Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I followed the instructions below. For some reason, after initiating the iphone app, mark's plugin can't login to the hub?? I get a access error 401 in the log. I am using the same username/password as was used in the iphone app and the app logs in fine. I set the ip address to hub.ip.address:ipport in mark's plugin and set the username/password. Anything I might be missing. I have restarted/rebooted everything as well.

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
    Heatvent:
    One time Setup:
    • Install the smartphone app
    • Connect to your house wifi so the smartphone app can see the hub
    • Follow the setup procedures
    • When you create an account an password, that will get "pushed" to the hub and will affect the plugin. You'll need to type those two in to the plugins config page so the plugin can login to the hub. I'd recommend restarting HS afterwards
    • The same is true for the port. If you pick a new, random port for the hub from the app, you need to go to the plugin config page and put those new numbers after the ':' after the IP number of your hub
    Installing devices to the smartphone app.
    No devices will appear initially in the app. Mark's plugin and the Hub software have individual databases of devices. Each device that you want to monitor / control remotely will need to be reinstalled, one at a time, to the smartphone app. Follow the instructions for device installs which are supposed to be easier with the newest version of smartphone app.

I have a few devices configured this way, eg i get an email when the garage door goes up and down and to monitor devices associated with critical events. I can put the garage door up from where ever I am if somebody is there with a delivery.

'Other'
    I also use the hub app as a poor man's HS Touch: You can create any x10 device you want in the hub, so I have some X10 'devices' I send from the smart app that HS picks up to run events. Cheesy, but cheap (much like myself )

Comment

New Insteon Hub as a network enabled PLM

Heatvent, that should have worked, but it sounds like the apple app set up either changed or erased the login / password or port info. I haven't tried it via iOS so not sure

I remember reading that the iOS app offers a different port number when you set it up. I don't know this for sure but recall reading that somewhere.

Have you tried your insteon app Id and password in the plugin setup?
      Paul

Comment

I ended up doing a factory reset to get things back to normal. Maybe next time when I have some time. Somewhere in the rush to get things back, I forgot to delete my hub account before the factory reset. So I sent an email to SH hoping this will get remedied then I will give it another go.

FYI HouseLinc connects on port 9761 to control the Hub and does not ask for authentication. Not sure if that is useful information but thought I would pass it along.

Comment

Heatvent, my bad....

There is a separate username and password for the hub; at the bottom of settings / house in the smartphone app. If you want, you can change the smartphone app to what you have set for the plugin. That will fix it up.

Plugin user name / password = Smarphone app / Settings / House username / password

I really apologize for the confusion
          Paul

Comment

Don't sweat it, no harm done. Anyway, all works now. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Error Initialising after paying for plugin from trial

Hi Mark,

I had everything working well with the plug-in trial and the Insteon Hub Controller and once the trial stopped working, I paid for the plugin as it is a great plugin that works great.

I then went to the setup / interfaces and registered the license details which now marks the plug-in as registered however, I now get "Error Initializing" and can't get it to work now.

I have tried restarting the Insteon controller and the HS2Pro Server / PC with no success.

I can connect to the Insteon controller via the web interface http://ipaddress:25105

Please let me know what the issue would be.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Eric C View Post
                Hi Mark,

I had everything working well with the plug-in trial and the Insteon Hub Controller and once the trial stopped working, I paid for the plugin as it is a great plugin that works great.

I then went to the setup / interfaces and registered the license details which now marks the plug-in as registered however, I now get "Error Initializing" and can't get it to work now.

I have tried restarting the Insteon controller and the HS2Pro Server / PC with no success.

I can connect to the Insteon controller via the web interface http://ipaddress:25105

Please let me know what the issue would be.

Thanks in advance,

Eric
                please check the plugin config page and make sure the hub ip info is still entered correctly

also, turn on detailed debugging and restart hs and then post the log snippet of the start up so I can see the msgs and errors
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Add support for cloud event messages?

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  sending cmds to the insteon network via the hub isn't slower from my experience. But receiving cmds from the network can be. The plugin has to poll the hub every second to check for new inbound cmds so you might see events based on kpl btns respond a tad (1/2 sec) slower.
                  Would you consider adding support for cloud messages redirected to the computer running your plugin? As an option of course, many probably don't have easy ways of doing this. This would eliminate the need for polling and be more responsive. (Many ways of doing this, firewall packet mangling, changing DNS resolution and setting up a transparent proxy all come to mind.)

