KNX Plug-In for HomeSeer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KNX Plug-In for HomeSeer 3

For anyone interested I am in the process of developing a plug-in to allow interoperability between HomeSeer 3 and KNX systems.

I am a certified KNX Partner and are writing the plug-in using the official KNX SDK.

The plug-in is now updated with significant more functionality. At this stage it supports the following device types:
    • Binary Light (on/off)
    • Dimmable Light
    • Temperature Sensor
    • Occupancy Sensor

The current beta version seems to be very stable, at least on my test system and it would be great to get feedback from anyone else testing.

The plug-in supports both Windows and Linux versions of HomeSeer and requires a standard KNX IP interface (I'm using a Jung IPS REG 200 in my test system).

If you want to have a play with the plug-in please place the updater_override.txt file in your HomeSeer 3 directory. If you then Refresh your listing on the Plug-In/Manage page you should be able to download and enable the plug-in.

There is a link to the help file in the plug-in, but it can also be found here: izKNX Manual

Although the plug-in creates a set of devices you can create more from the config pages.

You can set/remove Group Addresses from the KNX tab on each KNX device you have created in HS. This allows you to link the KNX Group Addresses into the HS devices.

If you are testing the plug-in please provide feedback/input/suggestions via this thread here or via PM to me if you are unable to post to this forum.
    Last edited by NicolaiL; October 21, 2016, 06:01 AM.
    Nicolai L

Wow! Awesome!
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

We don't get a lot of requests for this but we definitely do get some. This will be a nice addition. Good work!
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        We don't get a lot of requests for this but we definitely do get some. This will be a nice addition. Good work!
        Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        Wow! Awesome!
        Thanks for the support and encouragement! I guess I better start implementing support for more devices.
        Nicolai L

Comment

This beta is now updated with considerably more functionality. Please see the message at the top of this thread for more info.
          Nicolai L

Comment

Really good. Good addition because knx has nice devices

Comment

This plug-in is still under development with a beta in the beta section of the updater. There is a separate forum discussion/feature requests set up here:

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1243
              Nicolai L

Comment

Well, I managed to finish the KNX plug-in and get it in a state ready for release. This plug-in is now in the updater.

See here for more detail
                Nicolai L

Comment

Great work!
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                  Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                  on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                  WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                  X