of wake lock apps in the play store. Are you refering to Wake Lock PowerManager?

Thanks,
      Nicolas

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
      Some android tablets turn off the wifi. I had to install the "wake lock" app on my Nexus 7 to keep it always connected and responsive

Comment

Rich,

I am still having issues even after a clean install of the app. I emailed you the xml, really hoping you have some insight.

Thank you, Sir.
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Downloaded HSTouch too my new device and noticed all the work you guys have done. That's awesome and I'm looking forward to where this goes.

Anyways, I miss having media player control on the HS Touch app and would like the last version that supported this.

How can I get a copy of that version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
          HSPro: 3.0.0.194
          PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
          HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Hello,
            I updated to 1.0.55: Better but still bugged !

It works like 1.0.52 but still not correct in displaying icons. This bug is since very long and specific to Android: This does not occur in windows client.
            Some icons are not displayed nor updated. An example is that if you change a status on a page, the corresponding icon is updated on the current displayed page but not on the other pages. So when you change page, icons do not reflect reality. You have to close application and restart it to see them correctly. An other example is that at start some icons are not displayed. For information at least one is "MatchStatus = off or unknown" and not displayed. When status change to "MatchStatus = on" it is displayed.

Other improvment that should be very valuable: When internet connexion is poor, android client fail (time out issue ?). What I do is mad but work. I connect to a home computer (Remote terminal session) with same "poor connexion" and use HStouch client of that PC that is connected in LAN to Homeseer to drive my house. I would obsvioulsy prefer that android client would connect directly to Homeseer

Best regards

Comment

New bug on 1.0.55 found , which was not present on previous version nor on Windows client

Backgroundcolor of icon text are not always displayed (but some are correctly displayed)

I do want to be nasty, but it begin to think that at least non regression testing is not properly implemented...

Comment

Rich,

I know you are on vacation this week but I would REALLY like an answer on the xml I sent you, please - with sugar on top...

The app is still FC on anything higher than .35. I have removed .35 installed .55, .54, .53 fresh and still get the FC.

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Rich,

Are you back yet?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    Did you do a clean install of the app?

HS2 should not matter. I have a Nexus 10 and the app is always running, I just pick it up and control stuff so the app should stay running.
                    So I have to ask, when controlling lights, if you turn a light on with a toggle how do you read the status back?

Because this absolutly does NOT work for me on any android anything.
                    I am using
                    Code:
                    My Light  [$SCRIPT=&Replace(hs.CAPIGetStatus(hs.GetDeviceRef("*10")).Status,"%","%")]
                    to track the status of on/off dim level in the text field.

My Galaxy Note 3, Tab 8, Asus Transformer and the new Android touch screen from HS, all do NOT work. The Windows XP PC tablets, Win7 PC's I have work like a charm.

While I could go on with how bad the Android support is for HSTouch for me. That is one of the biiggest. If there is a better, or a way that works, of doing things please let me know this is beyond frustrating.

Just for the record, I absolutly love HS and could not imagine using anything else.
                    Last edited by skybolt; March 7, 2014, 04:54 PM.
                    -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                      Rich,

Are you back yet?
                      Hi Dafunktyfunk

Any news about this issue?

I'm having the same problem with my two Andoid tablets (and I bought 3 more and are on their way to my home).

Mario.

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                        ... My Galaxy Note 3, Tab 8, Asus Transformer and the new Android touch screen from HS, all do NOT work. The Windows XP PC tablets, Win7 PC's I have work like a charm.
                        Well even though I changed to the intrinsic status tracking, the status tracking still doesn't work all on the time. In fact at times, it is the oppisite of what it should be.

While I could go on with how bad the Android support is for HSTouch for me. That is one of the biiggest. If there is a better, or a way that works, of doing things please let me know this is beyond frustrating. ...
                        Not using any scripting for status in the text fields of elemants went a long way to speeding up the response and not locking up the screens.

Status is still not tracking correctly all of the time.
                        -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by Mario from Spain View Post
                          Hi Dafunktyfunk

Any news about this issue?

I'm having the same problem with my two Andoid tablets (and I bought 3 more and are on their way to my home).

Mario.
                          Nope, not one peep! I am so done with homeseer! This has been the worst decision of my career to go with this small company! I only have 6 customers left on homeseer and then I will be done with it forever.

HS is decent for tinkerers and hobbyists, SO NOT ready for public consumption at the retail level. For that, you should stick with the big boys.

I am SO disappointed...

Comment

Sorry its not working out for you, we have a lot on our plate right now and we worked hard to get the default projects working for users who do not use the Designer and its solid there. Other issues will get worked on soon, we need to get some other features finished first. Some cool new features are coming soon!

Nope, not one peep! I am so done with homeseer! This has been the worst decision of my career to go with this small company! I only have 6 customers left on homeseer and then I will be done with it forever.

HS is decent for tinkerers and hobbyists, SO NOT ready for public consumption at the retail level. For that, you should stick with the big boys.

I am SO disappointed...
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Sorry its not working out for you, we have a lot on our plate right now and we worked hard to get the default projects working for users who do not use the Designer and its solid there. Other issues will get worked on soon, we need to get some other features finished first. Some cool new features are coming soon!
                              Rich,

You need to take care of your dealers! Adding features should ALWAYS come AFTER fixing bugs. Also, this is the first I hear from you in over three weeks and it is "Sorry it's not working out.. K Bye..." Makes me feel like you just don't care. If you don't than just say so and I will never be back. I will return the last bit of HS stuff back to my distributor or just simply dump it and just walk away from HS all together. Is that you are saying?

You didn't even reply to the emails I sent you. You asked me to send you my xml, I do and then you don't even reply.

Personally, give me something that works before you give me something cooler that doesn't!

Comment

Personally, give me something that works before you give me something cooler
                                Amen!!!!! As a retired developer, I know that working on the new, cool stuff is a lot more fun, but that should always come AFTER the bug list is empty, not before!
                                Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Working...
                                X