I got the hub a few days ago, set it up and was disappointed that I couldn't set the SMTP server address for alerts. So I started to look at other ways of getting the info I want. Turns out that it's just passing the stuff directly to the cloud and the email is sent from there. Double bummer.

I looked into the protocol and see that it's simply sending GET requests to the cloud. They are event messages are sent in cleartext and not protected by SSL at all. For events the Hub appears to completely ignore the XML response and actually closes the connection immediately.

In any case, if this could be an option that would be awesome.

If SH added a feature to change the "cloud" FQDN that would be even more awesome. No more futzing around with polling and it'd be supported.

PS: As of now I'm not happy that all of my events are being relayed to the cloud especially since I didn't enable that functionality. (I enabled the phone app, but not control through the cloud, only the 'local' option.)

Comment

Originally posted by enableadvanced View Post
                    Would you consider adding support for cloud messages redirected to the computer running your plugin? As an option of course, many probably don't have easy ways of doing this. This would eliminate the need for polling and be more responsive. (Many ways of doing this, firewall packet mangling, changing DNS resolution and setting up a transparent proxy all come to mind.)

I got the hub a few days ago, set it up and was disappointed that I couldn't set the SMTP server address for alerts. So I started to look at other ways of getting the info I want. Turns out that it's just passing the stuff directly to the cloud and the email is sent from there. Double bummer.

I looked into the protocol and see that it's simply sending GET requests to the cloud. They are event messages are sent in cleartext and not protected by SSL at all. For events the Hub appears to completely ignore the XML response and actually closes the connection immediately.

In any case, if this could be an option that would be awesome.

If SH added a feature to change the "cloud" FQDN that would be even more awesome. No more futzing around with polling and it'd be supported.

PS: As of now I'm not happy that all of my events are being relayed to the cloud especially since I didn't enable that functionality. (I enabled the phone app, but not control through the cloud, only the 'local' option.)
                    thanks for the suggestions I'll put it on the list but can't promise anything right now.

I'm in the middle of my HS3 'ports' which is consuming way more time than anticipated.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Well I finally downloaded a trial version of HomeSeer and tried to get the Insteon devices running. I started with a fresh OS install, then:

• Microsoft updates
                      • Installed HomeSeer Pro 2.5.0.49 (setuphspro2_5_0_49.exe)
                      • Copied DLLs to the "HomeSeer HSPRO" directory (HSPI_Insteon_1.9.2.5.zip)
                      • Copied Insteon.lf to the "HomeSeer HSPRO/Config" directory
                      • Created an Insteon.ini in the "HomeSeer HSPRO/Config" directory containing:
                      [Config]
                      InterfacePort=192.168.1.31:25105
                      • Go to the "Interfaces" tab, enable "Insteon -X- Other"
                      • Click "Save"
                      • Get the following in the HomeSeer window:
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Plug-In - Interface Insteon is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: Insteon
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Plug-In - Finished initializing plug-in Insteon
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Insteon - Waiting to initialize External Devices...
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Insteon - External Device Registration complete.
                      • The Insteon.ini file now contains:
                      [Config]
                      GroupBaseCode=[
                      • Click on the "Config" button/link and get this:
                      9/15/2013 11:30:18 PM - Insteon - ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                      9/15/2013 11:30:18 PM - Insteon - ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
                      • And the "Insteon Error Report.log" has the following:
                      Insteon Plug-in Error Log Generated 9/15/2013 11:30:18 PM
                      -----------*Error Message*----------------
                      Error: Error in BuildPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -- Details System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      at Insteon.Support.WebInterface.BuildPage(Int32 PageIndex) -- 9/15/2013 11:30:18 PM
                      --------*Initialization Log*--------------
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Host System: HomeSeer 2.5.0.49
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Plugin: HSPI_Insteon.DLL - Insteon PLM Plug-In v1.9.2.5
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - RegisterCallback Completed
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Enter InitIO
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Enter InitPlugin
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Global initialization already completed.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - I/O (Insteon Protocol) Interface Initializing...
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Scheduled polling enabled.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - In CreateDevices
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Scheduled polling temporarily stopped.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Reloading 0 Insteon device information tables...
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - [HCM] There is no base house code stored for the 'DeviceBaseCode' class devices. A new base house code code will be allocated.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - 0 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon device database.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - [HCM] There is no base house code stored for the 'GroupBaseCode' class devices. A new base house code code will be allocated.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - [HCM] Registered house code '[' as the base code for device class 'GroupBaseCode' because an existing HomeSeer device was found using it.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - 0 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon group database.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - [HCM] UpdateDeviceCounts: There are no house codes allocated to the DeviceBaseCode class devices.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Scheduled polling resumed.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Exit CreateDevices
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - I/O(Insteon Protocol) Interface Initialized.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Exit InitPlugin

