Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone control a Sony Evi-d30 camera over web?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone control a Sony Evi-d30 camera over web?

Hey folks, I got a couple Sony EVI-D30 cameras pan,tilt,zoom via serial interface that I want to put around the house, but I havn't found a way to control them over the web. I found a few very outdated sources of info on the web, that had links to nowhere. I did see a successful implementation over at bewired, but I didn't see the source code. Just wondering if anyone else has played with these sony cameras.

Thanks!

i had good success w/ bdlcam. http://www.bdlcam.com i dont think the current version will stream the video, but you can control the camera from the net.

Comment

The Axis241Q has 1 COM port that can be used to control the Sony cam.

Comment

Hi there, i did this using "macromedia streaming server" and "Macromedia Flash Encoder" both of which are free up to a certain amount of connections.

this works really well, all you have to do is create a very simple .swf that you can embed into your webpage.

I also use Cinemar's "Mainlobby" as my touchscreen client interface, so you can drag the same SWF files into the mainlobby scene and have any camera image anywhere on the scene, stretched\varing transparency\coloured\clickable etc.

for the PTZ control of the camera vai VISCA I used the free plugin for mainlobby called something like "Genericserial" i think.. this enables you to send the correct commands over the com port to the camera.

This sends the "recall preset 1 command to the camera", the protocol is fully documented in pdfs all over the net.

eg MLServeCMD.MLGenericSerial|Send~81 01 04 3F 02 00 FF~1

..also used "execute event" form buttons on a webpage to run the homeseer event, which linked to mainlobby thought the two way "mlhsplugin" plugin.

Hope that makes sense, im sure there is a much cleaner way using scripts within homeseer alone but I have never go around to looking into that as VR has caught my attention recently

Mike

Comment

Good ideas, I am trying the BDL camera mentioned above, havn't got it working yet, but need to doublecheck my pinouts on the camera. Homeseer itself should be able to shoot the commands out the com port without any problems right? A cheezy but functional way would to be create multiple events, say one for Right, Left, Up, Down, Presets, ect?

-John

Comment

Hmmm, I have hooked the camera up to hyperterm, correct com port, 8,n,1 and it doesn't seem to want to communicate. Only thing that happens is that when I turn the camera on, hyperterm spits out E8, of which the E has a little tick mark over it. I have tried it on 2 cameras with the same result. Still more tinkering to go.

Comment

well, just tried a program from sony, and it seems to work great, so it is something I am doing wrong.

Comment

Keeps you interested after you've tried that sony prog doesnt it

I never could get Hyperterminal working with the camera, but at least now you know your pin-outs are correct.

You are probably more likely to get homeseer to talk to the camera, for some reason Hyperterminal just wouldnt work ?

Good luck !
                Mike

Comment

Working...
                X