Schlage, Kwikset or Yale, Pros Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you willing to post the script?

I had thought about doing this before, since the normal adding/removing of codes has not been exposed by the normal scripting means. However, if you have already hacked together a script to do it, then I bet some of us would like to use it.

Comment

+1 Dan - I could definitely use something like that!
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

+2, heh

Comment

+3

Comment

I'll try in this thread. Where is the list of codes and meanings coming from the locks? Manufacturers are no help and defer to homeseer.

Comment

I'm only hesitant to post this, since it very blatantly exposes the security side of the locks.

I don't want people's houses being broken into if someone got into your machine then read your codes from the script (they are just kept in there in plain text). Kind of defeats the "security" that was added in by HS, even to their controlling webpage...you can't "see" the passcodes. In this script, you'd have them exposed.

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Thats a very good point, Dan.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Anybody know if these locks can easily be re-keyed? My house has Schlage locks, and rather than change out 7 locks, and several at the same time, I would like to use my current Schlage key and have the new Z-wave lock re-keyed to match.

Looked at the Yale literature and it says it is a standard, but I wonder if anyone has personal experience. Thanks!

-BD

Comment

The Schlage lever locks can easily be re-keyed with the same process as a standard lock. The person I had rekeying the locks wasn't able to figure out how to do it for the Schalge deadbolt as that key hole is part of the turning mechanism. I'm not saying it can't be done but I wasn't willing to pay another lock smith to try to figure it out.

If anyone is interested in rekeying the Kwickset locks, these are easy as they have the standard Kwickset smartkey that lets you rekey them yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X