Virtual device toggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
    Im not sure how i use these stuff. its like greek to me.

What iv done for now is to use a picure with on/off on it. then having that picture follow the state, and then on top of this i have 2 transparent buttons that will work as on/off. Seems to work actually. Though it is a bit of a struggle working with.
    One of the strengths of HS is that it integrates many diverse tools into one system. Unfortunately, because many of the tools not only have unique architecture and modes of operation, they are often designed from different viewpoints and require the user to approach them differently. Even similar tools, like scripts include options ranging form VBS to C#.

As Pete often reminds us, start with baby steps. Master a manageable piece, then move on to another piece. Otherwise, trying to absorb all that HS can do at one time is a bit like trying to drink from a fire hose.

If what you have does what you want, then that's as good a place to start as any. As you master more of the way HS works you'll probably revisit many of your initial efforts and re-engineer them to be simpler, more reliable, or easier to maintain. I suspect that's the path we're all on, since all of us, even (especially) old hands, are faced with learning how HS3 works and how best to take advantage of its capabilities.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The issue surrounding toggling is here http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=30 - because your device probably does not have the ControlUse property set to either On or Off this is why the toggling option probably is not there. I don't think you can edit that from the UI but you could probably run a short script to do so (it would only need changing once), I have not tried it though.

Comment

Working...
      X