• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are so right! Thanks!

Regards,

Mav

Comment

Originally posted by darren-mc View Post
      Has anyone thought about extending this connector functionality to a Vista SideBar gadget?

I have a first beta of a Vista Homeseer Sidebar Gadget and need beta testers. Because of the limited size of a docked gadget, the interface design can be very difficult.

Please PM me if you would like to participate in beta testing.

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Vista Homeseer Sidebar Gadget now available here:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=126937

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

TCP Listener ?

Trying to see if there's a "generic" TCP Listener out there for an AXIS camera system.

See this thread.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=128142

Thanks

Comment

HSScript crasches

Hi Stipus

I use your script plugin for many purposes on different machines - my morning routines are build around it:-). Now I have upgraded to Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1 and it crashes. No problems on XP SP2, Vista Ultimate, Vista Home Premium (without SP1).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mav

Comment

Can you tell me if the crash is happening on the server side, or on the client side ?

Is there any error message ? Debug log ? Anything that could help me find the origin of this problem ?

Does it crash immediately, or after a few times ?
              Did you try to right click the EXE and change a few properties such as "Run in Windows XXX compatibilty mode, or run as administrator...) ?
              --
              stipus

Comment

thanks for the quick reply

Its client side. Server side works great.
                In the mangement application log, not much additional info is written:
                Faultbucket: 255216816, type 5
                Event name: CLR20r3
                P1: hsscript.exe
                P2:1.10.2.2
                P3: 47416196
                P4: Hsscript
                P5: 1.10.2.2
                P9: System.BadImageFormatExeption

Windows Operation System: 6.0.6000.16386
                It crasches milliseconds after I execute it so application does not start up. I have tried different settings in Run as Adminn, and Compatabillity mode.

It installs in the Program Files (x86) folder alongwith the HSSpeaker app which works fine. Verion 2.2.66

Its a totally fresh install

Any clue?

Comment

This could be the root of your problem:

http://www.dnjonline.com/article.asp...n07_access3264

tenholde
                  tenholde

Comment

From the error message, I found this comment on MSDN:

This exception can occur when a .NET application running on a 64-bit platform attempts to load a DLL that does not support native 64-bit execution. If the application is built in platform-agnostic (i.e. "Any CPU") mode, it will launch in 64-bit mode on the host operating system, leading to this problem. To fix this, you can force the application to run in 32-bit mode by compiling for x86 architecture explicitly, forcing the program to launch in WoW64 mode on the 64-bit system, and allowing the 32-bit DLL to be accessed.
                    It's possible that the DLLs created by the Script Connector for each script do not support 64-bit execution. I'll check if I can find a compiler parameter to allow this.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

Thanks Stipus - It's another great plugin from you and I would hate to go back to my not so official Vista 32 bit...

Comment

Could you try this:

Shutdown the script client on the remote computer

Go to the HomeSeer 2\Scripts directory on the Remote computer

For each script.cs or script.vb that you tried to run, you should find a corresponding script.vb.dll or script.cs.dll

Delete ALL these DLLs.

Restart the script client and tell me if you get the same error.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

I will try that, back in half a hour - but I never got to launch the app itself

Comment

It seems my last post disapeared - I found no DLL's in the \Scripts folder - only .cs and .vb files? But isn't that indicating theapp has never run or tryed to execute a script?
                            Last edited by maverick; June 6, 2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

OK. I understand better now.

I thougth the remote script client started ok, then crashed when you tried to run a remote script.

I read your first message again and I now understand that the incompatibility is within the startup code.

The error means that the image format is bad. This means one of the dll linked with HsScript.exe is not compatible with 64-bit mode.

Can you double-check if the problem is still showing up when you set HsScript.exe to 32-bit compatibility mode.

On my side I'll check my code to see which platform target the exe is compiled against.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Hi Stipus

No changes to the behaviour when I set it to compatabillity modelikeWin XP SP2 in the properties for the exe

Comment

Working...
                                X