Speaker and Speech Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker and Speech Issues

So, I have a VBS that works great for regular Speaker Clients - You can ask it for x days, Monday, Tuesday, etc ...

So It appears that the speaker client for Android doesn't like when there is more than 1 line of speech - ie (Heres the output for one day of weather)

Feb-15 5:38:52 PM TTS Speak ():mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. low of 9f with a windchill as low as -4 degrees. winds from the west at 10 to 15 miles per hour. chance of snow 40%.

Feb-15 5:38:51 PM TTS Speak ():Saturday Night

Feb-15 5:38:51 PM TTS Speak ():mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. high of 28f with a windchill as low as 9 degrees. winds from the west northwest at 5 to 10 miles per hour. chance of snow 80%.

Feb-15 5:38:50 PM TTS Speak ():Saturday

Feb-15 5:38:50 PM TTS Speak ():I will get the weather

What the Android Speaker client actually says is :

"Le
    "Saturday"
    "M"
    "Saturday night"
    "mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. low of 9f with a windchill as low as -4 degrees. winds from the west at 10 to 15 miles per hour. chance of snow 40%."

Not even close to full speech but the same output works on 3 PC Speaker clients..... So the Android client only plays the last full sentence in full - The rest all get interrupted when the line after is sent - Its just not "batching" the up for some reason....

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Have you tried to check the checkbox next to 'Wait for speech to finish' in the speak event?

Or when it is called from a script try this
    hs.speak("Hello people in the kitchen.", True)

Info found here
    http://www.homeseer.com/support/home...edia_speak.htm
    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Oh cool - Never did that on any scripts before and they always worked - but Im going to try that for the Android Clients

Comment

Working...
      X