-----------*Pre-Error Log*----------------
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Exit InitIO
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Waiting to initialize External Devices...
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Note: External device support script does not exist in the HomeSeer scripts directory.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - External Device Registration complete.
                      9/15/2013 11:26:33 PM - Generic Event Raised: Ready for Registration
                      9/15/2013 11:30:18 PM - ***:Error in BuildPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -- Details System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      at Insteon.Support.WebInterface.BuildPage(Int32 PageIndex)
                      --------*End Pre-Error Log*--------------
                      --------*Start C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\Insteon.ini*--------------
                      [Config]
                      GroupBaseCode=[

--------*End C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\Insteon.ini*--------------
                      Annd I'm pretty stuck at this point. In another install (this is done in a VM) I was able to get Z-Wave devices detected relatively easily.

I don't know what the Insteon Config page is supposed to look like but I'm guessing what I see isn't it...

Comment

Well I finally downloaded a trial version of HomeSeer and tried to get the Insteon devices running. I started with a fresh OS install, then:

And I'm pretty stuck at this point. In another install (this is done in a VM) I was able to get Z-Wave devices detected relatively easily.

I don't know what the Insteon Config page is supposed to look like but I'm guessing what I see isn't it...
                        how about adding DetailedLog=3 to the [config] section of the insteon.ini and restarting HS. this should provide more info.

I'm looking for log entries what show the plugin initializing the Hub which i don't see in your current log.
                        Last edited by mnsandler; September 16, 2013, 07:24 AM. Reason: changed logging= to detailedlog=
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

how about adding DetailedLog=3 to the [config] section of the insteon.ini and restarting HS. this should provide more info.

I'm looking for log entries what show the plugin initializing the Hub which i don't see in your current log.
                          Thanks. Wish this information was consolidated somewhere. (Har! It may be! I'm reading.) It was an authentication failure. What's bad is that the authentication failure caused the Configuration web page to fail to render properly - so there was no way of setting the credentials.

I reset everything to factory defaults (thus bypassing the authentication issue) and was able to start using it.

After messing around for a while it did lose connectivity with the hub. Only restarting HS fixed it. Unfortunately I don't have the logs for exactly when that happened.
                          Last edited by enableadvanced; September 17, 2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Wish this information was consolidated somewhere. (Har! It may be! I'm reading.) It was an authentication failure. What's bad is that the authentication failure caused the Configuration web page to fail to render properly - so there was no way of setting the credentials.

I reset everything to factory defaults (thus bypassing the authentication issue) and was able to start using it.

After messing around for a while it did lose connectivity with the hub. Only restarting HS fixed it. Unfortunately I don't have the logs for exactly when that happened.
                            I have a new version that i need to post that will allow you to enter the port and username and pswd for new setups.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Insteon Hub Integration Status?

Mark:

I saw your thread when looking for a solution to getting the Insteon Leak Detectors to work with HomeSeer VIA the 2413U.

If you have made any progress on Insteon Hub Integration to HomeSeer then please let me know.

The USB/Serial PLM has it's drawbacks - COM Ports are old school.

Thanks and I have two Hot Water Load Controller and some Outlets working now.

Glen Seaman
                              (248) 705-2688

Comment

I have a new version that i need to post that will allow you to enter the port and username and pswd for new setups.
                                I am having a similar issue. I moved to and ESXi based VM and after a few minutes or so, the plugin loses connectivity with the hub. The VM can still access the webpage for the hub but I have to restart HS to get it to connect again. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X