A couple of questions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of questions:

I have been testing this plug-in with HS3 to add Alexa support to an Omni panel and so far most of it has been working great.

I have a few questions on some wording as it relates to Voice Commands and Echo (Alexa):

It is not very easy to run HAI Buttons with Alexa as she has a very hard time with the word "Execute". Am I missing something?

My thought would it would be easier to say "Tell HomeSeer to Run Macro [Name]" or "Tell HomeSeer to Run Button [Name]" if that helps.

The other voice issue I am having is with Thermostats. Alexa seems to have trouble with the word "Idle" when trying to turn a thermostat to Mode OFF. Is there a reason behind "Idle" vs "Off?"

As a general Plug-in question, I do not see Access Control so I cannot control door strikes or Z-Wave/ZigBee locks, am I missing it or is that a planned addition?

Thank you and great job on the plug-in so far.

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
    I have been testing this plug-in with HS3 to add Alexa support to an Omni panel and so far most of it has been working great.

I have a few questions on some wording as it relates to Voice Commands and Echo (Alexa):

It is not very easy to run HAI Buttons with Alexa as she has a very hard time with the word "Execute". Am I missing something?

My thought would it would be easier to say "Tell HomeSeer to Run Macro [Name]" or "Tell HomeSeer to Run Button [Name]" if that helps.
    I dont use the Skill (which is the "Tell Homeseer to...") but I do use the Echo API. With the API, you can say "Turn on/off..." or even "Open/Close..."
    I have not used HAI buttons via Alexa, but what you could do is create a virtual device and trigger an event to execute that button by turning the virtual device off/on.

The other voice issue I am having is with Thermostats. Alexa seems to have trouble with the word "Idle" when trying to turn a thermostat to Mode OFF. Is there a reason behind "Idle" vs "Off?"
    No, "Idle" just came from the HAI protocol docs. You can change it to "Off" on the Status Graphics tab.

As a general Plug-in question, I do not see Access Control so I cannot control door strikes or Z-Wave/ZigBee locks, am I missing it or is that a planned addition?

Thank you and great job on the plug-in so far.
    I have not implemented access controls and it's not on my radar at this time.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I was able to change the wording around to make Buttons run properly and change the Idle to Off. I have also worked around the no Access Control support by using a Flag.

Thanks again.

Comment

Ah - I forgot about flags - thats something I dont use in my setup, but need to get familiar with...
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
        X