This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launching HsScript using WshShell

I am attempting to launch a HsScript from a backup application. I want the backup application to trigger the HsScript upon completing the backup.

The HsScript application, and script I want to run, are working fine if triggered from the CLI or from a batch file.

hsscript homeseerscript.vb

I cannot get the command to run from my backup app. I believe it is using the 'WshShell.Run' call so I created a vbs file to simulate:

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    WshShell.Run chr(34) & "hsscript homeseerscript.vb" & chr(34), 0
    Set WshShell = Nothing

When I run this script I get an error explaining that 'the system can not find the file specified'. I believe the script is unable to find the 'homeseerscript.vb' file. I have tried referencing the full path but this does not help.

If I remove the reference to the 'homeseerscript.vb' as follows I don't get any errors.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    WshShell.Run chr(34) & "hsscript" & chr(34), 0
    Set WshShell = Nothing

The path to the hsscript.exe is configured in the system environment variables so I don't think there's a problem finding the executable.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

I used to do that, I'll see if I can find my script for you.

You could also try Jon00's utility.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
    X