Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analog Data Intermittent Error

Hello:

I'm having a bizarre problem with the Analog Data sometimes getting 'rounded' or somehow getting the wrong value, while the string remains correct. I've included two screenshots of the same analog input about 20 seconds apart.

Any thoughts on this? I'm trying to use status graphics and cannot until I get the actual value to be correct.

The correct data is first, followed by the erroneous data (value gets a 2 instead of 1.71)

Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ksdehoff View Post
    Hello:

I'm having a bizarre problem with the Analog Data sometimes getting 'rounded' or somehow getting the wrong value, while the string remains correct. I've included two screenshots of the same analog input about 20 seconds apart.

Any thoughts on this? I'm trying to use status graphics and cannot until I get the actual value to be correct.

The correct data is first, followed by the erroneous data (value gets a 2 instead of 1.71)

Thanks
    What version of the plug-in are you using? I am on beta 1.27 and the plug-in doesn't set the string value at all on mine. It is odd that yours is setting it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1187457

Maybe unique to the API sketch?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      What version of the plug-in are you using? I am on beta 1.27 and the plug-in doesn't set the string value at all on mine. It is odd that yours is setting it.

[ATTACH]57155[/ATTACH]

Maybe unique to the API sketch?
      Randy I can confirm that my Analog Input devices look like yours and my string value is not set. I am using the standard sketch and not the API. Running version 1.0.0.127 of the plugin.
      Billy

Comment

I am on the latest beta 1.0.0.127. Regarding your other issues, there is a selection on what to update on the configuration page - have you selected 'value & string' for your inputs?
        Attached Files

Comment

I am on the latest beta 1.0.0.127. Regarding your other issues, there is a selection on what to update on the configuration page - have you selected 'value & string' for your inputs?
          I don't have any issues with the plug-in. Bdraper and I are not using the API, so we don't have those options. That would explain the difference in our results. Greig will have to address why the string and value are different on yours.

Comment

I have checked the code and there should be nothing in the string if you are using the standard Sketch as I set it to blank so that the value always shows. So I have no Idea why this would show up. Are you sure there is not a script running on your system setting the string and value on the wrong device?

Send me a debug log and a screenshot of the device config screen and I can look at them to see if that helps.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
              I have checked the code and there should be nothing in the string if you are using the standard Sketch as I set it to blank so that the value always shows. So I have no Idea why this would show up. Are you sure there is not a script running on your system setting the string and value on the wrong device?

Send me a debug log and a screenshot of the device config screen and I can look at them to see if that helps.

Greig.
              It looks like he is using the API sketch.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                It looks like he is using the API sketch.
                O OK I misread the posts. I will check the API code.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Again the code is setting the string and value to the same result. Homeseer must be changing the value for some reason.

If you could see a debug log and a screenshot of the device config screen it might help.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Here is the debug log - looks ok to my review but maybe you can see something.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the debug log - looks ok to my review but maybe you can see something.
                      Yep that all looks fine to me. Can you let the debug log run until you see the change and then check it as you will see in it I have listed the Value and string. This could be Homeseer rounding the device value. What is your Dec Places set to in the status graphics.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

I didn't have a status graphics set, but tried setting ranges with 0,1 and 2 decimal places - didn't impact this problem. I have watched and can confirm that the wrong value (rounded) shows up after the plugin appears to do the right thing. It is consistently doing this to all of my real values - and it is rounding (12.17 rounded down to 12, 1.8 rounded up to 2)

To confuse this further - I had originally written this code on my first arduino - instead of variables 1-4, they were variables 22-26 and this first arduino has no issue with this rounding. I created this working version about 3 months ago so the devices would have been created on earlier versions of your plugin as well as an earlier version of homeseer. the difference between my arduino 1 and arduino 2(having the problem) - arduino 1 has many digital inputs and outputs and these analog inputs, while arduino 2 has only analog inputs.

I've compared the details for both and see no differences
                        Attached Files

Comment

one last piece of information - if I change the variable to value only it works correctly

Comment

Working...
                          X